What can be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can be done?

Recently I noticed that whatever I do on my tablet I can't beat pc players. That's simply not possible. But still we are on same rankings table.
    ANB events are tuned for Windows users now. I see no chance to complete trials past 85 on a tablet on time.
    As a solution I would offer to nerf spamable skills like blink.
    Any other ideas?
    Last edited by zen ka; 04-27-2020, 06:39 AM.

Welcome to the world of different devices.

With the same exact hero?

My Android does less damage than my old iOS which does less damage than my computer.

You can not beat Trial Level 85 on your tablet? I suspect that having trouble with a tablet on Trial Level 85 implies that you either have a rather poor-performing tablet or something else is going on. Tablets, in general, should not have a problem with Trial Level 100+.

That said? I believe that the current thought is that touchscreens are the domain of Regalia, whether a mobile or tablet or computer, while keyboards are the domain of Arcanist.

I have not done with a mage in some time but that is my personal impression in the past and general impression from the Forum.

Comment

• lmcelhiney
      lmcelhiney commented
      Editing a comment
      Exclusively BH on iOS. I have absolutely no trouble getting to Lvl 20 each ANB! (Eighty-five?!? :-)

Oh, I forget to clarify some important things. The computer I use is business class so is nothing extraordinary and current iPhones bury it for damage performance. Also, I use my computer pretty much exclusively touchscreen as I am more comfortable with that.

The takeaways? Not all computers are superior to mobile and the issue of touchscreen vs. keyboard/mouse is as much or more of an issue for disparities for various configurations, like Arcanist. The best device that you are most comfortable with is the best thing you can do for your game. I tend to play most often on my worst performing device because that is the one that I enjoy the experience with the most.

Anytime I see anyone hit a hard wall and there is no way to advance and that wall is below TL 100? I am reminded of when I first started playing and hit a hard wall at TL 80 and nothing that I did, including adding hundreds of CLs, would let me beat Elban at the time. Well, how I was playing ended up being the issue and not what I was playing with. While how I was playing was fun and I thought it was the way to do things? My playstyle was holding me back. I was blissfully unaware of coordinating some abilities and was doing along with not doing all sorts of stupid things.

When somebody says that they have hit a wall? One of the first things I suggest that they watch a video of player that is successful at what they are trying to accomplish. That is how I learned the error of so many of my ways.

Comment

• Montresor
      Montresor commented
      Editing a comment
      i've always been and still am curious how much difference 120 fps makes vs 60. 60 fps on my middling pc certainly beats 30 fps on my old ipad mini.

the hard part for arcanist with gestures is the precision and timing that are required. you need to be able to bounce in and out of grouped up mobs and you have to be able to fire off your abilities literally exactly immediately when the cool down ends. getting your shards of frozen time as quickly as possible is really important and it's much easier to spam those skills with a keyboard

Its definitely possible to get top100 and even top10 on mobile devices. Ask for advice on your class and build and I'm sure someone will guide you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Romme; 04-23-2020, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I plau this game on tablet only since january only the first anb bronze 4 i did i get to trial 99 witj 3 hour left to play so yes its easyly doable over 100

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        The invasion of the canine avatars continues! Notice how you do not see feline avatars?

Cute kid.

I agree that the problem for you may be that you’re trying to play Arcanist mage on a touchscreen device. I can only compete with Regalia on my iPhone. Arcanist absolutely sucks on mobile. I, too wish there was a way to separate keyboard and touchscreen on the leaderboard, but there’s not.

Comment

While its a bit true that arcanist sucks on phone compared to pc i am currently at t120 .. playing phone only. So its doable, just takes a little practice.

Comment

• mahara
          mahara commented
          Editing a comment
          The biggest issue i see with arcanist on mobile is blink (on PC it can screw your run too but not as much). But as you said, if you practice it's doable
          Edit: as this whole ANB season is experimental for me i was playing with the thought that i'd play my arcanist on mobile only. Will have to think about it

• Montresor
          Montresor commented
          Editing a comment
          that's impressive. if i try swiping that rapidly for arcanist my arm starts to hurt lol. either way, nice job.

mahara no kidding. even on pc there's an art to getting blink to not kill you but still getting your singularities firing in the right direction. bronze ANB was the first time i really played arcanist, and i loved it, but blinking into a group of mobs at just the wrong time definitely led to my demise more than once.

so I can add my own experience in here, I play solely on mobile. Now on my previous S8, I was probably 3-5 TL's below where I am now on an S20 with 120hz refresh on.

Getting top 100 is very doable on mobile and top 50 is as well. Some of the absolute dab hands can probably break the top 10-25. That will be down to having a superior balance off attributes, CL and playing style. Its also worth noting that you often need to change your attributes for certain bosses. That is where the laborious task of making multiple decent jewelry comes into play.

Having never played on PC, I can not say how much easier it is. What I can say is, you must get far less numb fingers and RSI.

Finally another way to almost guarantee reaching well beyond TL100 is spending gems. Over bronze and silver I have spent 30k and plan to spend 20k on gold. This will allow me to craft decent equipment and multiple versions. Of course, this is a mute point if you don't have the gems......obvs.

Comment

• RockDoc
          RockDoc commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know about less numb fingers and RSI(?). I was getting cramps in my fingers on left hand trying to keep my abilities going on PC. Half the time I was hitting the wrong keys, and my right index finger could only maintain 1 or 2 taps per second on mouse button.

• mahara
          mahara commented
          Editing a comment
          RockDoc yeah same here, i blame the global cooldown thingy, you have to press the keys over and over to cast an ability. The worst for me is probably playing ELR mage as i always try to cast blizzard followed by immolate on the same group of mobs which ofcourse won't happen. They should rather introduce minimum cooldown on skills rather than this atrocity

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I am thankful it is not just me that is feeling the pain. Doesn't help having 3 broken wrists over the years either. Might start licking then screen instead.
      Working...
      X