Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's all my friends Bronze ANB progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raingold
    replied
    More time would have helped, I agree, Eternium2020 . As someone without a gaming background, I see after the fact that I didn't manage my time well. Plus, I went into it without enough recipes. I'm glad I saw a mention that Epic boxes work without recipes. That's how I got some key gear. You're right about that, Ozymandius.

I had very little experience with trials before the event because I don't enjoy them. That was a major problem. If I'd understood I'd score relevant gear and that CL points would help my hero in higher Trials, I wouldn't have spent so much time in story mode. I did read FAQs, but missed how CL points work. There's loads of information and my inexperience is vast. My weapons weren't strong enough, and my stats distribution was subpar.

Thanks to help here, I managed to reach T 77, and I'm now practicing Trials, stockpiling gems, and buying all the recipes to be better prepared. Of the target gear, I now have 4 ELR & the GM set, plus 2 Warlords and the Cleaver.

My biggest obstacle is getting to lvl 50 Crafting. Thanks to TheExorcist, I hunted down methods for speeding it up, but I have a low threshold for mind-numbing tedium. I tested the two methods I found of crafting low-level green or blue gear and checked xp to gold. Doing as much of that as I could stand in a couple sessions barely moved the meter. Difficult to imagine spending my limited free time doing that to lvl 50. I'm only lvl 22. I play for enjoyment, not to be bored out of my mind. Am I missing something about how to get over that hurdle?

TBH, I'm leery about Eternium and watching to see if players' concerns get addressed. I signed up for the release of Diablo mobile. I've never played it, but it looks fantastic and there are 5 hero types. Found the link while exploring Eternium on Reddit. I'm mystified why there are so many gear sets and options in Eternium with most of them so disadvantaged that nearly everyone plays the same gear and builds. To me, that lack of variety in effective options along with the problems with Warrior leeches potential fun out of a game that otherwise has a lot going for it. Also, I'm stuck with an old tablet in lockdown and the Eternium update is prone to crashing on this device. Based on the specs, Diablo Mobile might run better for me.

DethStrike, I saved your post. That's a huge help. I need to get a lot faster at gold runs to make the most of my time and the boosters. I'll practice your SM strategy. I'm running my Mage with max Gold CL and gear, and using my Warrior for XP. Practicing Trials with both.
    Last edited by Raingold; 01-28-2021, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chairmannone
    commented on 's reply
    mostly TL105, 6 fury lily build

• DethStrike
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I agree with the Oz man. And if you do happen to be at a stopgap as far as progression goes, there is a simple fix that anyone can accomplish, regardless of skill or practice. For 10 (50%), 25 (100%), or 75 (200%) gems you can purchase one of the three currency boosters, and walk your gimpy butt to Act 1-10, The Severed Mountain. Here you can run this moments long level over and over and over, until your will breaks under weight of excessive coin. It has an incredible rate of gold gain for an average run of 10-15 seconds at first. Once you get into a flow and start spawning close to the boss, the run times will shrink to as little as 4-5 seconds.

You should only need to buy one booster, early on, at most, as the ANB stretch goals come with tons of boosters as you play, for any needed future runs.

Before you do a gold run, make sure and push as many CL's as you can into gold gain, and craft at least uncommon (green) gear with Gold gain on each piece. If you have the means, make Blue gear for impactful pieces, such as Boots/Pants (movement speed), Weapons (damage), etc. 4 - 10+ (I was getting 12mil or so my last run with around 3850% gold gain) million gold per half hour (depending upon which booster you use) is extremely doable with reasonable gold gain on every piece of gear, and eventually on a spare set of rings and necklaces. As you farm, reinvest into better gold gear to speed the process along.

Now that you have a ton of gold and also a bit of scrapped material, go to town and buy the 25K Basic Resource Crates till your finger falls off. Convert all those essences into the larger essences you need, and viola. The gear you needed is now craft able.

I would guess I bought around 220+ of these crates in this past Bronze ANB, at a mere 5mil gold or so, it's the best early 20-30 minutes you can spend, if you're having trouble advancing.
    Last edited by DethStrike; 01-27-2021, 12:32 AM.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Even a newbie should be able to craft a full gear set of Epics using the e-box rewards. I was able to run through TL60 using only Epic gear pieces before crafting my first Legendary gear.

• Eternium2020
    commented on 's reply
    what trial did u farm and get those.

• Eternium2020
    commented on 's reply
    The grind is real, but i know some players that is new to the game but already having a hard time in AnB so most of them cant pass T40+ because they don't have recipe and their craftinf is not lvl50 and some doesnt even know what AnB is but some of them know how it works but since the drop rate is change most of them doesnt like the changes because they say it is already tough for them to get high trials and the amount of event time that the game provide is less, i hope devs increase the event timer for first timer playing AnB will be good. and can only happen for new players/account. What i see here is that majority of the new players doesnt seem to care read the information that the game provided to them they just start and make an event hero, and whats more they want all their skills to lvl10 and have a decent items when it is clearly AnB they dont understand. hoping for more information and pop up that explains it for like 10-15secs or more and will not be removed until 10-15secs counting is done. so they can read how the event works.

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    Thnk wazoo! Was thinking it was harder to play on my i-pad. But it seem to be ez enough.
    Edit; harder then playing SW

• Grand_Wazoo
    commented on 's reply
    Nice job Turgeon.

• Stusmith50
    replied
    I made it into a top 100 leaderboard position (TL 133) on my mage, and completed the event with 1500 gems more than I started with.
    The new drops make the game really dull though. It just makes the grinding go so slowly! Wish the Devs would actually take part in the events to see what the results of their changes are.

Leave a comment:

• Chairmannone
    replied
    Finished ANB with an amazingly crazy 5 pieces of lvl 77 gear:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DethStrike
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Turgeon I was greedy for the Exp/Gold medal lol. I also thought it was going to be a lot rougher with the new drop rate, so I spent more upfront than necessary on the 100 gem crate, and spent too much time farming. I thought I was going to be buying 7-8 million+ in 50K crates.

In the end though I spent what I knew I'd make back by the end of the ANB. If I'd gone for an extra healer early on, or a few 200% EXP boosters, I'd probably have made top 10, but I never imagined I'd get that close. Besides another Haste medal is not exciting.

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    For the moment im focusing on DH to gear my gold toon When shield warrior will becom3 viable again ill give it a try again

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    You did pretty well you too with a bit more gem but u finished way higher. Congratz to you!

• DethStrike
    commented on 's reply
    That's fantastic!

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    Thnk men. Im very suprised by my result too!
Working...
X