DoT in Story Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoT in Story Mode?

When did that happen? I'm playing Scartree Hold Legendary and it is conspicuous. Finish killing one mob with elites using my kind of weak gold grubber and my health keeps going down for 5 seconds. Kind of cool, really. I'm all for tougher Story mode including a new level, maybe Celestial?
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

The Story Mode difficulty was increased when they dropped the update in the final hours of Season 1.
    My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

Check your char for the flame effect, most common from the minotaurs in the second half of Act 4, some of the bear mobs also drops flaming stuff...

Been there ever since Act 4 was added...
      Eternium Files - links and details (13 Dec 2019 - Changed links to file, please update if you have them book-marked)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
        Check your char for the flame effect, most common from the minotaurs in the second half of Act 4, some of the bear mobs also drops flaming stuff...

Been there ever since Act 4 was added...
        I never noticed before and I never heard anyone mention it. Probably more noticeable in Legendary.
        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Before the story level difficulty change the effect was hardly worth mentioning because it barely dinged a mature hero and new players/heroes just figured it was a normal part of the game. When the change occurred? The noticeable damage after everything was killed was noticeable on my strongest heroes.

Plus, I do not know about you but I ignored the story levels more often than not until they started the new quest system that forces you to play all four acts everyday if you want to collect the dailies daily.

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

I never noticed before and I never heard anyone mention it. Probably more noticeable in Legendary.
        Yeah, like a lot players, I only went to story mode for gold... now, in legendary with the daily 20 gem quests, I'm there all the time. It's kinda fun trying to get my deliberately weakened (green/blue gold-grubbing mage thru w/o dying). You could create an entire study of proper gold-grubbing. My grubber gets 863% unboosted extra gold. When I can afford more crafting, I'll get that higher. Much more fun and interesting than before.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 10.31.45 AM.png
Views:	84
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	159161
        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

Nice collection of gold mining gear, even if they aren't all legendary. Still gets it done with 863% EG.
          Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
          (CL 2000+)
          Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
          Magenta - mage (ELR)
          Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
          Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
          Rageon - Warrior (Defender)

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
            Nice collection of gold mining gear, even if they aren't all legendary. Still gets it done with 863% EG.
            That's kind of the point. Quests (and gold) is mostly just story mode and you don't NEED anything fancy - my term is Blue/Green Gold Grubber. Save your gold and crafting luck for the TL Climber*

My EXP of which I am kind of proud is legendaries but I would not waste a Celestial on her, 867 unboosted and gets to TL103 pretty easily. Everything's got EXP just like the Gold Grubber is all gold.

*The reason I started this thread was that the TL Climber is peaked at 114. I pushed hard to get to 115 and just was not knocking down mobs like I should. Wound up trying to kill Kara with maybe 2+ minutes to go! No way! I have a ridiculously overpowered BH and CL2000+. I can't get beyond 114?! WTF? So, combining gaming with video player, I decided on PC. I don't think there are that many Mac players. It could be b/c I am seriously inept but not that much.

Name:	Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 4.47.57 PM.png
Views:	69
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	159187

FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

Terry, remember, we used to be able to beat T90 with only 5-6 billion in damage. Now same level takes 30-35 billion in damage. I have similar issues with my main account Stalker BH. Had previously beat T110 in about 5 min, now struggling to get past T90 in same time with better gear. This is my main BH for now.

Name:	Screenshot_20200113-144310_Eternium.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	159195
              Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
              (CL 2000+)
              Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
              Magenta - mage (ELR)
              Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
              Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
              Rageon - Warrior (Defender)

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
                Terry, remember, we used to be able to beat T90 with only 5-6 billion in damage. Now same level takes 30-35 billion in damage. I have similar issues with my main account Stalker BH. Had previously beat T110 in about 5 min, now struggling to get past T90 in same time with better gear. This is my main BH for now.

Name:	Screenshot_20200113-144310_Eternium.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	159195
                Yeah, although I never paid that much attention to the amount of damage to reach a TL but I KNOW it got a lot harder with ANB 3 Gold or 1.4.48 I guess. I would guess it's 15 TL's lower now? You're seeing 20 levels! Wow! I know my feelings after ANB 3 was totally beat down and it was not a place I care to go to when gaming lemme tell you. I play for fun not for punishment.

This is one of the main reasons I'm gonna chill on the next ANB unless MF/DP loosens up on putting out celestials or makes it easier some way. I had one ANB 3 Gold toon that I purposely did not spend on and would up at TL56 IIRC. That is effing ridiculous! You can't tighten everything and expect players will pony up the cash to play. Not me, anyway.
                FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Yeah, although I never paid that much attention to the amount of damage to reach a TL but I KNOW it got a lot harder with ANB 3 Gold or 1.4.48 I guess. I would guess it's 15 TL's lower now? You're seeing 20 levels! Wow! I know my feelings after ANB 3 was totally beat down and it was not a place I care to go to when gaming lemme tell you. I play for fun not for punishment.

This is one of the main reasons I'm gonna chill on the next ANB unless MF/DP loosens up on putting out celestials or makes it easier some way. I had one ANB 3 Gold toon that I purposely did not spend on and would up at TL56 IIRC. That is effing ridiculous! You can't tighten everything and expect players will pony up the cash to play. Not me, anyway.
                  Those that started playing or even just started pushing after v1.4.38 was introduced will never know that there was a difference. They will also just be amazed at the number of Celestials that some players have and wonder what it will take for them to manage to get one level 77 Celestial, let alone multiple.
                  My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

Working...
                  X