Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gemstone farming screwed up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gemstone farming screwed up?

    Has anyone tried farming gemstones lately? I've been farming with the hero I used last ANB, and for some reason I'm getting way less than I'm used to with old heroes. I'm even using the 200% boost and playing Morgenheim.

    Edit: I'm farming after the event ended.

  • #2
    I was farming last night and thought the same thing. Farming with my main and not getting what I normally got before the ANB.

    Comment


    • #3
      I haven't noticed it being worse, but don't have a huge sample size. Are you sure it's not just that you got used to the ANB-level gemstone drops? It really sucks to be back in main account; even with boosters (which I try to save for a War Supplies, with its +15%). Gemstone drops are disappointingly meager.

      I find TBD to be pretty good, but it's long, and you have to kill all the mobs on the way for their gemstones, so not a great run if you're boosted and watching the timer.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post
        I haven't noticed it being worse, but don't have a huge sample size. Are you sure it's not just that you got used to the ANB-level gemstone drops? It really sucks to be back in main account; even with boosters (which I try to save for a War Supplies, with its +15%). Gemstone drops are disappointingly meager.
        I have considered this, and I don't have a significant sample yet as well. I'm just going on the visible difference of a single run. I usually get 2 even 3 gems per mob (pre-ANB, 200% boost) now I barely get 1-2 gems after passing through a couple of mobs.

        Or maybe I was just spoiled by the last event and keep expecting to get more lol.


        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, I asked because personally, I was convinced after a previous ANB that they'd nerfed the rate. Only after doing it a few times now do I grudgingly have to admit that it's probably the way it's always been. Fact: ANB spoils the 'regular' game.

          Comment


          • #6
            ANB event gives you 50% more gemstones compared to regular game/outside event.
            "...Mobile only (Samsung Galaxy J6)..."

            Comment


            • #7
              I will gladly give you gemstones in exchange for gold.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aeliseo View Post
                Has anyone tried farming gemstones lately? I've been farming with the hero I used last ANB, and for some reason I'm getting way less than I'm used to with old heroes. I'm even using the 200% boost and playing Morgenheim.

                Edit: I'm farming after the event ended.
                Since you mentioned "with the hero I used last ANB" - have you cleared Underworld yet? Since Gemstones/Gold drop rates appeared linked to the map's level, and if you haven't cleared Normal yet, it'll most likely be below level 70...
                Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

                Eternium Guides:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nhat View Post

                  Since you mentioned "with the hero I used last ANB" - have you cleared Underworld yet? Since Gemstones/Gold drop rates appeared linked to the map's level, and if you haven't cleared Normal yet, it'll most likely be below level 70...
                  Thanks Nhat, I've been thinking about this as well. I haven't cleared Normal Story Mode yet. Is there a huge difference in drops if I farm in Morgenheim now without finishing Underworld? I just assumed it would be the same since farming is usually done in normal difficulty.

                  Edit: Took a quick peek after reading your reply, enemies are indeed lower in level (65). I didn't even notice lol. This explains the difference I guess, thanks!!
                  Last edited by aeliseo; 08-26-2019, 04:29 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aeliseo View Post

                    Thanks Nhat, I've been thinking about this as well. I haven't cleared Normal Story Mode yet. Is there a huge difference in drops if I farm in Morgenheim now without finishing Underworld? I just assumed it would be the same since farming is usually done in normal difficulty.
                    Not sure about "huge" - but there is definitely a lower drop rate if the map's level is not 70. Farming comparisons have always been done on Normal, but with map Level 70 (max drop rates) - since difficulties doesn't apply to the drop rate, based on what we've seen, but the level does.

                    As I found previously, I definitely needed more runs of TBD to finish the War Supplies event...
                    Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                    I'm running Level 65 Normal - I think the 5 levels lower affects the drop rate a bit, since it has been proven that difficulties doesn't affect Gemstones. Still can't play Act 4, so that's the best I can do, haha.
                    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

                    Eternium Guides:

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X