Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you expectations on crafting cost in trials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you expectations on crafting cost in trials?

So with the new crafting setup for level 77 max with the improved Master Crafter perk, I'm curious for a basic poll of players on their expectations.

With max crafting perks, in running Trial 90, it has been taking me ten completions to gather enough materials to craft a single piece of Legendary set Armor. The ten runs of Trial 90 provides excess MoTs, ard roughly the right amount of essences in various formats. Essentially this means one 30 minute booster, 30 minutes of game time and cranking TL90 in 3 minutes is enough to make one piece at item level 71.

For me, that means it's roughly an hour to hour and half of real time to complete the farming to gather the materials.

Luckily in attempting to craft level 77 gear we will hopefully get several usable level 75 or 74 items etc along the way.

All said, what are your thoughts as a player, is ten completions of TL90 about right to craft a single legendary set piece?

Does it feel too high, too low when that then becomes somewhere between 250-500 completions to bang out a a single level 77 piece of gear? Roughly 12 to 25 hours of in game battle time.

Too high. My reasons:

1) RNG - on average it would take 12-25 hrs of game time for a 77, but a little bad luck and it could take much more. For example, shortly after the increase to lvl 77 max I used about the materials I had spent the past month farming to craft. Nothing better than lvl 75.

2) All this assumes you can run TL 90 in 3 minutes. Since the difficulty increase only the top tier can do that, so for players trying to work their way up it will take MUCH longer.

3) and for newer players trying to work their way up who can only complete lower trials, are MoTs even available?

4) I'm a little more than a casual player, I play maybe 1/2 -1 hour/day outside events. Using your numbers that means I get 1 lvl 77 gear per month on avg. That seems low considering how much time was spent getting my character to the point he could farm this efficiently. And the devs have suggested that ANBs will no longer be a source of materials (since crafting mught be going ethereal). So that slows things down even further.

Comment

I know your question is about the materials, but I think part of the issue is also about gold. It costs a lot of both mats and gold for a chance at a >75 piece of gear. Since you have to farm trials for mats and story mode for gold it’s actually double the amount of farming. For newer players, they have to first craft gold stat gear before they can even think about crafting high quality set items for trial pushing. That means that they’re gonna be stuck trying to farm for materials at lower trials which don’t drop legendary set items. As a more experienced player, I still spend 99% of my playing time just mindlessly farming, crafting, watching ads, and doing boring daily quests. It sucks the joy right out of the game, IMO.

Comment

Personally, it’s worthwhile to craft 77 weapons. But for armor, anything at or above 75 is good enough. Takes some time to grind the mats but well worth it for the extra weapon damage.

Comment

• lmcelhiney
          lmcelhiney commented
          Editing a comment
          I have over 100K of Silver Ore, if anyone needs some. Oh, that can't be transferred? Nevermind... :-)

Let me suggest a different strategy:

Alternate between half an hour of trial farming on Trial 80 and half an hour of 100% or 200% boosted gold runs on DC.

If you're able to do TL80 in about 1:00-1:10, you should be able to get around 550-600 GEs in 30 mins of play. If your gold gear gives you around 930% extra gold with no boosters on, and if you're able to do 22-25 sec DC runs with a Mage, then it should give you about 4m gold per 100% booster and about 6m per 200% booster, plus 250-300 GEs. So combining both and assuming a 100% booster, you will get about 850 GE's and around 4.2m gold. Around 250-260 of these will be Water GEs but you will still get usable GE's for at least 4 crafts, and you will probably have some gold to spare after those 4 crafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Asad Butt View Post
          Let me suggest a different strategy:

Alternate between half an hour of trial farming on Trial 80 and half an hour of 100% or 200% boosted gold runs on DC.

If you're able to do TL80 in about 1:00-1:10, you should be able to get around 550-600 GEs in 30 mins of play. If your gold gear gives you around 930% extra gold with no boosters on, and if you're able to do 22-25 sec DC runs with a Mage, then it should give you about 4m gold per 100% booster and about 6m per 200% booster, plus 250-300 GEs. So combining both and assuming a 100% booster, you will get about 850 GE's and around 4.2m gold. Around 250-260 of these will be Water GEs but you will still get usable GE's for at least 4 crafts, and you will probably have some gold to spare after those 4 crafts.
          Nice option on farming, gonna tried after completed EG gear to my mage, so far just farming material using BH (needed for farming cured leather to craft enchanted leather).
          Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
          Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
          XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
          Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
          CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

Understand what you're suggesting and use to worry about optimizing that way, not anymore. I think I rather have a tooth extracted than grind 70 25 second gold runs repetitively tapping like a robot. Like BAgate I'm casual, squeezing in maybe an hour a day (after quiting for three months and may drop back out). Like BAgate, if I need to casually play stalled for months to create new gear, I probably won't.

Trials are similar, I actually prefer a slightly less efficient 4 minute run time as I need to engage a little more instead of just robotically clearing.

There are many ways to optimize gear before final push, but eventually you get where all thats left is upgrading gear to squeeze those last levels or farm CLs til your fingers fall off.

I don't blame you for doing it, it is efficient, just for me, that isn't a game that is fun. And IMHO, a sign of a deficiency in game mechanics. It reminds me of the South Park episode on WoW.
            Last edited by NoSuchReality; 12-04-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Sure. I was just responding to your question about expectations of crafting cost. You like what you like and play how you want to play of course.

Comment

Working...
              X