Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's all my friends Bronze ANB progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benedicto and the rest of warriors out there.
    Need an honest opinion: Strictly about a hero called: Shield Warrior

1. AR nerf
    2. So and so Elite Bug
    3. No point in waitin for something "we are not completely sure" wat it is anymore? Even some of our SW masters, experts, teachers, seniors has gone missing?, hiding?, left, change strategy? (by prefer a DW maybe), stop givin advice etc etc
    4, Can't possibly be at top 100 and "Remain there" (in general - extremely rare to achieve this)
    5. It seems No more light at the end of the tunnel?? (figure of speech)

"So is it time to finally set aside Shield warrior"??
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 01-25-2021, 11:57 AM.
    Honest playin with Low end Pc

New 2 "Goldly Hero" systematically runnin the 5 Star Story Mode (i need sufficient "Gems" for next War Supply Event & ANB's)

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      For the moment im focusing on DH to gear my gold toon When shield warrior will becom3 viable again ill give it a try again

I invested just over 5 hours in the Bronze ANB running a hybrid Demo/Havoc BH. I finished with 1221 CLs and cleared TL120. Unfortunately, I finished just out of the top 250. No great shock to find that I am surrounded by Stalker BH builds as far as the eye can see. I did notice a couple of Demo builds that finished ahead of me, but they were using the Shadow Assassins pistol set to get the Poison Cloud. Looks like I will need to make that change as well, if I am going to be able to push higher. Overall, I am happy with my performance. I easily got the 2 CTs, ended up with two nice Igniters Pistols and even hit the TL120 Glory award. I did have to spend gems on a Legendary Crafter's Crate, but even then I only crafted 27 Legendary gear pieces, which is a lower number than I was crafting in ANBs before just using salvaged gear. There is no way that I would have finished where I did if I tried to run the same minimal gems strategy that I had been using in previous ANBs

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swann TL120.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	191135

Comment

As of now, with 2:43 left in the event, my bracer-less mage is at #48, I'm hoping I can just barely make the top 50.

Comment

• Splendor
        Splendor commented
        Editing a comment
        Well... I ended at #58, maybe the leaderboard clean up will push me into to top 50 but probably not.

1 hour left. Mage exactly rank 50 and stuck against Garm, with one more try. BH at rank 15 and struggling for my first top 10... Looking supper unlikely lol.

Comment

Couldn't pull any miracles out of my hat. I just couldn't muster enough damage to progress either toon any further. Actually used up most of my time for once as well lol. Either way, both results were achieved without Legendary Crates, and no large of amount of gem expenditure. Silver will probably be doable for top 100's, but I think ranking in Gold ANB's will be a thing of the past for my broke a$$.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ANB Bronze BH 17.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.5 KB ID:	191146

Click image for larger version  Name:	ANB Bronze Mage 53.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	191147

Comment

• DethStrike
          DethStrike commented
          Editing a comment
          Arawn Cause he's awkward, lol. But he's gettin it now, so I've adopted his mages.

• Grand_Wazoo
          Grand_Wazoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Gratz!...(not to your room mate's..lol) very nice ranking given you didn't invested much gems....

• DethStrike
          DethStrike commented
          Editing a comment
          Grand_Wazoo Thank you my friend! I was surprised how it turned out. The start was pretty damned rough.

This success was also largely due to me crafting Icebeam BOMs within my first 8 crafts. That allowed me to farm trial 90 almost immediately, and soon after trial 105. I also spent a full hour farming SM very early (as soon as I had 50% gold buff from CL's + a blue gold gear set), which got me a cool 9-10 million bucks, with which I purchased countless 25K crafting crates, so that I could get a full epic gear set going early. Altogether I spent 400 gems for learning slot, a couple hundred for all the ability & follower unlocks, 50 gem silk crate, 100 gem standard resource crate, and about 4 of the 100% exp boosters (75 each). I only had to reforge Exp off of about 5 high level items, as I had time to craft replacements for all the others.

