Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot progress to Trial 50

Hello.

As the title indicates, completing Trial 49 does not unlock Trial 50. I can not progress.
    I checked Google Play for an update before posting, there is not one as of 13-JAN-2020.
    ------------
    Version: 1.4.38 on Android, host OS is Lollipop (v5.0.x)
    Device: Asus Zenpad 8 (Intel 64-bit quad-core w/ 2G RAM )
    Character: all 3
    Map: Trial level 50
    Gear: not relevant
    Abilities: not relevant
    Reproducible: 5/5 - cannot progress past bug, so 100%.

Current Situation (bug):

An auto email came to me ~4 days ago, about a chest of loot for completing Trial 50. I clicked it, and it says something like "defeat trial challenge first" in a pop-up. I was only on like Trial 28 or so at the time, and played Trials only for a few days, til I hit this bug @ 49th.

I cannot move forward. I have cleared Trial 49 and killed Garm multiple times. 100 or so times! ( OK maybe only 10 or so times ) After taking the completed town portal back, and going to the town gates, the Trials menu pops up, and, Trial 50 is still dimmed and is not selectable. I'm essentially stuck and cannot progress. I did do a quick search of the forum and didn't find anything like this, but that doesn't mean it's not there, only that my skills in searching aren't that good. If this is known and there's an easy fix, please point me to it and I do apologize.

Expected situation (working): That when I return to the Trials menu after completing any given trial, the next sequential one will be unlocked and playable.

Thanks!

Though I appreciate the bug reporting format, what you're seeing is not a bug. You need to complete the Trial within 10 minutes in order to advance to the next Trial. I'm guessing that you're just taking too long to kill Garm.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Juggernaut View Post
      Hello.

As the title indicates, completing Trial 49 does not unlock Trial 50. I can not progress.
      I checked Google Play for an update before posting, there is not one as of 13-JAN-2020.
      ------------
      Version: 1.4.38 on Android, host OS is Lollipop (v5.0.x)
      Device: Asus Zenpad 8 (Intel 64-bit quad-core w/ 2G RAM )
      Character: all 3
      Map: Trial level 50
      Gear: not relevant
      Abilities: not relevant
      Reproducible: 5/5 - cannot progress past bug, so 100%.

Current Situation (bug):

An auto email came to me ~4 days ago, about a chest of loot for completing Trial 50. I clicked it, and it says something like "defeat trial challenge first" in a pop-up. I was only on like Trial 28 or so at the time, and played Trials only for a few days, til I hit this bug @ 49th.

I cannot move forward. I have cleared Trial 49 and killed Garm multiple times. 100 or so times! ( OK maybe only 10 or so times ) After taking the completed town portal back, and going to the town gates, the Trials menu pops up, and, Trial 50 is still dimmed and is not selectable. I'm essentially stuck and cannot progress. I did do a quick search of the forum and didn't find anything like this, but that doesn't mean it's not there, only that my skills in searching aren't that good. If this is known and there's an easy fix, please point me to it and I do apologize.

Expected situation (working): That when I return to the Trials menu after completing any given trial, the next sequential one will be unlocked and playable.

Thanks!
      Yeah, if you see "timer expired" down on the bottom of your screen above the green progress bar, it is as Travis suggested.
      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Here are two screenshots. Both screenshots have the timer circled in red. The timer is partially obscured by the quest guidance text.

The first shows a completion time of less than 10 minutes that unlocks at least one additional trial level:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Time Left - Unlocks.png
Views:	113
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	159254

The second shows a completion time of more than 10 minutes and shows "Timer Expired" and does not unlock any new trials:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Time Expired - No Unlocks.png
Views:	108
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	159255

Hope that helps.
        My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

Thanks Travis! Thanks Terry. Ahh jeezus this is why people play on tablets and PCs I guess. Never would have noticed that bar down there, it's ~3 pixels tall on a 4.5" phone screen. The countdown timer is too small to read, must be the equivalent of 2.5pt type! Even considered a popup at the beginning? Or just change a bit of that line: ?Defeat enemies fast! 10:00 to advance! GO!

And yep it REALLY takes me longer than 10, maybe 20m, even the generic 49th lvl 5-man mob can wipe me if I stand still and try to toe-to-toe :-) I should probably upgrade my crap and stop struggling, but when you're on the subway playing on the way home from work and stuff, you don't feel like sitting there rolling 50 freakin rings or necklaces to get good stats, gemming up, rolling, oh look my stop! So I'm using stuff way below 71st/72nd level, some of it is < 50th even.

Thanks for clarifying TinMan, the screenshots made it so easy to go back and compare, aww damn there IS a tiny bar down there! Above and beyond and greatly appreciated.

I sense a massive equipment upgrade in my near future...

Comment

Also, the bar changes color, progressively, as the timer counts down. You can see in the screenshots that the right edge of the bar is clearly green on the right side when there is time left and starts getting more of a brown from the left edge as time runs down. Also, the bar is all black when you start and the bar fills as time counts down. When the bar is more brown? The time left relative to kill what you need to in order to successfully finish is missing the mark. When the leading edge of the moving bar is green? The app thinks you have enough time left to successfully finish. The apps opinion and real life can vary.

You never mentioned what hero class you are running nor what type of gear you have though I am guessing a warrior with Juggernaut gear.

Depending on what problem you are seeing, meaning being killed too easily or taking too long to kill something, the path to improving can be very specific and not just scattershot, pun intended.

That you are taking longer than 10 minutes and not complaining about being killed too much, I am guessing your issue is that you are not killing fast enough. That most bang for the buck is typically more damage on your weapons for everyone but a shield warrior. A shield warrior actually gets a lot of damage from shield Armor and Block Rating when using Deadly Throw and Shield Block.

Take a look at the various threads for improving the various types of characters to see what areas can help you fastest. Set gear is pretty much a must have.

Don't be shy about asking for help or advice. Attaching screenshots usually helps.

Abilities can get extra, and incredibly more powerful, features when they hit level 7 and also at level 10. Increasing an abilities level can sometimes be the best first step. As you progress? An ability that worked fine early on might need to be swapped out at higher levels.

Other times? You can just have to change how you play. Back in the day I advanced fine but hit a hard wall around trial level 80 or so, which at the time was Elban. I was literally stuck for weeks. The major malfunction? Up until that point I insisted on going toe-to-toe with Elban and beefed up on Vitality and Life on Hit in order to absorb all his damage and beat him. I just could no loner absorb enough. The fix? Once I started to actually avoid his major attacks I started beating another 30 trials.

I have never claimed being anything but being sucky at this game or pig-headed.

Good luck and have fun!
            Last edited by Tin Man; 01-14-2020, 03:15 PM.
            My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

Working...
            X