No announcement yet.

1.5.41 - ...and an Armory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the new update. Had a gold miner already set up so made it one slot, then decided I wanted to make a change but can't figure out how to replace a piece of gear or skill. Also, how do you delete a saved setup if you no longer want it filling a slot?

Comment

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      You're entirely welcome.

• mooredc54
      mooredc54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I suspect you jut remove all of the items and change the slot name to " - Unused - ".

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      This sort of works, but it's not quite the same - once you equip something and save it into a previously empty slot, the colours change, and just emptying/saving a slot won't reverse that change.

FYI ... As of May 1st 2021 there are still several armory bugs: One item I crafted it says it is not in my inventory or stash. I also lost track of a few gem stones and one item I added a socket to is no longer socketed. Problems appear to be related to new items [two were crafted, and I was luck enough to find a pretty good item drop]. It loses sockets and gemstones when I get to the slot I want to save it to, it does appear normal in "Current Set". Prior to adding new items it seemed to work OK, needless to say I will not save my garbled set items to any slot. Please Beware.
    Last edited by mooredc54; 05-02-2021, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mooredc54 View Post
      FYI ... As of May 1st 2021 there are still several armory bugs: One item I crafted it says it is not in my inventory or stash. I also lost track of a few gem stones and one item I added a socket to is no longer socketed. Problems appear to be related to new items [two were crafted, and I was luck enough to find a pretty good item drop]. It loses sockets and gemstones when I get to the slot I want to save it to, it does appear normal in "Current Set". Prior to adding new items it seemed to work OK, needless to say I will not save my garbled set items to any slot. Please Beware.
      Hmm... haven't seen any other reports about issues with items reverting/disappearing due to Armory use... although they could have been reported via other means (email, discord, etc.) I suppose

So I think it could be due to incorrect assumption of how the Armory works... hopefully the below can help clarify...

1. The Armory is purely used to save which items, companions & abilities you have equipped. It does not "store" the items in any way.
      Meaning, that you still need to have room in your stash/inventory for ALL of the items you have saved for the various presets. And make sure you don't accidentally salvage any of them...

2. When you switch Preset, the items you currently have equipped is simply swapped out for the respective item you have in the preset.
      eg. If you had your saved Chest piece in the Stash, then that will be swapped for the one you currently have equipped. If it's in your inventory, then that's where your equipped piece will go.

3. The Presets only save the item ID itself (think of it as a marker to that unique item)
      Adding sockets, putting gemstone into the socket, or changing skins doesn't change this unique ID.
      So, if you have saved an item with an Emerald socketed, and then went and switch it out for a Ruby - the saved preset will now show the item with the Ruby instead.

"Current Set" is simply what you currently have equipped, so all items should be the same as what you see in your Inventory screen.
      When you select a saved layout, you see what was saved originally, and is given the option to either:
      - [Save] <= Override it with whatever you currently have equipped, in another word: matching your "Current Preset" items
      - [Equip] <= Equip what was saved, swapping out what you have equipped as needed.

So, to avoid potential issues, the best way to use the Armory is have your items in your Stash, equip everything as you want, then save that, switch out what you want (again, from the Stash) and then save as another preset. When you want to update an existing one, best to go an "equip" it first, and then update and re-save over it again...

These sort of issues could probably be solved if they add a marker or lock to items that have been saved, and/or prevents selling/salvaging...
      Eternium Files - links and details - 04 February 2021 - v1.5.3x changes: Ability Rate formula changed to: AR / ( 2xAR + 1500 )

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• mooredc54
        mooredc54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Nhat,

Thank you much for your explanation and help.

I considered much of what you have said prior to my original posting. I removed all my new items and put them into stash [new #2 stash if it matters]. Then I exited the game and restarted it and added them back to my character. Again I could see them correctly under the Current set properly, but when I went to the set I wanted to save them to my named slot, new items were garbled [missing, lost sockets, and lost gem stones]. All items were either new or freshly socketed or recently had gemstone changed.

PS: I am using most Current release of Windows 10 and version 1.5.42 of Eternium.

Thanks,
        - Dave

• Nhat
        Nhat commented
        Editing a comment
        mooredc54 hmm... sounds almost like all you need to do is press [Save] to update your named slot... or do you mean they were different even after you pressed [Save]?

As mentioned, when you reselect an existing preset, it shows the old items that you saved there, plus any changes that may have happened to those specific items... You'll need to press [Save] to save your Current Preset to the slot you want - overriding what was there...

I sort of fear hitting save under my custom gear, I am afraid I will lose my new items, sockets, ... permanently. You might very well be correct, I just do not want to risk it. I can wait until a couple new releases come out.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        Changing your a load out doesn't affect the gear itself - it only affects which gear is equipped.
    Working...
    X