All the time spent farming trial 105, got me a ton of gems, using the left over 200% boosters, and I had made a near perfect ring & necklace, each enchanted with 100 Vitality. Forcing the lvl 77 Igneus Staff by crafting 10-12 staffs in a row, when starting the second 1\2 of my crafting bag, was another big factor allowing me to farm trial 105 so easily. It wiped me out at the time, and I had to buy at least 80 of the 25K crates to keep it going, but it made exp & gear farming infinitely faster.

Comment

• Raingold
          Raingold commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations. That's fantastic. Thanks for posting the details of your farming strategy and gem spend. I'm making a plan with a gem target to be prepared for the next one.

Raingold You're welcome Things will obviously be trickier in the shorter Silver ANB. Unlocking the skill research slot is the best 400 gems you can spend IMO, apart from unlocking your abilities and party members. In Bronze & to a degree Silver, I use purchased Exp boosters at certain breakpoints, where I will get the most out of them. Such as; I've completed most of an exp gear set early on, I've just crafted a powerful new weapon, I've recently finished a gear set with new abilities, etc. In Gold ANB, you pretty much need to use the boosters early, so that you can get to Trial 100 and unlock the three 200% exp boosters, and still have time to use them.

Also in Gold ANB, getting to your currency boosters before you farm too much, or purchasing a currency booster (75 gems for 200%) is needed to minimize time amassing gold. I typically will use 3 to 6 of the 100% Exp boosters (75 gems), and occasionally a strategic 200% Exp booster, if I've just taken huge leap in power for what I'm farming, or if need to get stronger for an urgent milestone.

This can be tricky obviously, and you would be greatly assisted in purchasing one or two 50 gem crafting crates (Class dependent), one 100 gem crate (Standard Essences), and one 200 gem crate (Greater Essences/Mithral). The first will allow you to craft your Experience gear. The second, along with the custom ephemeral items, will help you craft a few epic pieces to start rising in trials. The last crate gives you greater essences of each type, and Mithril, Nightcloth and Enchanted Leather. These mats can be sparse early on, and it sucks to not be able to utilize the first Marks of Titans you find. Alternatively, the 200 gem crate can allow the early crafting of Impactful early trinkets, such as Fire Lilly, Vial of Wind Spirit, etc, as they do not require MOT's.

I don't really buy legendary crates, because my laid off hobo-gamer budget can't allow the procuring of more gems than my season pass purchase. That requires a 3 month wait, so I have to budget my gems unfortunately, or I'd tap out of gems in 3 ANB's. If you have the expendable income, these crates are basically ANB easy mode, especially given the new drop rate.
        Last edited by DethStrike; 01-25-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• DethStrike
          DethStrike commented
          Editing a comment
          I fully agree. But as a newb, I just need so many pieces of gear still, and medals as well. Thus, I'm aiming to place in every tournament, on the minimum amount of gems, and walk away with at least 1 level 77 item I need. In Bronze I aim for about 1000-1350 gems, which is about what I would make in that time span expending only minimal effort (Daily quests + random gem drops). For Silver I add a couple boosters and maybe 200 gem crate for about 1400-1600 gems. For Gold I always get one to two 200 gem crates, and one to two 200% Exp boosters for about 1700-2000 gems. This is enough to get top 50 rank every time... so far lol. This amount of gem expenditure does not require a ton of maintenance, I don't really do story mode farming anymore as I lost the drive a couple months ago. Just a few missions here and there after dailies plus slowly depleting my season bank return.

--I have diverged from this on occasion, but it hasn't really helped. Occasionally when I'm doing well, I'll want just one more booster/crate. Other times I'll decide that I'm not staying competitive given poor crafting, and cut back on gems, just cruising to whatever medals I'm looking for.
          Last edited by DethStrike; 01-26-2021, 12:37 AM.

