Garm at trial 134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garm at trial 134

Wtf is up with that dragon?! Even with 3k LoH and around 1.5 mil toughness he still shreds me to pieces. Every other boss ain't that hard to survive, but this drake, pfff. Nasty mofo

Anyone else having trouble with him?

As a ERL mage btw
    Last edited by Crk; 07-28-2020, 09:58 PM.

Are the circular zones working the way they should? I heard the blue zone wasnt working as of late, but I havent played garm in a few months now.

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Just cleared 129 and there were no problem with the circle but im playing warrior

Yes. The auras aren’t functioning properly. For mage, frostbeam stops the healing effect. Timing and placement are also off.

Comment

• Skyla
      Skyla commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that why on occasion there'll be two sets at the same time for a good full second or two at least? And they'll spawn under his butt sometimes?

I was playing on my ELR mage the other day on 1.5.7 and have multiple sets of the circles up that didn't seem to be working. I have resorted to just skipping him.

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Not ez to skip him at 134

• Skyla
      Skyla commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha guess I should've read further before asking the question to this answer ;D

• Allunra
      Allunra commented
      Editing a comment
      I get you. Stuck there myself ?.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_232607_edited.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	177464
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Yeah I don't beam while in the aura, but it's his auto attacks that devour me, very strange.

Comment

• Anjaeka
        Anjaeka commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually try to either jump in the healing or damage aura for a second while he’s up in the air. Life would be so much easier in Eternium if they would just fix the damn dragon.

Same thing.
      It usually goes like this:
      1) I first get killed as soon as the auras don't work.
      2) Then I get killed 5 times in a row from the basic attack before the auras appear.

Other than that they should probably better callibrate his basic attack. . . what's the stat for this?

I seem to have gone from 124 to 129 by overhauling defense.
      Attempts at solving this through (reasonable) increases regen/LoH only have not succeeded in the past. . .
      Samsung Galaxy Note 9
      BaiYude : 123 Arcanist
      Necrophase : 133 Havoc
      HuJiayan : 138 ELR (ice only)

Comment

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel like he has a deflect mechanism, and some poison coat that slightly poisons you upon each attack done to him.

I'm trying what Bojck says, but it's either unlucky or some sort of bug that gets me. Will keep trying ofc but its rough haha

Comment

Fair enough. I just got used to always dodging Kara on my squishy BH that it is easy now and even do so when I'm my SW that can tank her. Yeah...TBD and Garm dodging on Mobile gets interesting. 130+ take me a while as the touch pad responsiveness is not always 100% and one bad move can mean a redo.

Comment

This thread is a lifesaver! I was stuck on TL 134, but now I've cleared TL141 and am still pushing. Knowing the nature of the bug helps a lot.
          Season 1 Mage: Muse, Rank 7 - TL 157 in 9:46
          ANB Silver #3 BH: Shade, Rank 12 - TL 142 in 9:33

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

Nice to hear that, keep it up Shade!

Comment

As far as I remember we used to have to survive until garm spawned the circles the first time, then the circles appeared regularly directly after the previous ones disappeared.
              Yesterday I had to increase LoH to 4100 AND use either an apple or a potion AND have time warp active throughout the break to survive until the next blue circle. ​​Sometimes they appeared directly after each other, sometimes not.
              Well my stormcaller finally got 139 down ​​​​​​, but I think I never managed to dodge except by running circles around a big rock. He now has a shield, as much vit as a warrior and a lot more LoH ​​​​.
              How do you dodge his dot auto attack?
              Last edited by Argon; 07-31-2020, 09:04 AM.
              Mobile only
              ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
              Warriors Argon
              Mages Harry (season), Telary/Tuca (AnBs)

Comment

• Argon
                Argon commented
                Editing a comment
                Yepp that's a bonus, need to practice this side-step dance now. Another question, what's the wall for mages now, who's the toughest boss? It wasn't Garm before the new stuff, right?
                Last edited by Argon; 07-31-2020, 06:18 PM.

• bojck
                bojck commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah sidestepping is one of the most useful skills to develop...

I think there is no wall now, you get stuck at the level you lack damage to clear in time. When it's close to your ceiling, each boss is tough. Magroth and Elban are the easiest to survive, but if you run too much you lose time, so you have to risk it to get the damage. E.g. for Magroth stop beaming when he's just about to swing at you

For me Kara and TBD are the hardest. Kara gets tough once you can't get her aids down quick enough. When a Maiden of Pain is up, both their damage is really high. You have to avoid all Kara's arrows, most of the auto-attack, most of the multi-shot thing, and the maidens' attacks. Luckily you have more than enough time for that, because of Kara's lower hp.

TBD interrupts the beam with all and it's hard to

• bojck
                bojck commented
                Editing a comment
                it's hard to cast a full beam at her.

But yeah, all bosses are challenging now. Nothing like what we were used to with arcanist

I had most trouble with Magroth before, wasnt the hardest but he took the most time. Now its defo Garm. TBD is always easy imo, so is elban.

Comment

• Argon
                Argon commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Thaught so too. Last 2 times i played mages i got stuck at Magroth and Kara!?

Kara is easy imo, as long as u have enough vit to withstand her auto attacks she is a cakewalk.

Comment

Don't want to sound like I'm bragging, although I am, but got 149 Garm down with 515k toughness with no deaths Next TBD with 1.15M feels much hardert=

Edit: to be even more annoying - 134 with 240k toughness! Garm was ok, mob phase like space invaders
                Last edited by bojck; 08-01-2020, 07:41 AM.
                Mage: Anba

Comment

Working...
                X