Reasons to Play A New Beginning Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons to Play A New Beginning Events

So, I am kinda beginning to struggle here. I am looking for reasons to look forward to and participate in ANBs.

WHAT! You may say? BLASPHEMY! You may say?

I am being sincere here.

Glory? Already unlocked everything that I want to unlock. Glory just keeps accumulating with no clear reason why I should spend time pursuing more.

Celestial Transforms? Already at the point that I am going to start converting them to Celestial Essences so that they do not suck up so much storage.

Custom Rare Jewelry Boxes? Already have a lot and no real need for them as I have jewelry for all my heroes that I need.

Gain experience? Questionable. Yes, there is an experience boost but you also have to spend a fair amount of time and resources to get to trial level 80+ to start farming reasonable experience. Plus, there is a lot more real-time involved in getting to that experience farming point rather than just farming experience with my existing heroes and gear outside of ANB events. I view the experience gained during ANB events as, at best, a toss-up.

Medals? Eh. Yes, they provide some kick but it some of us just stink at the game.

Gold? Really worth it for the time involved?

Boosters? Sure, you get boosters as rewards from the event. The number of boosters I have in Stash just keeps growing as I can not remember the last time that I used a booster outside of ANB or War Supplies events.

Gemstones? Not really worth it.

Gems? Does anyone end ANB events without more gems without actually purchasing them?

A New Beginning events are a huge time and resources sink. Just not really seeing much reason to put any priority on participating in one. I guess that I should give full disclosure here. I have struggled to even play two hours of Event Timer during ANB events lately.

Thoughts anyone?

Obviously, this does not apply to newer players as they are still trying to stock up. Well, maybe not all of it does not apply. Unless you are completely new to the game? Aren't you getting to the point that you have all the Glory you need for unlocking what you want to be unlocked?

Thoughts anyone?

Yes, RAFERS102 not having more storage space or at least allowing things like boxes stack or limiting gemstone stacks to 100 due contribute to several of these points.
    My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2020-05-27
    All Hero Type Abilities Updated: 2020-05-02

Please let me know if you find any obsolete information or errors. I also welcome suggestions for presentation or content.

Eh... I think they're fun. I do like getting the CTs. And the decreased crafting costs and XP boosters offer a condensed game experience. It's fun to experience a likeness of what it was like to play this game for the first time and play through story mode.

And I'm sure the more competitive players enjoy the trial competition aspect of it.
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

@TinMan you might be reaching the maximum fun of this game. This game is fun but veteran player will eventually bored. I think it's because we can only interact with other outside the game.
      LUQA MIYE HOSI 1072

Steampunk - Stalker Bounty Hunter (Main Trial Pusher)
      Quinn - Assault Bounty Hunter (Gold Farmer)
      Cyberpunk - Warlord's/Fury Warrior (Fun Trial Pusher)
      Blackwidow - Warlord's/Furry Warrior (Exp Farmer)
      Punkd/Pinkd - Stalker/Warrior (ANB Runner)

S3 #52; S4 #35

Comment

Originally posted by steampunk View Post
        @TinMan you might be reaching the maximum fun of this game. This game is fun but veteran player will eventually bored. I think it's because we can only interact with other outside the game.
        You are right that the length of time that I have played the game is why there is no need for much of what ANB events have to offer. I do not feel that my enjoyment of the game has dropped though.

I play the game way too much. I regularly start new profiles while investigating things or testing things, so I get that "new" experience often.

Just seems that the only reasons to play ANB events are for:

- Celestial Transforms
        - Glory
        - Medals
        - The challenge of how to do ANB events better/faster

The challenge is the only thing that is not limited by what you need for the game. The need for Glory was the driver since they introduced Glory. Alas, as we all knew would happen relatively quickly, the need for Glory has quickly faded. I now have 300+ Glory and nothing that I am inclined to spend it on.

Just that, due to game constraints, most of the benefits that can be received from ANB have no place to go or maybe just no additional benefit.

I think that most players would prefer structural changes to the game rather than new features. The recent new features have largely served to complicate the game because of the structural limitation.

Yes, I have probably reached my limit on how to do ANBs. Not much more that I know how to do to get there faster or higher. Man! TL 3 just kicks my behind, just ask Shade Glow . So, there is not much challenge but just repetition.

