Only 3/13 trinkets worthwhile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 3/13 trinkets worthwhile?

I'm testing Havoc, Arcanist, Stormcaller and mono-elemental Regalia builds.
    I don't know about warriors.

I'm finding that, even in builds that would exploit dmg specialization, the best choice is still Wind and Storm trinkets.
    Other combinations have clearly led to inferior trial performance.

Then I'd guess Fire Lily would work on builds that need AR to produce and maintain a certain "state" such as Arcanist or Stormcaller but I'll be testing that after ANB Gold.

I don't know if the lightning brooch would work better for Stormcaller instead of the crit. dmg boost since the latter can happen while enemies are not in lightning struck state (yet). Having additional lightning shooting out would also even the dmg output over type time and reduce dependence on Blizzard. Another thing to be tested. . .

What other trinkets are good?
    I think it's just those three (or four?).
    If so, it would be good if a balancing patch enables builds that would make use of some of the other ten, either by slightly changing the builds and/or enhancing the least popular trinkets.
    Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 08-08-2020, 02:44 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    BaiYude : 123 Arcanist
    Necrophase : 133 Havoc
    HuJiayan : 138 ELR (ice only)

Things might change..

I remember reading a post from Travis about a possible nerf on trinkets prior to ANB gold (maybe after ANB?)...I'm afraid those 3 might be included.

Comment

• Anjaeka
      Anjaeka commented
      Editing a comment
      The nerf was lowering the effect of trinkets based on item level. Epics have less of an effect than legendary, etc.

I have an ELR Mage that uses Brooch of Purifying Flames along with Igniters Sash and BoM with a 197% Fireball damage increase that seems to be a good combination. BoPF claims to give 5000% weapon damage for 4 seconds about 8 times per minute, and it seems to work well. However, I haven't tested it against Wind or Storm, and I am still at TL96 since my ELR gear is all old level 70 stuff.

In general, though, most of the trinkets have damage bonuses that are too low (e.g., Pyromaniac has only 100% increase of Fire Damage) and/or too infrequent (only twice per minute). Those trinkets are severely limited because only a few items (trinkets, belts, & bracers) can add the specific types of damage. Maybe if they expand jewelry to include things like Fire Damage stats it might make them more relevant. Hopefully, the Devs will consider boosting one or more of those attributes (i.e., damage boost & frequency) to make them more competitive. I am pretty sure that it was never their intention to have everyone only playing the same two trinkets.

Comment

Too many random boosts. . . One or two of those including Power Infusion is more than enough. . .
      Seems like lazy coding. . .

Things like fire lily and the wind vial are the way to go. . .
      permanent abilities and/or those that trigger when a condition is met.

For example, for mages, a boost that stacks each time dmg is reflected. . . then some sets have synergy with that. . . suddenly there's a reason to invest in that skill.
      . . .another that tags fire spells to Arcanist build-up or some other kind of stack, etc. . .
      . . .instant death on critical for common mobs, from regular attacks.

Also, if the abilities are not niche enough, they'll get absorbed into existing strategies rather than enable new ones.
      So frostfire is great but it's still all about thermal shock and, for that, there's clearly one dominant set-up that gets copy-pasted all over the leaderboards.
      Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 08-14-2020, 05:58 PM.
      Samsung Galaxy Note 9
      BaiYude : 123 Arcanist
      Necrophase : 133 Havoc
      HuJiayan : 138 ELR (ice only)

Comment

Working...
      X