Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We stop info support of Eternium

Hi there.
    We are tired of the fact that the Eternium devs are extremely disrespectful to the players. The last straw of patience was an unfulfilled promise to add 2 game hours to the event timer.
    After this gold league 3 admins left our community. Several active and strong players left the game. Everyone is tired of many years bugs in game and sloppiness of devs.
    Our community completely stop any advertising and informational supporting of the game, as well as events, updates, etc.

With great respect to all players, Bart, the world's oldest active Eternium player.
    Last edited by Bart the warrior; 11-27-2019, 08:16 PM.
    Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (6000+ m.)
    Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play almost 4 years.
    Community activity stopped !!!

Priviet Daragoi!
    Just plain curiosity. How many people is in Russian community of eternium?
    In Poland on fb group we have 100+ players. Active (hard to say) my guess is 50 more less.
    Spasiba!

Comment

• Bart the warrior
      Bart the warrior commented
      Editing a comment
      We have more than 6,000 members in the community, but no more than 300 active players. Many simply don’t leave the group, even if they stopped playing.

Why do some people have to make a big speech and go on a hate-rant when they leave a game? Nobody wants to hear it. Here's a good quote for you: "Don't leave angry,.... just leave." I sincerely hope you find greener pastures elsewhere.
    JOJE YAGU MUQA 0638/(version 1.4.38)M-105 W-107 BH-102

Comment

• Bart the warrior
      Editing a comment
      And I'm not leaving the game. Gone are those who were some of the best players in my community. And the reason for their departure was the lies of the devs.

• .sad.soul.
      .sad.soul. commented
      Editing a comment
      Quit with the drama already Bart. People make mistakes, even Devs. It doesn't mean they're liars. It's a game, and it has bugs. But how cool is it to play a game that's evolving (mostly for the better) even as you're playing it? If you're not enjoying yourself move on. No need for threats or public temper tantrums. Find some peace brother, you'll live longer.

Bart the warrior has been around for a long time and we should be respectful to those who choose to leave. I wish you and your community all the best Bart the warrior, hopefully many will take a break and be back once the dust settles and the next updates and changes become more stable, and you know your curious about the multiplayer they have been promising...I plan on being around through all the good and bad that happens until that day comes...Happy Grinding wherever you choose to find it!

Comment

• Bart the warrior
      Editing a comment
      Hey. Devs promise us the introduction of a multiplayer mode for more than 3.5 years. And about 3 years ago, even a video was made with tests of this mode. Well, where is this mode in the game?

Originally posted by Ramdango View Post
    Bart the warrior has been around for a long time and we should be respectful to those who choose to leave.
    I don't care who "Bart" is, or how long he's been playing this GAME. It's just a game. If he wants to leave, leave. See ya, hate to be ya. But no, he's gotta go on about how badly he's been treated, and how unfair life is, and how he's not only going to stop advertising and tell everyone how bad the game is, but he's also leaving and taking all of his little friends with him. Whah-whah, I'm taking my ball and going home. That's a load of crap. I got no respect for that. None.

Comment

I hate to say this, but I'm with .sad.soul. on this one. I've complained about a lot of things in this game; yes, the promised +2 hours was annoying to say the least, this is the first ANB that instead of finishing in top-50/100, I didn't even manage to get the 2nd Celestial (used my last hours to farm XP, thinking I'll get 2 more hours to push and ended up running out of time at TL98, thanks, Travis | Support Mgr. ).
      Quite a few annoying bugs, some coming back on the new ANB after being resolved in a previous one, some not resolved for ages, but in the end of the day, this is still a free game that I play during my free time and depending on how much entertainment it provides for me, I respond with my wallet, when I see fit and for whatever amount I feel it deserves.
      I don't know if Bart expect the rest of the community to mourn for the departure of the other "admins" of his community, or for MF/DP to tremble upon hearing the news that he will stop advertising the game, but I have a gut feeling that neither of those things will happen.

I am borderline ok with a simple "Bye guys, the latest events disappointed me enough to stop playing the game, see ya!", but this kind of "our departure=your loss" combined with the threats is doing the opposite of what Bart expects in terms of respect. You don't demand respect, mate, nor are you automatically entitled to it because you play the game 1 more year than me; you have to earn it, just like with everything else in life.
      Best of luck with whatever else game you pick up to replace Eternium!
      I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

• .sad.soul.
        .sad.soul. commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said Chosen. Probably a bit more diplomatic than my version. What can I say, I shoot from the hip.