This is one huge benefit to A New Beginning events. You have a leaderboard!

Not having a leaderboard destroys much of the activities I do.

Anyways, this was meant, for the most part, to the developers that what is offered as rewards from events, with Glory being the big one now, that the rewards only hold value so long with the way the game is presently built.
        My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2020-05-27
        All Hero Type Abilities Updated: 2020-05-02

Please let me know if you find any obsolete information or errors. I also welcome suggestions for presentation or content.

Comment

• Rogtime
          Rogtime commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, please let us have a permanent leaderboard, not for competition or reward, just so we can see how or what others are doing. And I too struggle to play ANB for more than two hours. Lately just to see how fast I can get to level 100, but I’m running out of space for CT’s or anything else.

• RAFERS102
          RAFERS102 commented
          Editing a comment
          The game for me is now a rputine for me, as am I am sure it is for many people.

You've ruined my plan here though, I wanted to mention stash space, however like fight club, we are not allowed to talk about stash gate. One very good point would be to stack boxes, would eliminate so much pain. Maybe Box Gate is the new taboo.

or maybe you can try to reach top #1 in LB, maybe if you set it as a destination the you'll try harder and have fun ?
        idk, i not reaching your level yet so i don't know how bored you're right now

but out there in discord people like lodwig or romme or arin or bo or 100licad and others veteran keeps pushing and sharing things even outside ANB :v
        and they are definitely doin more wild in ANB :v
        Guide :

Comment

Time and resources sink while the prizes are not interesting enough.

The experience is always the same grinding marathon.
          The TLs themselves are roughly the same enemies, sounds and environment since Wallbreaker was one of the bosses.

I am planning to skip Gold since in the other two I can at least experiment with set choices.
          Samsung Galaxy Note 9
          BaiYude : 132 Arcanist
          Necrophase : 133 Havoc
          HuJiayan : 143 ELR Turbofreeze

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
            I think that most players would prefer structural changes to the game rather than new features. The recent new features have largely served to complicate the game because of the structural limitation.
            Completely agree with this..
            LUQA MIYE HOSI 1072

Steampunk - Stalker Bounty Hunter (Main Trial Pusher)
            Quinn - Assault Bounty Hunter (Gold Farmer)
            Cyberpunk - Warlord's/Fury Warrior (Fun Trial Pusher)
            Blackwidow - Warlord's/Furry Warrior (Exp Farmer)
            Punkd/Pinkd - Stalker/Warrior (ANB Runner)

S3 #52; S4 #35

Comment

Originally posted by kurtcabage View Post
              or maybe you can try to reach top #1 in LB, maybe if you set it as a destination the you'll try harder and have fun ?
              idk, i not reaching your level yet so i don't know how bored you're right now

but out there in discord people like lodwig or romme or arin or bo or 100licad and others veteran keeps pushing and sharing things even outside ANB :v
              and they are definitely doin more wild in ANB :v
              If that's your thing. Frankly for me, its a just no. Way to too much metagaming. That is the nutshell problem with ANB, too much meta game.

Hyperefficient milking of TSM and the portal loophole for XP. Loophole on damage metrics for level one legendary crafts, leveraging the early crafting skew . Etc.

JIMHO, players with skills (not me) should be the ones that are the most upset. It still takes skill to clear TL150+, however since the early days of ANB, JIMHo, the skill on the leaderboard has been washed out with metagaming and exploits.

The easiest fix around is right in front of them.
              1. Abandon the level, portal out without killing the boss before the 10 minute timer completes, lose 75% of the experience earned.
              2. Repeated story mode level runs past 5 cause XP and loot decreases. Similar to trials in reverse i.e. Loot = base loot * (.95)^(#runs - 5) (this actually gives a loot boost on runs 1-4.)

Overall, it really needs a fix to ANB being reduce to 60 second grind repeat for X hours.

Comment

• NoSuchReality
                NoSuchReality commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea, I do trials too as they are less persnickity. There's some gear exploits that need fixing, but overall, the 60 second grind is broken. The PC /Mobile gaps are more ridiculous than ever. I admti I use exploit loosely, quirk, peculiarity, may be better but lets be honest a level 1 legendary fire lily is stupidly unbalanced. Too much is South Park WoW boar farming. There is more and I don't even know all the current hot tricks. And like Tin Man, I have neither the desire nor the time to.spend 6+ hours on repeat.

