Different types of elites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different types of elites

What are the different types of elites in the game. What are their special powers. What are there special auras(only today I got to know about it). Which elites should be avoided during pushing/farming

https://mage-minions.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_monsters

You dont want these 2...
    Blue - defender
    Red - attack

Others are...
    cloudy swirl- freezing
    Orange inner- fire
    yellow- reflect

They also have a little symbol right underneath the elite that is hard to see.
    Last edited by Romme; 10-21-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

From the names and observation, I think some add movement and/or attack speed.
      Samsung Galaxy Note 9
      BaiYude : 132 Arcanist
      Necrophase : 133 Havoc
      HuJiayan : 143 ELR Turbofreeze

Comment

Originally posted by Romme View Post
        https://mage-minions.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_monsters

You dont want these 2...
        Blue - defender
        Red - attack

Others are...
        cloudy swirl- freezing
        Orange inner- fire
        yellow- reflect

They also have a little symbol right underneath the elite that is hard to see.
        I'm having problems when the fire around my hero. Otherwise I didn't noticed till now. Thanks. After watching your video of warrior 162. I got to know the auras. Otherwise I never give attention to elites.

Comment

The different elite auras were covered in one of the older guides from 2017 by heyjude1971 (see excerpt below). Most people easily recognize elites by their auras (e.g., surrounded by rings of fire or fog on the ground at their feet). I know that the fire ones increase the damage dealt by the elites in those circles, and the fog/clouds aura slows your hero down. The names also describes some elites special abilities such as "Charging", "Spawning." "Vanishing," etc. You may want to read the original guide. Even though some things have changed since it was first posted, most of the game play basics, such as auras, are still the same.

FYI, most players simply learn that you generally want to avoid the aura circles by using ranged attacks from a safe distance and limit the number of elites that you pull into a fight as they can quickly overpower you at higher trial levels. If you try to "avoid" elites, it will slow down your progress since killing elites awards more XP. The best bet is to limit the number of elites that you are attacking at one time. If you are being one-shot by elites, you can equip passives like Endurance or Tough as Nails to increase your armor/vitality.

Auras
          Some enemies have visible magical auras around them. These auras have the following attributes:
          [Thanks, Estharon.]

An aura only affects the units inside the circle, and never affects the enemy that is deploying it.

Some auras are cancelled by Maggie's Silence spell and others are only prevented if silence is applied before the cast.
          Appearance Effect Enemy Name Indicators
          Lava floor Does damage over time to player/minions. Immolating / Immolator
          Swirling cloud vortex Slows movement and attack speed. Chilling / Trapper
          Red circle with fist symbols Buffs (adds to) the enemy's attack power. Empowering / Empowerer
          Blue circle with shield symbol Buffs (adds to) the enemy's armor. Protecting / Defender
          Orange circle with arrows Reflects some of the damage you deal back to you. Reflecting / Retributor

original link to guide: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...ral-newb-guide
          Last edited by Ozymandius; 10-21-2020, 06:21 PM. Reason: added note about not avoiding elites

Comment

for a shield warrior
            waitin for Garm to appear with all its stupidity at trial so and so
            suddenly i hate when another type of creature in company of bunch of Elites
            i think you all knew wat:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 10-21-2020, 11:44 PM.
            Honest playin with Low end Pc

New 2 "Goldly Hero" systematically runnin the 5 Star Story Mode (i need sufficient "Gems" for next War Supply Event & ANB's)

Comment

Another trivia: Those elites with lava floor (immolating/immolator) removes the BHs' Smokescreen invisibility when you walked or crossed to their circle. I discovered that when running a BH in story mode, I was wondering why my toon got visible to the mobs even if I didn't attack, just running to the end of the map. Then I observed that one.

Comment

Working...
              X