• Raingold
          Raingold commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the pointers, DethStrike. This helps. I hear you on the budget. I'm in no-spend mode, too. I went over the Resource post and Keaven's walkthrough to get oriented for the next one. Your strategy tips will help me manage my time better on the next one. You're so right about the value of a second Research slot. Discovered that the hard way. I have it at the top of my list of priority gem spend for the next ANB. Good to know Fire Lily and VofWS are easiest to craft early. I have the VofWS recipe and will keep buying recipes and increasing my crafting mastery. Thanks for the specifics on which crates to get. I just got a crash course on the importance of preparing for ANB. Your results are inspiring. Wishing you continued success and good flow in outside life, too.

• Raingold
          Raingold commented
          Editing a comment
          Nhat, that's good to know. I've been experimenting with XP and Currency boosters and practicing gold runs. I'm going to see how many gems I can gain in-game to budget for the next ANB, but there isn't much time, so it's good to know where I can cut costs if my gem supply is tight. I appreciate your guides and posts.

Ive decided to go DH for a second anb
        like my last anb ive go with minimal gem
        105 gem for skill and passive(did not unlock the seconary attack slot)
        10 gem for 2 heroes inventory rows
        61 gem to cket my cape
        76 to socket weapon
        did not unlock companion slot or upgrade slot
        so for a big total of :
        251 gems spent

ive reached trial 137 completed in 8:41. cL 1589
        place me temporary at position64
        still had 1:30 on the event clock butwasnt able to invest more time

very satisfy with my ANB. 251 gems for top 100 with these new drop rate
        Attached Files

Comment

• DethStrike
          DethStrike commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Turgeon I was greedy for the Exp/Gold medal lol. I also thought it was going to be a lot rougher with the new drop rate, so I spent more upfront than necessary on the 100 gem crate, and spent too much time farming. I thought I was going to be buying 7-8 million+ in 50K crates.

In the end though I spent what I knew I'd make back by the end of the ANB. If I'd gone for an extra healer early on, or a few 200% EXP boosters, I'd probably have made top 10, but I never imagined I'd get that close. Besides another Haste medal is not exciting.

• Grand_Wazoo
          Grand_Wazoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice job Turgeon.

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnk wazoo! Was thinking it was harder to play on my i-pad. But it seem to be ez enough.
          Edit; harder then playing SW

That's impressive. Encouraging you rose so high on such a low gem spend. Stellar result. Congratulations.

Comment

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnk men. Im very suprised by my result too!

Finished ANB with an amazingly crazy 5 pieces of lvl 77 gear:

Attached Files

Comment

• Eternium2020
          Eternium2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          what trial did u farm and get those.

• Chairmannone
          Chairmannone commented
          Editing a comment
          mostly TL105, 6 fury lily build

I made it into a top 100 leaderboard position (TL 133) on my mage, and completed the event with 1500 gems more than I started with.
        The new drops make the game really dull though. It just makes the grinding go so slowly! Wish the Devs would actually take part in the events to see what the results of their changes are.

Comment

• Eternium2020
          Eternium2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          The grind is real, but i know some players that is new to the game but already having a hard time in AnB so most of them cant pass T40+ because they don't have recipe and their craftinf is not lvl50 and some doesnt even know what AnB is but some of them know how it works but since the drop rate is change most of them doesnt like the changes because they say it is already tough for them to get high trials and the amount of event time that the game provide is less, i hope devs increase the event timer for first timer playing AnB will be good. and can only happen for new players/account. What i see here is that majority of the new players doesnt seem to care read the information that the game provided to them they just start and make an event hero, and whats more they want all their skills to lvl10 and have a decent items when it is clearly AnB they dont understand. hoping for more information and pop up that explains it for like 10-15secs or more and will not be removed until 10-15secs counting is done. so they can read how the event works.

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Even a newbie should be able to craft a full gear set of Epics using the e-box rewards. I was able to run through TL60 using only Epic gear pieces before crafting my first Legendary gear.

