Thoughts on post-update trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on post-update trials

Trials seem to be SIGNIFICANTLY harder. At the time of writing this, I've only run from 7-100. I also seemed to be running into more Elites. It took me more than twice as long to clear 100 than before the update and I died, which didn't even happen in my experience gear. It even took about 40 seconds longer than 120 before the update. On the plus side, I finally got a max level drop. Too bad it's trash rolls on Jugs shoulderpads.

What are your thoughts on the new scaling?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191030-032800_Eternium.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	153827Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191105-215715_Eternium.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	153828
    ROJO CIXA XITO 9019

I cleared 115 in same time I clear 135. 2nd CBox is going to be harder than ever for most newbies in Gold. It's high time they make it at least L75.
    Last edited by ShotDead; 11-06-2019, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
      I cleared 115 in same time I clear 135. 2nd CBox is going to be harder than ever for most newbies in Gold. It's high time they make is at least L75.
      Gold will be interesting and it's definitely going to be tough. I think they also need to do something about jewelry levels and crafting method. My subsequent runs on TL100 broke 100b total damage to clear. I don't really see why trial difficulty needed adjustment in the first place. It used to be scaled way differently, with people up in the thousands but now even the leaders are barely in the 150+ range.
      ROJO CIXA XITO 9019

Comment

I am really sorry to say, but again the devs failed miserably. Post-update trials are insanely harder that pre-update, yet they have not managed to re-set unlocked trials, which, in fact grant a huge advantage to high-level players as they can skip harder trial bosses as they like. I mean - what the heck? This is so basic, that I can't even imagine why progress had not been reset. Again I am disappointed by how the game develops. :-(
        MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 143 (pre-patch)
        Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 122 (pre-patch)
        Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103 (pre-patch)
        Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101 (pre-patch)

Mobile only

Comment

I wouldn't know how this update feels as Amazon is taking their sweet time to either green light the update or roll it out. The disadvantage of running a Amazon product. All I want to know is did they fix the excessive crashing on quests and dailies. Or I'm relegated to Trials only again.
          TL 131 Bounty Hunter - Hydrolic Mobile and PC
          Season 1 Final Rank #378
          Eternium Account Creation: January 5th 2018
          Champion Level 1740+

Comment

• ScabbyNuisance
            ScabbyNuisance commented
            Editing a comment
            I installed the Play Store on my Fire HD 10 (2017, 7th gen). Not sure which Kindle you have, but most allow side-loading apks (under Developer Options). I've run the PS version of the game for 9 months, with about a 2 wk gap when I tried the Amazon App Store version to see if it fixed ads (it didn't). Performance was identical, but the AAS build forces the bottom nav bar on, so you lose vertical screen space. That, plus AMZN's slow rollouts and lame CrApp Store are a non-issue, now. Do it!

• HydrolicPredator
            HydrolicPredator commented
            Editing a comment
            ScabbyNuisance I did the install of the PlayStore by following a website. Worked eventually. On the current version of Eternium. Tested with Moon Landing daily which I've had for about 2 weeks. Completed it and turned it in and it didn't crash. Thank you for that. You sir are legend. Now for more story mode testing and some Trials. Again thank you.

• HydrolicPredator
            HydrolicPredator commented
            Editing a comment
            Spoke too soon. Still having issues. Trials again still 100% fine. Wonder what's causing it. It didn't crash on Moon Landing which it did all the time. Perhaps other levels might work.

Now I actually have the update and have spend about an hour on it. I had to reinstall as Trials crashed a lot. Seems to be fine now. Trials definitely got harder. TL 100 is no longer a 2 to 3 minute thing. On TL 102 which is The Broken Dragon right now (Yay.) Mobs are actually a threat even trash mobs. I spend most of my time running away from skeleton archers. Swapped Piercing Ammo for Endurance which helped a bit. I see LoH being a really nice stat to roll on gear. Might be mandatory on more gear on the higher Trials. ANB will be very interesting now. Did get a level 77 item to drop on TL 101. This does however make Havoc which was already sub par (Compared to Stalker/Assault) even worse. Same goes with Apprentice Set. I'm a sucker for punishment so I might get some enjoyment out of this update. I think there will be polarizing opinions on this update.
          TL 131 Bounty Hunter - Hydrolic Mobile and PC
          Season 1 Final Rank #378
          Eternium Account Creation: January 5th 2018
          Champion Level 1740+

Comment

• Xeros
            Xeros commented
            Editing a comment
            I was running sub 2 minute TL100 without even getting close to dying and now the time is 4min + in push gear with a death or two. I don't have a screenshot handy for proof but I'm pretty sure the old total damage was a bit under 50 billion, now it's anywhere from 89 (my lowest so far) to 107 (my highest so far). I don't, with my limited insight, understand what the problem was and why it needed to be addressed but I just hope the rewards scale up as much as the difficulty. I did get a lv77 on my first TL100 but it was a set I don't use with trash adds. IIRC from Wagstaffer 's heads up on the update the rewards are supposed to increase at 120, which at the time of writing this only 6 warriors have even done and is currently the lead trial cleared.

