Guides to be Updated or Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guides to be Updated or Created

Okay, so here is a question for the community as a whole. What guides do you feel should be updated to include the current software version or due to errors? What guides do you feel should be created due to topics that are not covered?

I ask this because there are obviously at least some people out there looking at at least updating current guide, Keaven
    and the gem farming guide as an example. Helping put various guides or lack thereof on the radar might encourage some to address the community's concerns.

Keep in mind ideas that are not just related to your play but also issue you might be aware of impacting others. I am particularly thinking of any updates to help new players.

The first guide that I will mention is:

General Newb Guide

This guide as it current stands does not include any of the changes since Act IV was added which include crafting, equipment level changes and Seasons. There have been postings on the thread but the entire base guide needs to be updated and locked with proposed changes in another thread like other guides are being done.

@Nhat was working on an update but that will remain incomplete as he had to pull back and understandably so. His contributions are greatly appreciated but he is only one person and does have a life.

Anyone else with suggestions for the community to ruminate over?

I also have a question for the non-English as a first language players and players from areas that do not use a decimal point but rather a decimal comma, is there anything that can be done to help make the Forum more accessible like not using the word "ruminate"? Personally the questions is what is the best way to write 10000 to be more universal or does the it not cause any trouble when it is written as 10,000 rather than 10.000 or stick with the SI style of 10 000? I am sure there are lots of us ignorant Americans that are even saying "Huh?" when I even ask that as I was oblivious of the decimal comma for way too much of my life.

I believe one dedicated guide would be a separate guide dedicated to just abbreviations rather than having it be part of the Newb guides. I know that some of the abbreviations make me scratch my head as a native English speakers. I can only imagine the difficulties for our Brazilian, Russian, Korean and Chinese friends that have posted here that have made us pull out the translator. Don't even get me started about the SW abbreviation.

Seriously, the intent of this thread is to see if there are ways that we can improve even further the players helping players aspect of the Forum and improve the universal aspect of the Forum content.

EDIT: Travis, would be great if you would chime in if there are any ways that we may help you or Eternium to help the players with the information we provide.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 09-03-2019, 09:57 PM.

Tin Man, I like your idea of updating some of the guides, and making a new one that lists all the acronyms/abbreviations is a great start.

One that I can think of that could probably use an update is the FAQ guide. Especially since it was written before many of the updates to the current game version. I remember when I first started reading the forums and looked at that guide noting it was out of date then.

I don't know if there is a guide for the current crafting system, which is different from the crafting system that was in place when I started. I remember I had just started figuring out how to craft, then everything changed. After that I never looked to see if there even was a gear crafting guide.
    How about a guide to assist new players with developing a stable of heros, in an economical and gem-wise manner. I could have used that one.

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
    We might consider a Wiki as a information vehicle. Then, all could create/share and Wizards like Nhat might be able to spend more Quality time in just moderating the article.
    (from pg 14 of General Newb Guide, posted 8/5/19)

I think lmcelhiney has a great idea about users creating a Wiki that all could contribute to, maybe with a few moderators that are willing to take on the task of keeping it organized and updated.

I'm sure I'll come up with other ideas when I'm supposed to be thinking about other things, like work. And when I do I'll add it to this thread.
    Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
    Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
    Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
    Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
    Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
    Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

There's this: https://mage-minions.fandom.com/wiki..._Minions_Wikia (started by ezcry4t3d a long time ago)
      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

There's also this... https://sites.google.com/site/eterniumgametutorials/ (started by Prakash Bebington ) dunno if it's still alive or not... LOL...
        GEPU GANA HEPO 9200

See my endgame heroes build...
        How to make jewelry video... (TUTORIAL)
        Boss skills info and how to fight boss... (VIDEOS)
        New crafting system video and how to use it... (TUTORIAL)
        Read my Journey in “A New Beginning” event... or watch the video...
        Watch my live stream playing Eternium...
        Join my Discord gaming server...

Comment

When I started searching for stuff the most useful guides were the newb guide (needs updating though), jewelry crafting, and gem farming (also outdated).

Given how much I'm enjoying the game I plan to incorporate a newb guide update with story mode (covering all resource farming including gems).

Based on what I searched for and couldn't easily find current guides/information on:
          1. Enchanting
          2. Companions
          3. Crafting (including mastery & salvaging)
          4. Gear Set details (including individual piece special effects)
          5. Spending gems (for newbs)
          6. Early game jewelry crafting/fusing
          If any of these are done before I do a comprehensive newb update I'll just link or C&P with credits.

