ANB LBs tainted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB LBs tainted

It seems like there are players on the LBs with suspiciously low DPS vs Trial level cleared. Are there any plans to purge these players from the leaderboards? I don’t know how they are clearing the trials with such low damage but the numbers do not add up. See pictures attached.

below picture shows dps at TL115 completed to be less than 200 million. It takes at least 3-4x that dps to actually beat that trial legitimately. There are other examples on the warrior leaderboard too, I believe the #4 warrior Igomarket is also guilty of this as well. Just a heads up for those taking a close look at LBs when awarding medals.
    Attached Files

Don't worry too much, there is always a purge of the LB after every event. Gotta kick the cheaters to the curb.
    JOJE YAGU MUQA 0638/(version 1.4.38)M-105 W-107 BH-102

Comment

• Kungpaogao
      Kungpaogao commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes but this seems to be a new issue so I want to alert the right people immediately so they have visibility early on this.

• .sad.soul.
      .sad.soul. commented
      Editing a comment
      Works for me. Travis (MakingFun) reads everything on the forum, so he'll read this. Cheaters will get caught.

Comment

Now this a genuine sign of possession
      Schizophrenia (split personality). One person with 2 different status at the same spot. wat? at the Warrior LB? o my
      where's the priest?. we need an exorcism
      Honest playin with Low end Pc
      Nice Story Mode Indeed: Thank You
      Season Pack 2? start all over again? awesome!!!
      Let's play

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        But isn't that why we have you around?

The spot didn't change but the hero beat an additional trial, gained 4 CLs and apparently pulled out the big guns for final push.

• Romme
        Romme commented
        Editing a comment
        The tl120 run was completed with 70 weapon and shield, rare pants and 4 epic ephemeral armor peices in under 5 minutes. Top warriors in season with 2000+CL and CTs don't even do that.

There appeared to be a bug that was causing some information to display incorrectly. You can tell from the pictures that have already been posted, gear was missing from gear slots, and some gear wasn't even displayed on the characters themselves.

I know you can turn off cosmetic gear effects/skins in the dressing room, but the gear that wasn't displaying for several characters was too random for it to simply be a fashion trend.

My guess is that this bug also had an impact on how stats were displayed as well.

That being said, I'd refrain from making accusations pertaining specifically to these discrepancies, given that there were definitely inconsistencies between what's shown vs what was actually supposed to be displayed.

Like .sad.soul. said, cheaters will be purged before final LBs are posted and rewards are mailed out, even if it takes what feels like an "eternium" to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Iox View Post
        There appeared to be a bug that was causing some information to display incorrectly. You can tell from the pictures that have already been posted, gear was missing from gear slots, and some gear wasn't even displayed on the characters themselves.

I know you can turn off cosmetic gear effects/skins in the dressing room, but the gear that wasn't displaying for several characters was too random for it to simply be a fashion trend.

My guess is that this bug also had an impact on how stats were displayed as well.

That being said, I'd refrain from making accusations pertaining specifically to these discrepancies, given that there were definitely inconsistencies between what's shown vs what was actually supposed to be displayed.

Like .sad.soul. said, cheaters will be purged before final LBs are posted and rewards are mailed out, even if it takes what feels like an "eternium" to do so.
        The gear that’s not displayed is just ephemeral gears, to my knowledge. Those have never showed up on the leaderboards. The mage in my pic has all of his gear besides the ephemeral rings. Still wouldn’t explain the dps being 20-30% of what it needs to be to legitimately clear the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpaogao View Post

The gear that’s not displayed is just ephemeral gears, to my knowledge. Those have never showed up on the leaderboards. The mage in my pic has all of his gear besides the ephemeral rings. Still wouldn’t explain the dps being 20-30% of what it needs to be to legitimately clear the trial.
          That never occurred to me. I just checked a screenshot I took earlier and you're absolutely right.

I'm officially out of guesses.

Now, I'm definitely curious to see how the LBs pan out, and how the clearing of trials with lower than needed dps is explained.

Thanks for pointing that out. I took a year and a half long break from this game and picked it back up over the summer. The changes weren't hard to get used to, but I should've picked up on the "missing" gear thing during silver.

Comment

This could be pure coincidence but the lowest amount of total damage that I recorded as necessary for beating trial level 115 pre-v1.4.38 was 54.2B.

In the past that value the amount of total damage was more than adequate. Now? I stand amazed and wanna know how so I may beat trials like that.
            My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Comment

I guess some people didn't update the game..

Comment

Almost 20 players in top 1500 using an older client version. Easy to detect, easy to filter them out.
                Some of them did it by mistake, my mistake since I didn't set a version requirement on this ANB. Some of them did it with the intention to exploit it.

Comment

• Christian Lamine
                  Christian Lamine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Almost 20 players in top 1500 using an older client version. Easy to detect, easy to filter them out." - yet you guys planned on handing out exra time because of this issue. That's so hilarious that I lack the words to describe your logic.

Adrian, guess what? It's not only about communication. It's about HONEST communication. You guys better start off with that real soon, as your players feel that you're not taking their issues seriously.

Did those "almost 20 players" also in top 100 LB??
                ​​​​​
                Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
                Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
                XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
                Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
                CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                  Almost 20 players in top 1500 using an older client version. Easy to detect, easy to filter them out.
                  Some of them did it by mistake, my mistake since I didn't set a version requirement on this ANB. Some of them did it with the intention to exploit it.
                  I’m not sure if this is possible during season or not. But is there a way to ensure that this doesn’t repeat during the season LBs?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                    Can I take a stab in the dark and assume that heroes with a CL of 1900+ was likely using an older version of the software since that kind of CL would have been atop the leader board during Silver when the trials were easier and there was an additional three hours? Add to that the data that shows that Martin, whom is a master at leveling up, only managed CL 1350 for Gold.

I would have lowered my bar way lower than CL 1900+ want did not want to unfairly accuse players not using alternate rules.

Kungpaogao If they were using the old software versions for ANB then they are also using them for Season 2 as you use the same software for both. Adrian (Developer) You need to immedately force an update to v1.4.38 to all players as Season 2 is being corrupted as we speak. Further, there needs to be a trial progress reset to ALL heroes and not just some here and some there. Is it really fair that I get reset all the way back to TL 7 and someone else keeps their unlocks all the way up to TL 140 even if they can not play them without upgrading? I still have to waste my time playing useless trials that someone else does not.
                    My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Comment

Originally posted by prima pondaaga View Post
                      Did those "almost 20 players" also in top 100 LB?? ​​​​​
                      Only 4 in the top 500. 20 total in the top 1,500.

Comment

I guess my chances of making it into the top 250 are slim and none then since I ended at 285.....sad face

Comment

Working...
                        X