Cooldown reduction from attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooldown reduction from attacks

Cooldown reduction from attacks has been reduced to 1 second, down from 2.

So what do you guys think about this one?

I do understand that with the addition of new legendary power and gear they had to nerf some other things but this one hurts so much.

Even adding some AR does not help much. I do feel like my SW warrior is 1000 CL below now.

I think there's a reason there was only one new piece of gear made available to us with this release..the charm of qol. And I also think that's their way of rectifying the horribly decision to Nerf alacrity like that lol
    Because the trinket really does help.
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    CL 1000000000
    Elenora-Stalker BH-Trial 100
    Skyla-Warrior-DW-Trial 109 Rank#(?)
    (Previously Rank#420 Global LB)

Starla-Frost Mage-Trial 103
    Meatsak-809%Exp.War.Shield.-Trial 102

Disposabull-BH.As\St-The Farmer- Trial 91
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker..

Comment

Seems like the chance for alacrity got nerfed too. Doesn’t seem like it’s 30% anymore.

Other unstated nerfs: Singularity not proccing on damage events like LoH and stormblade. Stormblade was a broken mechanic previously but not getting LoH makes arc mages really fragile even with the 90% damage reduction with shards of frozen time.
      Last edited by Kungpaogao; 06-29-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyla View Post
        I think there's a reason there was only one new piece of gear made available to us with this release..the charm of qol. And I also think that's their way of rectifying the horribly decision to Nerf alacrity like that lol
        Because the trinket really does help.
        the trinket does help, but not much, at least for arcanist. also the other pieces have all been available as drops in trials and some gem chests, and even those don't make up for the alacrity destruction of arcanist.

Comment

Not sure if anyone else is getting the same feeling, however I feel that everything that was before has been dropped a level.

Comment

• lmcelhiney
            lmcelhiney commented
            Editing a comment
            So COVID19 --> -1 level :-)

• RAFERS102
            RAFERS102 commented
            Editing a comment
            COVID-19 has definitely dropped us a level or two.

Originally posted by Montresor View Post

the trinket does help, but not much, at least for arcanist. also the other pieces have all been available as drops in trials and some gem chests, and even those don't make up for the alacrity destruction of arcanist.
          I agree with this. With both versatile belt and QoL, alacrity seems to proc at a super low rate. I’d have to do TG testing to get true hits per second.

Comment

Originally posted by Montresor View Post
            also the other pieces have all been available as drops in trials and some gem chests,..
            Only one was made available to Craft. I have about thirty pieces of the new stuff, I'm aware they drop in trials
            QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
            CL 1000000000
            Elenora-Stalker BH-Trial 100
            Skyla-Warrior-DW-Trial 109 Rank#(?)
            (Previously Rank#420 Global LB)

Starla-Frost Mage-Trial 103
            Meatsak-809%Exp.War.Shield.-Trial 102

Disposabull-BH.As\St-The Farmer- Trial 91
            Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker..

Comment

QoL is so laughable it's not even funny. How can anyone think that another extra 50 basic attacks per minute will help with anything? thats at best what? 20 sec reduction on cooldowns in minute under the best circumstances? better grab another trinket and live with the nerfed cooldowns
              Last edited by mahara; 06-29-2020, 07:31 PM. Reason: replaced reduced cooldowns with nerfed cooldowns (still thinking about reduced alacrity) sry

Comment

• Asad Butt
                Asad Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                For a mage, if you have arc lightning as your secondary attack, it means you don't have to alternate between your primary and secondary attacks to get bonuses associated with al. Especially good for mob players.

• mahara
                mahara commented
                Editing a comment
                I dont and even with the ala nerf i probably never will. Still too used to it for mob phase. Even though QoL does look good on paper but if you look a bit closer it's not so hot anymore. I stil stand by my previous statement. It's laughable addition to mages arsenal. Could be good for warrior or BH but i highly doubt that.

Okay, I've been reading about this, but I just don't understand what they mean.

"Cooldown reduction from attacks has been reduced to 1 second, down from 2."

Can anybody explain this in easy language please? What are the consequences of this?

Comment

• Montresor
                Montresor commented
                Editing a comment
                Short story- all the cooldowns on your abilities take longer now.

Longer story: there's a mechanic behind the scenes called alacrity. Every x attacks, it knocks time off your cooldowns. You see it when your cooldown timer suddenly goes turbo. Well it used to knock off 2 seconds every time; now it knocks off 1. While that doesn't sound like a lot, it is a huge difference at higher levels of play.

• Turgeon
                Turgeon commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah and more. Over i think u need more x attack to pop up alacrity so downto1 sec from 2 and happen less often if im not mistaken

• Skyla
                Skyla commented
                Editing a comment
                Trigger it yourself by constantly switching between your primary and secondary attacks. Alacrity is one of the least properly used functions of this game. Everyone thinks stacking 65% AR is the way to go but it's not. You only need about 45 to 50 and proper knowledge of how it works. Js

Hey,

Thx for replying. Now it's clear.

I immediately checked my arcanist-build, which relies heavily on AR, and he's completely screwed now!!!

I used to be able to cast 10 abilities on 8/9 seconds so I had the 6-piece boost all the time. Now I'm far from it..

I also have a whirlwind-focussed Juggernaut build. With the lower damage WW does now, that build too is screwed!

Why do they keep screwing us?? It's not the first time that their changes screw up everything!!

Comment

• Skyla
                Skyla commented
                Editing a comment
                From a dev point of view, anything that was "perma-" was unbalanced and needed fixed.
                Sounds like it was a fix long time coming imo. Not downplaying the suck they threw is in, just helping us understand it. Just like the bug from Warlord charge and battle rage. It was a fix that was long time coming, we just didn't want to accept it lol

Is Shield Block an attack ability? The new cool down make it difficult to maintain Shield Block -_-

Comment

Working...
              X