No idea when I'll do the full guide though as I'd rather be playing currently lol.

Another guide lacking for advanced/endgame players is advanced mechanics (abilities, special gear effects, synergies, etc).
          Last edited by Keaven; 09-05-2019, 04:17 AM.
          VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
          Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Originally posted by FendyBt2 View Post
            There's also this... https://sites.google.com/site/eterniumgametutorials/ (started by Prakash Bebington ) dunno if it's still alive or not... LOL...
            Thanks for mentioning the site.

The header says "For Eternium game version 1.2.99+" and does not include anything about Act IV. I did notice a "(c) Making Fun Inc. All rights reserved." at the bottom but that does not seem official as the copyright at makingfun.com is Making Fun, Inc. Travis is listed as a site admin however.

I guess a basic question is where would the community like to see these kind of things? Through the official Forum or other sites?

There is so much stuff that is obsolete and that is partially because individuals stick around for only so long before moving on to other things, which is understandable for a multitude of reasons. Not everyone moves on because of frustration. People move on just because they have accomplished what they wanted. Would be a shame for individuals to spend their time to update things to only have the updates be on dead pages.

My present opinion is that any work on updating guides is best served in the official Forum as that is the location the game directs users. My opinion is not set in stone. I think wherever guides are stored should be endorsed by the game's owners. However, I am only trying to encourage discussion and not promote my opinions.

The endgame is just to try to encourage things to help the players.

Comment

Tin Man I think that any new or updated guides should be placed here on forums. Maybe under the first forum listed, Guides and Walkthroughs, rather than another location. I know I only come to forums for info on game, then use them to link me if I want to see videos or get other info. In my mind the easiest way to find something is to look where you expect to find it and I'd expect to find any useful guides on Eternium on the Eternium forums.
              Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
              Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
              Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
              Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
              Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
              Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

I first attracted to eternium

After reading SoulGaming 2 eternium Wikia Guide
                Sometime I saw his name here in the forum

Just silent I'm afraid

Thank u SoulGaming2
                Honest playin with Low end Pc only

DW Trial 124 in 9:01 min (not bad)

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                  I did notice a "(c) Making Fun Inc. All rights reserved." at the bottom but that does not seem official as the copyright at makingfun.com is Making Fun, Inc. Travis is listed as a site admin however.
                  Despite Prakash's attempt to make an "official" wiki back then, what's there is not official. Anything and everything you find out there is usersub.

Comment

Companions is another topic that needs a guide I forgot to mention.
                    VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
                    Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

I was thinking it would be a cool idea to have the guides linked on the friends board in town. I've played for over 3 years and don't have any friends in the game as of now, of course everyone is different but I think it would be cool to put the guides on the board instead.

There should also be a link to the forums in that board as well. I know there is already one in game but it's hidden in the options menu and I bet many people missed it.
                      Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
                      Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
                      Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
                      Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post
                        I was thinking it would be a cool idea to have the guides linked on the friends board in town. I've played for over 3 years and don't have any friends in the game as of now, of course everyone is different but I think it would be cool to put the guides on the board instead.

There should also be a link to the forums in that board as well. I know there is already one in game but it's hidden in the options menu and I bet many people missed it.
                        Okay, so I know this is off topic but it really must be said.

And you are surprised you don't have any friends with the way you wield that staff and intimidate everyone? Scaring people off the leaderboard and all. Might be good for your endgame but not real good for player relations.

Everyone's input so far is appreciated.

I know that I am seriously considering a thread on developing five heroes frugally. Maybe even a thread that consolidates the various schools of thought regarding approaching A New Beginning Events. Both seem to be common questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

Good suggestion (really). You should post it in https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ck-suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post

Good suggestion (really). You should post it in https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ck-suggestions.
                            My thoughts exactly lol
                            VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
                            Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

Okay, so I know this is off topic but it really must be said.

And you are surprised you don't have any friends with the way you wield that staff and intimidate everyone? Scaring people off the leaderboard and all. Might be good for your endgame but not real good for player relations.

Everyone's input so far is appreciated.

I know that I am seriously considering a thread on developing five heroes frugally. Maybe even a thread that consolidates the various schools of thought regarding approaching A New Beginning Events. Both seem to be common questions.
                              When multiplayer hits then maybe, just maybe I can stop being so relentless but I doubt it
                              Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
                              Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
                              Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
                              Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Working...
                              X