Accidentally spent all of my gems on necklaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidentally spent all of my gems on necklaces

Hello, I had a little over 500 gems saved up, and I had begun to craft necklaces. Normally everything costs gold to craft so I had no clue what was about to happen to me. Decided to specialize in haste, spammed craft to then merge all of my necklaces together. I had no clue that I was using gems to do this until it notified me that I didn’t have enough gems to proceed in crafting more. Is there any way I could have my 500 gems back? I’ve made a huge mistake and this is very disheartening. Thank you.

No im sry for you but your not the first one to do that. You wont have your gem back but take it as a lesson. We all did mistake some bigger then other haha always be carefull bfre doing anything

Comment

Not a fun lesson, but you'll recover the gems -- have you completed story mode? The daily quests after you complete it will give you 100 gems a day.

Comment

Erm... crafting necklaces costs gold and not gems... am i missing something? Are you talking about gemstones, not red gems for currency?
        Attached Files

Comment

• kurtcabage
          kurtcabage commented
          Editing a comment
          yes you miss one...
          if you click that "Random Attribute" and change it to any other attribute, for example : haste or power
          then the cost will be switch to gems

• Beercules
          Beercules commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooohhh, i see. Yes, i think i remember trying that at the very beginning, realized it cost gems, decided it was worthless, then blocked it from my memory forever

WastedGems I feel your pain, but there's not much to do, but to learn from it and know we've all wasted gems before learning to read before doing anything in this game. A couple of months ago I unlocked a skill learning slot and paid follower on a character that I was gems with, by running story mode. I was tired and I thought I was on my ANB character, and worse yet, the gem farmer was a day or 2 from being being deleted for a new throwaway toon. It was a costly lesson in caution, but not one I've forgotten.

Comment

I've done this with reforging and suddenly 2k gems have disappeared. It's a painful lesson.

Comment

• DethStrike
            DethStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            Good gods that too... When I think about how painstakingly have I plan each ANB to rank competitively while spending only the minimum of gems I can afford, versus the thousands of gems I've tossed into the Void for _______ reason, it makes me cringe.

Could probably cover legendary crates in the next 4 Gold ANB's, which resultantly I won't be able to afford, with the difference.
            Last edited by DethStrike; 02-16-2021, 03:58 PM.

• Benedicto
            Benedicto commented
            Editing a comment
            This was also my experience during an ANB. I have to reforge my exp stat on my 2 level 77 gear before the final push, that day was so unlucky that even P, V, AR, or H didn't appear that I spent almost 3k gems. Unforgettable.

• DethStrike
            DethStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            Benedicto An absolute tragedy in the waiting for each of us, every ANB. New nightmare fuel for this evening, good.

Fully unlocking all 3 classes before I knew that ANB's existed, or how many gems they save you... That had to cost a pretty penny. A cost I refuse to look into for fear of spontaneously weeping.

Comment

• RAFERS102
            RAFERS102 commented
            Editing a comment
            I once spent 15-20k gems in an AnB. That was brutal.

• DethStrike
            DethStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh man this is a hilarious and miserable run down memory lane. If I haven't pointed out the potential for my paste brain potential enough, in my first months, I misread that sockets should be applied after Celestials, and added 5 sockets to my Stalker gear after applying my first 4 celestial orbs. 2 of these items, including the chest piece that I added 2 sockets to, were level 76. Dethstrike is still wearing the 76's, because I feel I have to get my $$$'s worth before acknowledging my mistakes lol. Mic drop...
            Last edited by DethStrike; 02-16-2021, 04:55 PM.

RAFERS102 haha i spent i think 300gems or more but i did know that im spending my gems since i want to make a critical damage necklace since when i craft random it gives the life on hit and i dont know that time what those do my focus is critical damage, power, and rating haha

Comment

• RAFERS102
            RAFERS102 commented
            Editing a comment
            For Crit Damage, you're best to use the J-boxes as trying to get 60% Jewlery is a pain in the arse.

