Something Changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Changed

So, I run The Gauntlet to do my dailies every day. Running The Gauntlet in Normal is a relatively low burden way of clearing the dailies. Anyways, running The Gauntlet in Normal has always yielded rares from the treasure box at the end. I never remember seeing anything other than rares and I have been doing The Gauntlet for quite some time. Well, today I pulled down two legendaries which I never remember seeing unless I run The Gauntlet on Legendary.

Anyone else notice any changes in the equipment drop types?

Random Number God at work, again?

Comment

You've never gotten a Legendary drop in a Normal level? It happens, though not with any frequency or regularity. I've gotten great drops from the locked island before as well on Normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
        ...Running The Gauntlet in Normal...
        I believe this just relates the equipment being dropped while running Normal on The Gauntlet.

Comment

Originally posted by vehmic View Post
          You've never gotten a Legendary drop in a Normal level? It happens, though not with any frequency or regularity. I've gotten great drops from the locked island before as well on Normal.
          As lmcelhiney mentioned, this observation was specific to The Gauntlet story model level in Normal mode. I get legendaries all the time in Normal, especially running Misty Island, but have done literally thousands of runs of The Gauntlet in Normal mode and can not ever recall getting a legendary then all of a sudden I get two in one day during different runs. The first legendary caught my attention but I just considered it a fluke and salvaged it but the second really made me wonder and prompted this thread.

Just to give you a point of reference, I do The Gauntlet enough that I have even gotten a legendary level 72 Integralas Mantle that is practically usable while running The Gauntlet in Legendary mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_12811.png
Views:	235
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	149677

The out of the ordinary legendary from The Gauntlet in Normal mode is why I wondered if anyone else noticed any other unusual drops.

Comment

Good cape. Can you reforge that Defect into somethig more useful?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
              Good cape. Can you reforge that Defect into somethig more useful?
              Could but isn't worth using the gems to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

As lmcelhiney mentioned, this observation was specific to The Gauntlet story model level in Normal mode. I get legendaries all the time in Normal, especially running Misty Island, but have done literally thousands of runs of The Gauntlet in Normal mode and can not ever recall getting a legendary then all of a sudden I get two in one day during different runs. The first legendary caught my attention but I just considered it a fluke and salvaged it but the second really made me wonder and prompted this thread.

Just to give you a point of reference, I do The Gauntlet enough that I have even gotten a legendary level 72 Integralas Mantle that is practically usable while running The Gauntlet in Legendary mode.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12811.png Views:	140 Size:	206.4 KB ID:	149677

The out of the ordinary legendary from The Gauntlet in Normal mode is why I wondered if anyone else noticed any other unusual drops.
                Good observations, I haven't noticed an uptick myself. Maybe they Michael Bolton'ed a decimal point somewhere which is causing more Legendary gear drops? Free mats either way I say.
                Last edited by vehmic; 09-12-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X