Targeting on Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targeting on Mobile

Am I just untalented? Honestly, without trying to be arrogant, I don't believe this. Targeting on a mobile is really a PITA. There's this big bunch of targets, counting nearly hundreds, running right towards your position. You tap right in the middle, and even if your finger tips would be needle sized it would be really hard to tap on an empty space between all those enemies. And what does your toon do? In half of the cases it just screams "Yeah, onward for the glory" - and runs right into the mob, sacrificing it's life and your good mood. Why? Just why??
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 142, Rank #68
    Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 117
    Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
    Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

Mobile only

Welcome to the club

Comment

that's why I play warrior, I actually need him to be there

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
        Am I just untalented? Honestly, without trying to be arrogant, I don't believe this. Targeting on a mobile is really a PITA. There's this big bunch of targets, counting nearly hundreds, running right towards your position. You tap right in the middle, and even if your finger tips would be needle sized it would be really hard to tap on an empty space between all those enemies. And what does your toon do? In half of the cases it just screams "Yeah, onward for the glory" - and runs right into the mob, sacrificing it's life and your good mood. Why? Just why??
        We all know that precision targetting is a little bit nasty on mobile game. But here's what I do to at least avoid my toons suicidal tendency.

I use BH, Mage and Warrior evenly and using single and double tap is key to survival. Well, there are really rare circumtances that you need to be precise in your target. So I say you drop the idea.

When I play, I focus on positioning rather than targeting. For example on Mage gameplay, I usually double tap between my toon and the enemies so that it will always attack the nearest mob while holding position, then use single tap to maintain the gap and maneuver. Same goes with BH cause what actually kilss them are the AOE skills.

For warrior, its a bit different, simpler I would say but if you're using archers to freeze the enemies, then then you will have to do a lot of positioning using single and double tap.
        Retired Mobile Player

Comment

I always attack the closest enemy and if there is an elite that I need to focus on, I will just maneuver myself to where he's the closest one. The real problem is when you're attacking and want to run left or right but the game wants to keep attacking.

What also works well for me is mapping my primary skill to the two finger gesture and use the single tap for arc lightning or its equivalent on other classes
          Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
          Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
          Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
          Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post
            What also works well for me is mapping my primary skill to the two finger gesture and use the single tap for arc lightning or its equivalent on other classes
            This is the answer. Two finger gesture is my primary attack, too. It always targets something (even if it's the wrong one).

Comment

Well, this may work on a mage. But it's a no-go on a BH. The reason: the skill "Rapid fire" uses the primary attack - which would then be the wrong one.

/edit:
              Well, at least a no-go on a stalker build...
              MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

And addition to that, I'm not against the buff/debuff displayed at the bottom of the healthbar of either me or the mobs. It was great actually. But it decreases the momentum and the feel of consistency especially on trials, when you tap on the area near the top left or right of my hero (I was used to go behind bosses, except Elban) it got me killed many times since the feature was added so I changed my movement to sideways, if there is only an option to disable the popping out of the buff/debuff screen, it would be better. And another one, I draw multiple times on casting Magnetic Trap of BHs, even if the cooldown is finished, I draw two to three times before it casts successfully.
                Last edited by Benedicto; 09-05-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Well, this may work on a mage. But it's a no-go on a BH. The reason: the skill "Rapid fire" uses the primary attack - which would then be the wrong one.

/edit:
                  It didn't even cross my mind that you have to deal with that on certain bounty hunter builds. It's even worse for a bounty hunter due to how much speed they move with.

I've played on my tab s3 with the Spen and although the fps is pretty low, the targeting was right on point. If you have a stylus laying around it could be worth a try if you didn't mind losing out on the double finger gesture.
                  Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
                  Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
                  Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
                  Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

/edit:
                    Well I'd say that is contrary. It is best for BH stalker. Cause you don't need to swap skills to gain AS.
                    Retired Mobile Player

Comment

It's even worse for a bounty hunter due to how much speed they move with.
                      Yup, that's a major part of the problem. Not only the toon just runs off, head-first into the mob, it is literally almost there when you realize it. So, the counter-reaction is often too late , the damage was already done. And even if the toon did not die, the need to reposition much further much sooner than normal (and thus losing extra time) does not make high trials more likely to beat.
                      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

Well I'd say that is contrary. It is best for BH stalker. Cause you don't need to swap skills to gain AS.
                        I'm not too sure what you mean by that. Maybe I misphrased something. What I meant is that a stalker build can't put a different attack in the first slot other than Lethal shot, since this one needs to be utilized by Rapid fire. Putting another attack type here would significantly lower the dps.
                        MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

I'm not too sure what you mean by that. Maybe I misphrased something. What I meant is that a stalker build can't put a different attack in the first slot other than Lethal shot, since this one needs to be utilized by Rapid fire. Putting another attack type here would significantly lower the dps.
                          Yes exactly. So you put that on double tap and just use single tap on movement. Again double tap always between you and mob. Also works on boss.

As for the move speed, use only 1 move speed attribute (either pants or boots). That gives you extra stat to boost. With 1 speed bonus, you get around 27 mps with path finder which is manageable.
                          Retired Mobile Player

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post
                            So you put that on double tap and just use single tap on movement.

And this exactly can't be done. Well, technically it could be done, but it would decrease overall dps. This is what I meant: Rapid fire (the bh skill) uses the single-finger attack whatsoever. So, if I put Lethal shot on the double-finger-attack as you suggest, Rapid fire would use Scatter shot or Explosive shot (literally every other attack type that getting configured as the single-finger attack). And THIS is the cause where the DPS would drop. So it's not going to work out.
                            MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

And this exactly can't be done. Well, technically it could be done, but it would decrease overall dps. This is what I meant: Rapid fire (the bh skill) uses the single-finger attack whatsoever. So, if I put Lethal shot on the double-finger-attack as you suggest, Rapid fire would use Scatter shot or Explosive shot (literally every other attack type that getting configured as the single-finger attack). And THIS is the cause where the DPS would drop. So it's not going to work out.
                              I will have to check on that. Cause AFAIK, rapid fire uses the active attack and not specifically the one assigned as single finger attack or primary attack.
                              Retired Mobile Player

Comment

Working...
                              X