No announcement yet.

Guides to be Updated or Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travis, could you give the official line? I assume that MF/DP would want any guides to reside in the Forum. Would this be a correct assumption?

I know many have expressed a desire for a wiki style area for that kind of documentation so there is flexibility but my belief is that MF/DP would not encourage that path.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post

Good suggestion (really). You should post it in https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ck-suggestions.
      Heyyyy!!! Check me out everybody, I'm over here getting responses from Travis and I didn't even ask a question. It's only a matter of time before the devs and I are breaking bread together.
      Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
      Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
      Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
      Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Wagstaffer

Maybe the fear factor from your staff is even worse than I thought. He responded in 14 minutes also! Really is a good idea. Make it a Friends and Game Help board or Bulletin Board or something like that. Maybe even a shortcut to the Forum.

Travis, this is completely off topic but I know there was a fair amount of discussion about your post count, yes we know you set it to the largest Marsenne Prime now and then, and how your are having it auto-increment even though it exceeds 32-bit. Care to share?

Comment

We also need a guide for crossing bridges.
          VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
          Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Keaven View Post
            We also need a guide for crossing bridges.
            Crossing bridges?

Comment

Sometimes the pathing is buggy. It might be best to have a guide to show how to cross those buggy bridges.

P.S. I'm kidding.

P.P.S. It would be funny if this is what he meant.
              Last edited by Shade Glow; 09-05-2019, 07:33 AM.
              Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
              ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

Keaven Shade Glow

I thought that might have been what was meant but was kinda caught off guard as a guide suggestion. Isn't the simple solution to not tap and just drag your finger? Still has some quirks now and then but resolves most of the problems. The funny thing is that the game didn't used to have that problem on that level. The problem developed something like a year or so ago.

Then again it seems that there are people out there that don't know you have to tap to move but that you may just drag your finger. I saw a posting recently where moving through a level was being discussed and mentioned tapping off screen, which is very valid, but never mentioned just dragging your finger across the screen or the mouse across the screen while holding the button. The context was move around and through mobs if I recall properly.

I guess not a "Crossing Bridges" guide but a "Moving Around" guide so that that specific and more general issues are addressed?
                Last edited by Tin Man; 09-05-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

"Easy! Like... Crossing bridges!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                    ... and how your are having it auto-increment even though it exceeds 32-bit. Care to share?
                    I believe the signed 32-bit limitation only apply to Eternium, I'm not sure if it's purely a "display truncation" issue or an internal storage issue though... Maybe it's display only, because if you deal negative damage, then you'll be healing the mobs...

Forum code is most likely capable of displaying up to 64-bit, as are most modern software...
                    Last edited by Nhat; 09-05-2019, 11:03 PM. Reason: signed 32-bit: int, int32_t, and %d display...
                    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Another possible explanation is that the post count uses non-signed 32-bit values, as nobody is supposed to have a negative post count. That would raise the theoretical limit to about 4 billion posts, or [2^32 -1] exactly.

So my guess is Travis can still make a LOT of posts before he needs to reset his post count again.
                      Last edited by MarkHark; 09-05-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I set it to the max 32-bit integer and it keeps on ticking.

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                        Travis, could you give the official line? I assume that MF/DP would want any guides to reside in the Forum. Would this be a correct assumption?
                        In my experience, forum guides are easier to access and follow, but like I said, it's all usersub...arrange it how you would like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                          "Easy! Like... Crossing bridges!"
                          Precisely
                          VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
                          Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

I've begun the Eternium Walkthrough if anyone wants to contribute feel free to message or post.
                            VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
                            Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Pm or mention me if you need info on the calculations stuff. I think most of my spreadsheets have been updated to the latest formulas, please let me know if they're giving wrong results.

Thanks to everyone for contributing and helping out other players.
                              Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I'm entertaining the idea of some kind of guide on end game pushing for mage, probably for top 50 LB. Do you think this would of value? What is the best format to do a guide? Make a forum post and reserve slots?
                                Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                                Teran - CL2000

Comment

Working...
                                X