No announcement yet.

Thoughts on post-update trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Experience "capped" at trial 100 (if i'm not mistaken) still relevant? or is there any updating on this
    Honest playin with Low end Pc
    Nice Story Mode Indeed: Thank You
    Season Pack 2? start all over again? awesome!!!
    Let's play

Comment

• Keaven
      Keaven commented
      Editing a comment
      According to the play store update notes gear and XP caps were raised for higher trials.

• Xeros
      Xeros commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, 105 seems to give more xp than 100 for your anecdotal evidence

Keaven Thanks for the info
    Let's play

Comment

120 is the new cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
        I am thinking about why trial difficulty was touched all the time, and honestly I can't think of any decent reason to do so. (If it was to cut down the number of celestial items in the game they simply could've moved the cboxes further up the ladder, so this could not be the reason).

I therefore would like to ask explicitly the devs or Travis, if they could please give us an information on why they did it - and what they think they'll do in order to clean up the mess (with not resetting progress consistently) they left behind again. So, Travis, can you give us some information on this question, or if not, can you please ask one of the devs to give it to us?
        This is a question for Red (Developer) .

Comment

Travis any news on the Amazon Store getting the update. Was it declined or are Amazon just being slow as usual.
          TL 131 Bounty Hunter - Hydrolic Mobile and PC
          Season 1 Final Rank #378
          Eternium Account Creation: January 5th 2018
          Champion Level 1740+

Comment

Originally posted by HydrolicPredator View Post
            Travis any news on the Amazon Store getting the update. Was it declined or are Amazon just being slow as usual.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy (1).gif
Views:	151
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	154178

Comment

• Ramdango
              Ramdango commented
              Editing a comment
              Too funny gzilla Loved it! And I just learned how to comment on stuff my day is shaping up nicely .....Happy Grinding!

Xerox...
            WW SW...well
            as Arionthe says: Hv to do massive Puling vs massive LOH vs Vitality
            Ability should be high too imao (>1800?)
            haste? not sure. This New updated thing is "Tough" but I manage this far with Haste 4.4-4.7 (nothing more -at the moment)
            I only know how to used Whirlwind with DT/SB/BR and later Shockwave perhaps(alternative to WW)
            other skills? haywire i'm afraid (low end pc)
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 11-08-2019, 07:53 PM.
            Let's play

Comment

What seems most noticeable to me is that mobs take a lot more damage now before dying. Before the update, I could blast through even the toughest mobs with one round of abilities (e.g., magnetic trap, some tracer hits with explosive shot followed by a dose of rapid fire, & heatseekers). Now, in spite of the CL boost from ANB Silver, even the lower level mobs sometimes take a second round of abilities to completely bring them down. I also have to be more careful about how large a group that I can pull before I get killed, which also slows things down.

My hunch is that the Devs are recalibrating the game to take into account the level 75 to level 77 gear upgrade. Most of my gear is still level 70 with only a few level 71/72's. So far, I have not been lucky in crafting or drops to have the gear to challenge the more difficult trials. Maybe if drops are actually better now, I will have more luck with the new upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

My hunch is that the Devs are recalibrating the game to take into account the level 75 to level 77 gear upgrade. Most of my gear is still level 70 with only a few level 71/72's. So far, I have not been lucky in crafting or drops to have the gear to challenge the more difficult trials. Maybe if drops are actually better now, I will have more luck with the new upgrade.
                My best piece before the update was a lv72 Blackguard's Resolve Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-140925_Eternium.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	154186
                ROJO CIXA XITO 9019

Comment

• Ozymandius
                  Ozymandius commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your post gives me hope. What trial level are you running to get these drops?

p.s. - That's a lot of Toughness!!!

• Xeros
                  Xeros commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ozymandius the purple stuff in my inventory is my gold farming gear that I crafted, the gold stuff is drops as well. Everything but the shoulderpads and shield on my equipped gear were drops, excluding the two celes of course. I was running TL100 for those, and even got a couple 77s but they were sets and rolls I didn't need so they got salvaged. The cape dropped on 105 which is what I've been running lately. I've only run probably 25ish TL100 and 105 too.

• Xeros
                  Xeros commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also, there's warriors who are up over 3m toughness. I'm still a bebe

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                Xerox...
                WW SW...well
                as Arionthe says: Hv to do massive Puling vs massive LOH vs Vitality
                Ability should be high too imao (>1800?)
                haste? not sure. This New updated thing is "Tough" but I manage this far with Haste 4.4-4.7 (nothing more -at the moment)
                I only know how to used Whirlwind with DT/SB/BR and later Shockwave perhaps(alternative to WW)
                other skills? haywire i'm afraid (low end pc)
                Still working on replacing some rolls and gear as I go. Need to make new rings but kinda wanna wait until I get some more rare j boxes. I used to run BR/SB/WW and move/pull with all 3 active but after the update mobs are too tough for my mediocre build and I end up killing myself pulling too many. Now with DT in place of WW I dash between mobs with BR and SB active to pull a couple groups and drop Eileen's vortex to group them and go to town with BR+SB active and frenzy with deadly throw every time it's up, which is a lot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-141217_Eternium.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	154188
                ROJO CIXA XITO 9019

Comment

Is it just me or do the mobs seem closer together? I've crawled back up to 100 and I am pulling way more adds unintentionally now than I did before (deadly throw, sigh). I can't run out of fire/mutishot/etc as well without pulling additional groups.

I don't have any complaints about the hardness shift (feels like a pretty straight forward 20-level shift to me which I imagine the greatly improved high-level gear drop increase will even out shortly), but not being able to run with the same finesse due to the, seemingly, more crowded field is really bothering me.

Comment

• Xeros
                    Xeros commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Weird. I actually feel like there are fewer mobs and a slightly smaller field but there are more Elites and all of the mobs are stronger. Wasn't ready trying to pay any attention to this, just the way it seems to me.
                Working...
                X