The truth behind the two hours situation is more people hated the idea and felt that it cheated other players so the devs had to change their minds

Comment

I want to add that information support for the game in our community ceases because the person who followed the forum and Discord and broadcast the news to the community left it.
        Many of you don't know how many players are actually offended by devs. Many top players got a ban for a game account for no reason. And I’m probably just a fool, if for 4 years I have not left the game and the community.
        Again everyone thinks I want to offend someone. And no one is able to understand that I want the game to develop for the better. I want players not to scatter. I want bugs to be fixed. I want the devs to hear from the players only gratitude.
        Eternium was originally a good and somewhat unique game. And only really talented people can bring the game to the point that good players massively run away from the game.
        Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (6000+ m.)
        Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play almost 4 years.
        Community activity stopped !!!

Comment

Perhaps we're just experiencing a language barrier, and if so please forgive me. It's just that this Bart:

"We are tired of the fact that the Eternium devs are extremely disrespectful to the players. The last straw of patience was an unfulfilled promise to add 2 game hours to the event timer.
          After this gold league 3 admins left our community. Several active and strong players left the game. Everyone is tired of many years bugs in game and sloppiness of devs.
          Our community completely stop any advertising and informational supporting of the game, as well as events, updates, etc."

sounds so very different from this Bart:

"Again everyone thinks I want to offend someone. And no one is able to understand that I want the game to develop for the better. I want players not to scatter. I want bugs to be fixed. I want the devs to hear from the players only gratitude."

One of these quotes sounds like it comes from a reasonable person who wants to help.
          The other one doesn't.

Do what you gotta do bro. Be who you wanna be, say what you wanna say. If you can own it, it's all good.

But if you really "want the game to develop for the better, want players not to scatter, want bugs to be fixed, want the devs to hear from the players only gratitude", you might want to re-think your current strategy of trashing everyone at Dream Primer, or doing things to purposely hurt the game, or encouraging others to leave the game. It's kind of counterproductive to your stated goals, don't you think?

Well, that's about enough of that. Outtahere.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
          Last edited by .sad.soul.; 11-28-2019, 12:45 AM. Reason: Changed MakingFun, to Dream Primer.

Comment

• Christian Lamine
            Christian Lamine commented
            Editing a comment
            "...current strategy of trashing everyone at MakingFun*" - *Dream Primer. I guess Travis would prefer that.
            Last edited by Christian Lamine; 11-27-2019, 10:46 PM.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Editing a comment
            Christian, I remind people of that to clarify that I am only around to help people, not make changes to the game itself.

• .sad.soul.
            .sad.soul. commented
            Editing a comment
            My apologies Travis, Dream Primer it is. I was trying to make a quick point, call it a misprint. Oops. Just made the edit.
            Last edited by .sad.soul.; 11-28-2019, 12:46 AM.

Originally posted by .sad.soul. View Post

I don't care who "Bart" is, or how long he's been playing this GAME. It's just a game. If he wants to leave, leave. See ya, hate to be ya. But no, he's gotta go on about how badly he's been treated, and how unfair life is, and how he's not only going to stop advertising and tell everyone how bad the game is, but he's also leaving and taking all of his little friends with him. Whah-whah, I'm taking my ball and going home. That's a load of crap. I got no respect for that. None.
          Amen! There are places where a "goodbye cruel world" is grounds for banishment. I don't care who Bart is either. Bye. Don't let the door hitcha where the sun don't shine.

The idea of a multi-player game has been around and I once suggested that whoever wanted that to spec it out. Personally, I think THAT would be a lot more work that the whiners want to go to. It seems, as a programmer of long-standing, to be terrifically difficult to do technically.
          FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

• Metazorl
            Metazorl commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been around too for a while and forgot my other account so I had to start over from scratch after some years spent in service and now had some free time to spare. Yeah PvP is not going to be an easy coding. It is complex even with the other ARPGS that from the start is fully online and with interaction with other players in-game.

I think there is still some misunderstanding in this topic regarding Bart's statements. Let me please clarify some points.
          Imagine, you're trying to win the ANB3 gold event, you see that it's impossible without spending large amounts of gems, you start donating. You're building your char, preparing for the final push. Then in the local community, you get the message from the administration: "don't push, wait for two additional hours". You stop the game and wait. Nothing happens. The event is finished. You lose. Efforts and money wasted. Then the silence from the tech support follows. No single word of apology.

Bart's statement is addressed to devs and to the support team. For other people, this is just a warning: "Nobody here cares about their words spoken". For Bart's community this is not acceptable, so people quit (that was not far the first such case).