No need to spend gems if you've got 2-3 hours and a few million to kill, you can set yourself up with enough rings & necklaces to make 2 sets of CR/ABI/HAS/VIT/POW (only 89-90), CD (59.6%-60%), LOH (355-360), Armor (178-180) in whatever combinations you desire. As a bonus, you be able to craft perfect gold find, or EXP/EG/?/? jewelery for your trial grinding warrior, as a bi-product of your search for near perfection.

Stash space, requisite storage slaves and Brilliant Gemstones not included of course. Nor is the patience required included, nor the ability to stay focused after perusing your 100th page of useless crap, even though you only need 2 more 90's to complete your set, and it seems like hours since your last one. Possible side effects include carpal tunnel, arthritis, paranoia, blurry/watery eyes, and strong desire to smash something, just to break the monotony. Smashed items may or may not be digital in nature, and we are not responsible for any such loss, including but not limited to: deleted items, misclicked gem purchases, disemboweled mouse, cracked touchscreen, well meaning but nonetheless wounded room mate or family member, who was only responding to what sounded like anguished cries for help, or damage of a sato masochistic nature. Any messages resembling those of the subliminal type are merely coincidental, and if found, do not represent our views or reflect intent or policy in any way. Thank you for shopping with easy to acquire gold....... brought to you by GEMS! "The Smart Choice" . Use Gems Instead, Use Gems Instead, Use Gems Instead, so easy so fun, Use Gems Instead, Use Gems Instead, Use Gems Instead, so easy so fun, Use Gems Instead, Use Gems Instead, Use Gems Instead, SO EASY SO FUN!!! USE GEMS INSTEAD!!!
          Last edited by DethStrike; 02-17-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Tin Man
            Tin Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, there are reasons to use gems. Tis a much more expensive route but sometimes is worth it.

How long have you been a practicing lawyer?

• DethStrike
            DethStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            Tin Man With gems jettisoning from the account via my own stupidity I decided to finally knock out the Bar Exam with all my free time... thank you Covid. Turns out no Earthly litigation proved effective against the Void Law practiced in this plane of Eternium, so I was left with little recourse, beyond mitigating the hemorrhage first hand.

Thusly, no gems were spent on frivolous pursuits, such as the purchase of specific jewelry pieces with my precious fleeting stock of said premium currency. I've resigned myself to taking the broken cobblestone path of gold and and time, in lieu of the unquestionably more efficient gem paved freeway. Such is the plight of the gempoverished legal practitioner, powerless to change the code of law in this jurisdiction.
            Last edited by DethStrike; 02-17-2021, 12:52 PM.

RAFERS102
          commented
          Today, 09:57 PM
          "For Crit Damage, you're best to use the J-boxes as trying to get 60% Jewlery is a pain in the arse."

Absolutely true, but I just crafted a 121.2% Crit Damage ring (32 quality of course, rather than 16 as I used a full row of CD), and a max CD 121.3% ring, simultaneously. The "perfect" (for CD) ring used 3 custom boxes, as I had plenty and had already spent an hour or two today crafting damnable rings for this project. The second used 1 Custom Box, and then 60%/60%/59% & 60%/59%/59% Crit Damage rings for the 2nd and 3rd rares.

Yes, those are still super high rolls, but not quite as brutal as spending 2 more hours getting 3 more 60% rings for the extra 0.1%. I'll take the 2089.5% Sheet Crit Damage over 2089.6% for the trade off of my remaining sanity, and another grueling session at the Jeweler, lol. I missed a point of Power on the lesser ring as well somehow, but no matter... a small sacrifice for the ability to log out 2 hours earlier with my mission, very nearly, accomplished in full

That said, you're still 100% correct, and I'm definitely not at your tier of player, so no argument at all. I just only have so much patience, and this game stretches it to it's very breaking point!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2021-02-17-14-28-44-530.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	149.1 KB ID:	192958

I've openly discussed my rookie error 4 months ago when I CT'd those 76's, but damn it's sad having these pictures as a visual reminder of my newb foolishness... So much work to go on this poor gal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2021-02-17-14-28-57-660.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	146.9 KB ID:	192959
          Last edited by DethStrike; 02-17-2021, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• RAFERS102
            RAFERS102 commented
            Editing a comment
            100% agree you don't need 60% Jewlery. Same goes for 45% EG, however I still bloody get hung up on that. I'm now hung up on the 70% EG on items as well. Maybe I've got some issues.

