New Content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Content?

I'm sorry I'm asking a 1000-times asked question again, but the game is so addicting I can't resist - are there any news regarding the release date of Act V? Like is it a long way ahead still ? or is it about finished? Thanks!

There have been talks of a few upcoming features like multiplayer and redesigned jewellery crafting but I guess all that comes after the port to UnReal has been done. That being said, the devs have surprised us with new content earlier, no reason why it can't happen again.

Comment

ShotDead miltiplayer has been coming for 3 years haha... It's on the star citizen time line. Personally, I'll settle for the medal I won in bronze a month ago.
      Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
      Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
      Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
      Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post
        ShotDead miltiplayer has been coming for 3 years haha... It's on the star citizen time line. Personally, I'll settle for the medal I won in bronze a month ago.
        Wow! It's been a month already? Lost track of time!

Comment

It's on the star citizen time line. Personally, I'll settle for the medal I won in bronze a month ago.
          I'm not in a hurry. I just want LBs to be cleaned. Fine by me if it takes one more month. Although Travis indicated (I may have to regret mentioning him here ) that it might be done this week.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

I'm not in a hurry. I just want LBs to be cleaned. Fine by me if it takes one more month. Although Travis indicated (I may have to regret mentioning him here ) that it might be done this week.
            That would be nice. At first I didn't mind the wait either but after a month the leaderboards should have been cleaned, I'd think that would be one of the top priorities. Hopefully, you don't regret it and Travis confirms it. I hate the fact that cheaters have this big of an impact on the devs and the player base.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
              There have been talks of a few upcoming features like multiplayer and redesigned jewellery crafting but I guess all that comes after the port to UnReal has been done. That being said, the devs have surprised us with new content earlier, no reason why it can't happen again.
              port to unreal? is this official? never heard of this project! care to elaborate on it a bit more please?

Comment

Originally posted by nightshade3 View Post

port to unreal? is this official? never heard of this project! care to elaborate on it a bit more please?
                The game engine the game is currently in (Marmelade) has been discontinued a while ago and no longer gets support. So the devs had no choice to decide to move to Unreal (or Unity, but they chose the former). Decision was announced months ago, and as you can expect it's taking a huge amount of their time.

I was honestly even surprised we've gotten Act 4, crafting and lvl75+ items in between to keep us busy, so every new release is a nice added bonus while we await the new game version .

Comment

Originally posted by UmbraDei View Post

The game engine the game is currently in (Marmelade) has been discontinued a while ago and no longer gets support. So the devs had no choice to decide to move to Unreal (or Unity, but they chose the former). Decision was announced months ago, and as you can expect it's taking a huge amount of their time.

I was honestly even surprised we've gotten Act 4, crafting and lvl75+ items in between to keep us busy, so every new release is a nice added bonus while we await the new game version .
                  Thanks! are there any obvious advantages of running on unreal or is it "under the carpet" only ?

Comment

Thanks! are there any obvious advantages of running on unreal or is it "under the carpet" only ?
                    "under the hood" benefits still mean it executes more smoothly, less lag, etc.

Comment

Also (hopefully), an adequate foundation for multiplayer.

Comment

That would be nice. At first I didn't mind the wait either but after a month the leaderboards should have been cleaned, I'd think that would be one of the top priorities. Hopefully, you don't regret it and Travis confirms it. I hate the fact that cheaters have this big of an impact on the devs and the player base.
                        Dude, I let it slide the first time but you had to bring it up a second. Bronze didn't start until a month ago. The event didn't end until three weeks ago today unless my calendaring is off.

Yes, this is still a long wait and much longer than usual but there were lots of issues to deal with due to that Bronze so would much rather do due diligence and attempt to minimize uproar than just rush to get it out. No matter what they end up doing there are going to be ticked off people.

At least they have pushed out War Supplies and that likely means Silver is coming Friday. I will happily exchange waiting for the medals from Bronze to getting back to the regular schedule with Silver and Gold. I have characters to make.

Will be nice if Gold and the last week of Season 1 do no run simultaneously and right now it looks the the earliest Gold will start will be roughly the day after or the day off Season 1 ending which would be good timing. If Silver isn't started this Friday then Silver and Season 1 would be ending at roughly the same time which would not be good.

Having to wait for medals to maintain sanity to the schedule seems like the best option to me.

Comment

The plan is to post LBs and distribute medals this week.

Comment

For one thing, Unreal is widely used. As Epic builds out its store (I know, hot button topic there), continues to update Unreal, and build it's own game, it should be around for the long haul. And if you look at the games out there built on Unreal, the devs will have a lot of goodies to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

Dude, I let it slide the first time but you had to bring it up a second. Bronze didn't start until a month ago. The event didn't end until three weeks ago today unless my calendaring is off.

Yes, this is still a long wait and much longer than usual but there were lots of issues to deal with due to that Bronze so would much rather do due diligence and attempt to minimize uproar than just rush to get it out. No matter what they end up doing there are going to be ticked off people.

At least they have pushed out War Supplies and that likely means Silver is coming Friday. I will happily exchange waiting for the medals from Bronze to getting back to the regular schedule with Silver and Gold. I have characters to make.

Will be nice if Gold and the last week of Season 1 do no run simultaneously and right now it looks the the earliest Gold will start will be roughly the day after or the day off Season 1 ending which would be good timing. If Silver isn't started this Friday then Silver and Season 1 would be ending at roughly the same time which would not be good.

Having to wait for medals to maintain sanity to the schedule seems like the best option to me.
                              I hear all of that and understand many things needed to be worked on, I personally don't think people would have anything to complain about if it's done right. It would be horrible if all of the problems from bonze are still present in silver but I don't think the devs would let that happen.

If waiting for the medals meant getting back to the regular schedule we'd be done with silver by now but that's not how they worked it. I imagine it's already been done and theyve opted to push everything out at once, which could be a problem in itself. And of course those who didn't place for a medal don't mind the wait ​​​​​​...

I'd like to see the season end before gold too so I can use those 10,000 gems in the bank though I'm not too worried either way, I think I'm done pushing on the seasonal leaderboard. If things stay anything similar to how they are now, after the cheaters are removed from this leaderboard I could be looking at a top 25 finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X