Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the chained/padlocked treasure chests make any sense at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the chained/padlocked treasure chests make any sense at all?

Hi,

I've been playing Eternium since mid November '20.
    In the very early days I could have used one MoT or one Nightcloth, but hadn't really collected enough Gems (a few hundred) to feel I could afford it.

Nowadays I do have enough Gems (currently about 15000), but can get everything in those chests easily "for free" by repeatedly running Trials somewhere in the 80+ region, so feel that opening one of those chests would simply be wasteful.

IS there a use for those chests that I simply can't see, or are they just "tourist traps", designed to separate unwary passers-by from their hard-earned Gems?
    Last edited by Medamanaman; 04-08-2021, 05:53 PM.

The one case I can think of where they are useful is if you haven't unlocked a recipe yet and that item appears in one of those chests. I opened one outside anb that had a firelily before I had that recipe unlocked, and in anb they can be a source of BoMs for players who don't have the recipe yet with the advantage that you can check to see what bonus the BoM has before commiting to opening the chest.

Comment

There was a point early on where i felt like they were a total waste... and, i still generally feel that way haha

i agree with splendor though, they are def helpful if you find something you havent purchased the recipe for yet. Or, for finding the right BoM, even when the stats are trash.

I will add that there is one other good use for a free-to-play player like me - ever since drops were nerfed, these chests help during anbs to get decent gear early on without having to buy extra crafting kits, etc right away. If you have any sort of surplus of gems, buying one or two of these chests when you are at very low levels isnt so expensive... having rare or better items when the only thing being dropped is common or uncommon can be useful, then you get a bit of salvage out of it after
      Last edited by Beercules; 04-09-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X