• DethStrike
            DethStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            I understand fully. Funny how this game is custom fit to exploit & punish those issues lol.

DethStrike , I've been there many years ago when I got hung up on crafting perfect Jewlery. Hours and hours of boring grind of insanity and loads of gold (gold not such a problem). I'm in a lucky position now to have a nice stash of boxes. I've just started using them as I was running out of space.
          Attached Files

Comment

• DethStrike
            DethStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            Very awesome I was stoked on the 10 or 11 I had, and pulled the trigger on the rings I've been wanting for some time. I had to cut some massive Ability to get down from the lofty and excessive 2400 I was at... to a more reasonable number. Pretty much nailed my target, at 1503 where it now sits, for which I am stoked! Only 1 green box of love left though lol.

-edit- So many BOL's, Boosters and Celestials, oh MY!
            Last edited by DethStrike; 02-17-2021, 10:54 PM.

• RAFERS102
            RAFERS102 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've also just put a picture up of somthing not many people have, a 70.2% Celestial Epic IM. Its my aim to have a full celestial EG set in the future......maybe.

• DethStrike
            DethStrike commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, how cool is that! You're right that's certainly a first for my eyes. And hells yeah, there can only be one first TRUE eg master of Eternium. I doubt anyone else has accomplished that rarified goal!

RAFERS102 Since I have your expertise present, mind telling me if my take/direction is functional? I'm focusing on getting CR/CD and POW up going forward. I feel like 2500 VIT was a solid stop gap (especially given the rough post update state of the game), which I'll re access down the road, and now I need to convert some of the VIT off my gear as I Celestial new 77's. I've been relying on my own intuition for several months and only really seeking help with the Warrior and Mage, just want to make sure I'm not stearing this squishy lady into Self Nerf Gulch. LOH has been intentionally raised recently, over last season, to compensate for my difficulties adjusting to Smoke Screen, as a long time Mag Trap faithful idiot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BH stats 1 of 2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	121.4 KB ID:	192970

Click image for larger version  Name:	BH Stats 2 of 2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	192971

Dodge looks about 500 points higher, due to Pvp shenanigans, but other than Nimble Fighter passive, everything should be my standard loadout. (Poison Ammo/Tracer Ammo)

I've been trying to use Discord for such advice, but one, I can never find responses, even after seeing a notification, and the logs lock up and crash, when I try to scroll too far on a given page. Plus my Eternium hates the Discord App and gets mercilously frozen and CTD'd after opening said app. I have to clear cache and reboot my PC every time I use Discord before I can reliably run Eternium again. So it's obviously an understandable pain... Anyway, thanks mighty Rafe, for any advice or even a nod

P.S. The Discord issue is consistent with many other games and many other users, since starting with Windows 10 installed on my new PC 2 years ago. When I had used the Windows 7 to 10 conversion, on an older PC, something mysterious happened, best described as legacy territoriality. As my Windows account and all of my everything is linked up, there is some deep code conflict where some apps still think I have Windows 7 running, and when contacting the OS using the wrong... version I guess (It's so confusing), it flags the game as Malware and crashes the game for my "safety", causing a myriad of other confounding issues as well. I had to stop playing 7 Days to Die, Empyrion Galactic Survival and many other games, for over 2 years until very recently, (found a mostly effective workaround for all of them but Eternium lol) as it was so bad.
          Last edited by DethStrike; 02-17-2021, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X