TL100 was taking me 1:20 before and now at 4:30 or so. Died a couple times and did not expect that. The better drops are nice.

Comment

Yeah... I suspect it's going to be very difficult to complete trial 100 in ANB gold

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
              Yeah... I suspect it's going to be very difficult to complete trial 100 in ANB gold
              I'll surely take the challenge to beat trial 100 in anb
              Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

I am thinking about why trial difficulty was touched all the time, and honestly I can't think of any decent reason to do so. (If it was to cut down the number of celestial items in the game they simply could've moved the cboxes further up the ladder, so this could not be the reason).

I therefore would like to ask explicitly the devs or Travis, if they could please give us an information on why they did it - and what they think they'll do in order to clean up the mess (with not resetting progress consistently) they left behind again. So, Travis, can you give us some information on this question, or if not, can you please ask one of the devs to give it to us?
                MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 143 (pre-patch)
                Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 122 (pre-patch)
                Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103 (pre-patch)
                Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101 (pre-patch)

Mobile only

Comment

The only reason I can think of for increasing trial difficulty is that they are trying to discourage xp farming.

Comment

• Christian Lamine
                    Christian Lamine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ...exactly this would be diametrically opposing the very core of the game principle - as it is all about making progress, gaining experience and grinding for materials. So IMO this could not be the reason either.

I have a strong feeling that TL100 C/Box ain't going to be a L70 one.

Am I ready for a big disappointment?

Comment

• Xeros
                    Xeros commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably tbh

So after doing more trial runs, I have to say: increased difficulty accompanied by the present increased drops, cool. Probably still a little too extreme seeing as the TL120 barrier for drops has only been accomplished by a handful of players so far. But I've made more progress on my gear over today than I have since Season 1.

A couple other observations are I seem to be getting a lot of the summoners who cast the rotating fire though and end up getting nuked with no warning and mithril and silver ornaments are extremely hard to come by. I spent 6 million gold crafting 13 Encrypted shields because I had to make the mithril and ornaments.

My major concern, which many seem to share at this point, is what of AnB. Are the requisite TL benchmarks for Cboxes being lowered? Because on my main I'm riding about a 6:00-6:30 TL105 and even though I did pretty solid on building a character last AnB it, seems like it's gonna be tough for skilled/veteran players and probably feel insurmountable for many newer players.

So I guess my takeaway is:
                  better drops is outstanding

trials are difficult enough to raise concerns, especially for AnB

Some resources seems much harder to come by
                  ROJO CIXA XITO 9019

Comment

• Christian Lamine
                    Editing a comment
                    "I seem to be getting a lot of the summoners who cast the rotating fire though and end up getting nuked with no warning" - so, there's a second one having the same feeling as I do. I also thought that there has been an increase in those summoners, but I suspected it to be just me not liking them (I would get in trouble with Travis if I used the exact words that came to my mind when I think of those ugly, dirty, nasty... ooops, never mind.

• Xeros
                    Xeros commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, those guys are ridiculous. Especially pulling a group and discovering there are 3-5 of those mean little bastards.

Have you also noticed mithril and silver to be much less common?

• Christian Lamine
                    Editing a comment
                    I can't make any statement on this unfortunately, since I don't really monitor what materials are gained through salvaging items... I just happen to be surprised when the material I need to craft has gone out of stock.

erm...trial 114 (Garm why do I always hv to face him?) seems more difficult than trial 139 of old
                  I like the challenge
                  Thank you
                  Last edited by TheExorcist; 11-08-2019, 12:43 PM.
                  Honest playin with Low end Pc
                  Nice Story Mode Indeed: Thank You
                  Season Pack 2? start all over again? awesome!!!
                  Let's play

Comment

• Xeros
                    Xeros commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not very good at getting mobile to cooperate with moving/dodging, so I exclusively do Kara trials since all I have to do is focus on skill rotations as a warrior. I had to do 100 quite a few times before I cleared it fast enough to unlock 105. Now I switched WW out for DT and my 105 time is significantly faster but not good enough to unlock 110 yet.

Anyone figured out when/if XP and gear drops peak in higher trials and how high?
                  VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
                  Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

• Christian Lamine
                    Editing a comment
                    Regarding XP:
                    Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
                    120 is the new cap.
                Working...
                X