• DethStrike
          DethStrike commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I agree with the Oz man. And if you do happen to be at a stopgap as far as progression goes, there is a simple fix that anyone can accomplish, regardless of skill or practice. For 10 (50%), 25 (100%), or 75 (200%) gems you can purchase one of the three currency boosters, and walk your gimpy butt to Act 1-10, The Severed Mountain. Here you can run this moments long level over and over and over, until your will breaks under weight of excessive coin. It has an incredible rate of gold gain for an average run of 10-15 seconds at first. Once you get into a flow and start spawning close to the boss, the run times will shrink to as little as 4-5 seconds.

You should only need to buy one booster, early on, at most, as the ANB stretch goals come with tons of boosters as you play, for any needed future runs.

Before you do a gold run, make sure and push as many CL's as you can into gold gain, and craft at least uncommon (green) gear with Gold gain on each piece. If you have the means, make Blue gear for impactful pieces, such as Boots/Pants (movement speed), Weapons (damage), etc. 4 - 10+ (I was getting 12mil or so my last run with around 3850% gold gain) million gold per half hour (depending upon which booster you use) is extremely doable with reasonable gold gain on every piece of gear, and eventually on a spare set of rings and necklaces. As you farm, reinvest into better gold gear to speed the process along.

Now that you have a ton of gold and also a bit of scrapped material, go to town and buy the 25K Basic Resource Crates till your finger falls off. Convert all those essences into the larger essences you need, and viola. The gear you needed is now craft able.

I would guess I bought around 220+ of these crates in this past Bronze ANB, at a mere 5mil gold or so, it's the best early 20-30 minutes you can spend, if you're having trouble advancing.
          Last edited by DethStrike; 01-27-2021, 12:32 AM.

More time would have helped, I agree, Eternium2020 . As someone without a gaming background, I see after the fact that I didn't manage my time well. Plus, I went into it without enough recipes. I'm glad I saw a mention that Epic boxes work without recipes. That's how I got some key gear. You're right about that, Ozymandius.

I had very little experience with trials before the event because I don't enjoy them. That was a major problem. If I'd understood I'd score relevant gear and that CL points would help my hero in higher Trials, I wouldn't have spent so much time in story mode. I did read FAQs, but missed how CL points work. There's loads of information and my inexperience is vast. My weapons weren't strong enough, and my stats distribution was subpar.

Thanks to help here, I managed to reach T 77, and I'm now practicing Trials, stockpiling gems, and buying all the recipes to be better prepared. Of the target gear, I now have 4 ELR & the GM set, plus 2 Warlords and the Cleaver.

My biggest obstacle is getting to lvl 50 Crafting. Thanks to TheExorcist, I hunted down methods for speeding it up, but I have a low threshold for mind-numbing tedium. I tested the two methods I found of crafting low-level green or blue gear and checked xp to gold. Doing as much of that as I could stand in a couple sessions barely moved the meter. Difficult to imagine spending my limited free time doing that to lvl 50. I'm only lvl 22. I play for enjoyment, not to be bored out of my mind. Am I missing something about how to get over that hurdle?

TBH, I'm leery about Eternium and watching to see if players' concerns get addressed. I signed up for the release of Diablo mobile. I've never played it, but it looks fantastic and there are 5 hero types. Found the link while exploring Eternium on Reddit. I'm mystified why there are so many gear sets and options in Eternium with most of them so disadvantaged that nearly everyone plays the same gear and builds. To me, that lack of variety in effective options along with the problems with Warrior leeches potential fun out of a game that otherwise has a lot going for it. Also, I'm stuck with an old tablet in lockdown and the Eternium update is prone to crashing on this device. Based on the specs, Diablo Mobile might run better for me.

DethStrike, I saved your post. That's a huge help. I need to get a lot faster at gold runs to make the most of my time and the boosters. I'll practice your SM strategy. I'm running my Mage with max Gold CL and gear, and using my Warrior for XP. Practicing Trials with both.
        Last edited by Raingold; 01-28-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X