So the idea of Bart's initial message is:
          - for the devs - we can't (and don't want) to withstand this attitude any longer,
          - for other people - you've been warned, think twice before investing.

I quit too, so GL to all of you in the endless spaces of this beautiful Eternium game.
          Last edited by dmatveev; 11-29-2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

And I don't think there's ANY misunderstanding at all at this point, dmatveev. ('Hit The Road Jack' begins playing quietly in the background.)
            For those of you following along, yep, I thought I was done too.

Quote: "Bart's statement is addressed to devs and to the support team. For other people, this is just a warning: "Nobody here cares about their words spoken". For Bart's community this is not acceptable, so people quit (that was not far the first such case).

So the idea of Bart's initial message is:
            - for the devs - we can't (and don't want) to withstand this attitude any longer,
            - for other people - you've been warned, think twice before investing.

I quit too, so GL to all of you in the endless spaces of this beautiful Eternium game." End quote.

So, that's what you just wrote, right? Ya, there's no misunderstanding that, or "Bart's Statements" either. Thank you VERY MUCH for BOTH of your warnings. Yes, you AND your warnings are very much appreciated indeed. (Dripping with sarcasm.) Here's your story so far: You, and apparently your entire community, made a decision that cost you, and you're pissed off about it and looking for someone to blame. I've been there, we all have. But, it also seems clear that you want to make sure EVERYBODY knows how personally injured, how devastatingly life altering this event was for you and/or your friends. Then, you want to tell everyone you're leaving and encourage other players to leave as well. That's where we differ, when I don't like a game I just stop playing it. Listen, I had the same info you did. I decided to play the clock in front me and not count on anything else until I saw it on the game. Sorry you made the wrong call, but s*** happens man. You want a hug? Here, have two, and one for the road. Y'all keep saying you're gonna quit, and here you are still trying to argue a point that shouldn't matter to you now. You're leaving, right?

So,.....goodbye already. Again. ('Hit The Road Jack' playing not so quietly in the background.)
            Last edited by .sad.soul.; 11-29-2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

You can't punish the devs for taking the right decision lol. You could see that the message to add two hours wasn't set in stone.
              bye man.

Comment

A lot of players have seen the announcement of two additional hours and have been screwed. It MUST have been announced that there will not be additional 2 h, but it wasn't. The only response was Adrian admitting it was his fault. That is something but not enough. This is definitely the bad side of DP.

I would have been screwed if there would have been the +2h cause when I saw that announcement I had already switched to push gear. But now I cannot enjoy the reward of having reached my goal in ANB because probably at least one of the misguided players would have surpassed me, which would have meant I just didn't make it.

The complaints are justified. But all these attacks towards Bart are completely unfair! He doesn't even quit the game. All he did is tell what consequences came from the devs behaviour, and he was by far not alone in doing so! Many others have posted more aggressively.

For me these attacks are what should not be seen in the forum, and I post as one who desperately hoped the +2h would NOT be given.

Just imagine YOU would have fully planned on the officially announced +2h!!!

We should better all remember that not all promises will be kept, as this obviously was not the first time it happened...

And get back to enjoying this game we are so addicted to, which is one of the good sides of the devs.

Comment

• .sad.soul.
                  .sad.soul. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Entertaining perspective. Apparently we must have different definitions of the word "unfair". Bart did do just what you said, he posted what he said were the consequences of the issue at hand. Dramatically and emphatically. He gave his speech, then said how his community would no longer be supporting Eternium. I took exception this, and to his comments about staff, and his general negativity about the game. I posted a reply, and here we are. So, I think it's completely fair that Bart, and whoever supports his comments, hears what the rest of the world has to say about what he said. Bottom line, I'm just tired of people posting their whining and crying, acting like it's the end of the world because something didn't go their way, then spend their time finding blame instead of trying to help find a solution to the problem. It's....a....game, not real life. Just get over it. Shhhhhh, I could be wrong, but I think we're supposed to be having fun.

If someone decides to publicly and aggressively voice their negative opinion, such as the very first post in this thread, it kinda opens the door for some serious criticism. Of course, that's my opinion, also open to criticism. That's how free speech works. But I gotta say, someone's got some real thin skin if they can't take what they dish out, or deal with the responses from what they started. It's kinda sad really.

But, thank you all the same, you have provided me with some wonderful entertainment over the last few days.

So, in the spirit of the upcoming holidays, I wish you all a very merry Christmas, and the happiest of New Years! That includes you Bart, and your whole community.

Comment

Working...
                X