Think how broken this is, my primary focus hasn't been playing it has ben seeing how broken the legal.exploits make it and how the game is when you do thst formula.

I feel sorry for anybody looking at the ANB leaderboards, desiring to be competitive without a full complete understanding of the legal exploits.

• bojck
                bojck commented
                Editing a comment
                I do agree that it's grindy and repetitive, but can't say the event is broken because of exploits. Ok, a lvl1 lily is most definitely unbalanced, but it just saves you 5 minutes on the way to level 70, which is not a huge deal. And it's all in the item description, so it's far from being an exploit. Most of the event you farm trials, but how is that an exploit as well? It takes skill to do that efficiently, which is why I still enjoy it for some hours. Besides, ANBs have been discussed so much that anyone really looking at the leaderboard know what they should do. Personally I've shared my strategies multiple times here in the forum and in Discord, so anyone interested can find all the important 'tricks' I use.

With good knowledge of the game and skills you can get to trial 145+ in 3-5 hours and call it a day - there's no need to play through the whole event, and you don't have to use any exploits whatsoever. Now if you want to rank as high as possible, these long events get really tedious, but again that's just a lot of work and commitment, not exploits...

• Shade Glow
                Shade Glow commented
                Editing a comment
                bojck "Perhaps increasing the xp cap can make ANBs a bit less grindy. If there's incentive to run higher levels for xp/mats, we might gradually climb up to 130, instead of grinding 80 - 105 hundreds of times."

I believe the XP cap was created to prevent some players from pulling too far ahead of the pack. The higher the cap, the harder it is for new players to catch up to Abin.

Tin Man I wish that I could argue against some of your positions, but like you, I have more CTs, gemstones, and jewelry boxes than I have space in my stash to store them, and now that I am over 2000 CLs, I only got about 9 CLs out of the last ANB. I offloaded a bunch of them to an old Apprentice Mage's inventory page, so I could have space to store some of the different trinkets and belts from the last major upgrade. I did use some boosters outside of an ANB recently, but that was mainly just to get rid of them to free up more stash space. Back when ANBs were only offered a handful of times a year, it would have seemed like blasphemy to skip one. but the frequent pace of ANBs today places less of a sense of urgency to play each event. I'm not at all sad to have the extra week to relax before the next ANB, though I am hoping it won't interfere with Thanksgiving holiday.

However, Gold ANB is the only time that a casual player like myself has a chance to actually enjoy a bit of competition. I rarely have more than 5-6 hours of game clock play even in a Bronze or Silver event, so there really isn't a chance to be competitive against players who can invest 12 or 9 hours. I still keep lobbying for the Devs to offer a 3 hour Platinum ANB, especially now that players easily hit level 70 and start crafting Legendary set gear within 20-30 minutes of play.

I have to agree with Arawn that I still enjoy the fun of playing a new hero at least early on when gear drops still have a chance of being significant and crafting costs are low enough that you don't feel sick when you roll a week's worth of grinding mats with nothing to show for it. Although I was a bit ill in the last ANB when I crafted a Viscera 20 times in a row thinking each craft could be the level 77 piece that I needed and never got anything better than a 75. But most of the time I get at least one keeper piece from an ANB.

I started playing Eternium because it was a relaxing and fun way to spend my long train commute into Boston and back, and even though I am working from home these days, I still enjoy the game (though it is harder to justify playing 2 hours a day without the commute). Hopefully, they will keep coming up with new ideas to keep the game interesting. I will play as long as it is fun and there are new challenges.
              Last edited by Ozymandius; 11-20-2020, 04:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Timely post Tin Man as I have been contemplating not participating in next ANB for all the reasons given. Been playing this game for almost 2 years, hit CL 2100 several ANBs ago and managed to pick up a whole 6 CL points from the last ANB with a hero who finished with CL1450+. Still can't break top 100 and probably never will, so I don't even try. While I can say yup, yup, yup to most of your of reasons, I differ from you mainly in that I don't have excess Glory and still have new gear set pieces, belts, trinkets and BoMs that I would like to be able to craft. So there is that driver for me, to continue playing ANBs while I can still craft decent gear.

In fact, the one thing that has kept me playing ANBs was possibility of crafting and keeping L77s that one or more of my heros could use at a discounted price. However, in last ANB my best craft was a pair of L76 Fury sabatons, so I can empathize with you Ozymandius. Unlike Tin, I am not always running new heros and chasing down rabbit holes, so ANBs are also the only time I relive the excitement of growing a new hero. If it wasn't for CTs and Glory, I'd probably run new hero through all 55 story levels before ever going to trials like I did when I first started and didn't know how to 'play' the ANB game. However now running through all story levels in ANB is a big time suck if you are trying to get to TL110 or higher for Glory bonuses and both CTs. Guess I'll just wait to see what the new game "feature" is before I decide whether I'll play in Gold.

Comment

Hey TinMan - hadn't seen you lately. Glad to see you're still around!

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Frankly, I've been feeling a bit Eternium'd out lately. The overly frequent ANB's are a big part of that. I was actually glad that Gold did not start this week. Also Life events have reduced my available playing time.

As others have mentioned, I almost never manage to use all of the game time in the events, or anything close to it. I will never be at or close to the top of the leaderboard, either in ANB or in a Season. And I really fail to understand the logic of not having normal play leaderboards. It can't be that hard to implement and would make so much difference to regular players.

And as you and others have mentioned, I already have too many CT's and J-boxes stashed. If I had gear that was worth CT-ing that would be one thing, but for the most part I don't, and I live in constant fear of the max gear level being increased or new gear pieces introduced shortly after I use the CT's I do have.

I do use boosters outside of ANB, but I still have a bunch of 200% boosters acquired as Season rewards. They tend to accumulate faster than I use them, as I tend to use the 50% and 100% boosters first. Plus I'm at the point where even using boosters, I can play all evening and not gain more than 1 Champion Level. And I just don't need more gold or gemstones.

Additionally, I am at the point of selling excess gemstones rather than use up more storage space.

Things that might revive my interest somewhat include the following:
                  • MORE STORAGE SPACE
                  • New levels - Chapter 5 would be very welcome. Also new and interesting places to use dungeon keys.
                  • New bosses to beat using different tactics.
                  • Insane level story map difficulty - maybe equivalent to Trial 100 difficulty, with a corresponding increase in gem rewards - maybe 3,6,9,12, and 15 for 5 runs.
                  • Dial back the frequency of special events, particularly ANB's.
                  • And some different reward structures would be nice. It's always a let-down to open the rewards for a new event and see the same old same old. Although, given what I have stashed, I admit to not having any ideas about what a different reward structure might look like to be appealing. The only thing I can think of is maybe a special gear piece that can only be achieved by getting to a certain level in ANB, or some achievement that isn't just a time grind in a Season or War Supplies event.

Comment

I agree with all of the above...

It may sadden some, but I even managed to let some celestial transforms that were mailed over rot and disappear since I neither needed them nor had space to store them. The loss would have been devastating before, but at this point it didn't even make me flinch.

I have maxed out on TLs I can reach due to skill/computing power on each of the classes and several build variants over the last 8 months or so of playing and the only personal goal I have left is getting that red medal which I cannot seem reach. I may try to give it one last go when gold comes out as I still have almost 15k gems left from farming and the season reward. On the other hand, I may just throw in the towel as my mains cannot get as high as would be needed to cross onto the top 25 because I run into fps issues on my $50 tablet pulling enough mobs.

Unless something great comes out in the next update I'll be hanging up the game for a while to move onto something else more interesting. Funny, as I was almost at this same point before the last major update and the new sets kept me going a few more months.

Comment

I feel like a lot of us are saying good bye here. I love this game so much, but everything’s so frustrating.
                      they should change the name of the company from Making Fun to We Refuse To Give Them What They Want.

Comment

I'm so burnt out that I can't even read all the posts or be bothered to expand on the topic. I've hardly touched the game since the Add boxes were removed.
                        RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Burnt out is the right description for me too. I also have serious hands issues. I played last ANB bronze, finished #26(personal best), but I don't think I will play another ANB very soon. I don't want to abandon the game, I would like to play the next season event(much less effort than an ANB). In my case, number one condition for total abandon would be full lvl 77 stalker gear becoming obsolete. Exactly because it would require playing many ANBs for a very long time, to craft and CT a new full competitive set. Meanwhile, I just gain +1 CL occasionaly and wait for the "exciting new feature".

Comment

Working...
                          X