Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's our dear friends gold Anb progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's our dear friends gold Anb progress?

i dunno wat i'm doin
    but i like it. its fun fun fun
    still at a very early stage i'm afraid
    step by step playin
    i still have a very bad habit: try to play mage like a shield warrior
    if later stuck somewhere: will surely seek assistance from our lovely mages out there
    have a nice day
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 04-26-2021, 03:59 AM.
    Honest playin with Low end Pc
    Shield warrior lover Trial 139 (Final Destination? Ohh for heaven's sake I'm not sure)

Grandson, you are missing some key things.

Frost Nova is pretty much useless unless you have the complete GMC set and are doing Thermal Shock. Dump Frost Nova and use Blizzard until you have the GMC set.

Arc Lightning is pretty much useless at level 6. Dump the Arc Lightning until it is a higher level. Run with Fireball and Frostbolt. Fireball is great for lower-level mobs since it affects groups. Frostbolt is what you want to use against individual enemies.

I feel that Arc Lightning and Immolate are the first two abilities that you should get to level 10 for the bonuses. Arc Lightning just because the bonuses at level 10 impact everything. Immolate because that is from where the majority of the Thermal Shock damage comes. Get those two up to level 10 as a priority.

Isn't it magical?

Update: Thanks to Bojck for the open mouth and insert leg moment. Immolate is not the major source of damage for Thermal Shock. I knew that and forgot. Having all primary abilities up to level 7+ is not a big issue. I like to have Arc Lightning, Immolate and Frost Beam up to level 10 before thinking about XP farming in trials to slice through things like butter. I readily run three unlocked ability upgrade slots though. Taking the third ability to level 10 when you have only two unlocked upgrade slots goes relatively quickly once you start clearing trials in less than 1:30 as you are farming XP. For that initial XP farming? I focus on the mob phase rather than the boss and that means Thermal Shock over beam.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 04-26-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I second what Tin Man wrote above. Regarding immolate - at level 10 its range (area) is increased a lot, so you debuff more enemies and deal more damage to them (check the description). Thermal shock damage from immolate is negligible, but the debuff is quite important. That said, you don't want to end up with frostbeam level 1 and immo level 10, so level up your beam :P

Btw Vial of wind spirit works great while leveling to 70, if you don't have shatter (GMC weapons).

Meanwhile I'm happy with my fastest leveling to 70 so far - just under 7 minutes : ) Bought a legendary crate and coffee this time, which helped cut another minute. Last ANBs I used 2-3 50 gem crates and an MoT crate for 150 gems, but in Gold I loosened the purse...
      Mage: Anba

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        If you do not use your dailies until after hitting level 70? The 100k gold is okay but the instant CL 50 is nicer.

Not talking about the benefits of holding them until after level 70 though. Talking about the fastest possible time to level 70. Surely getting to level 10 while only completing story level 1 must help a bit with that.

To answer the question? You finish story level 1 at just into level 2 and burn 42 seconds or less. Go into the nice relaxing ability upgrade mode while collecting your Thursday and Friday dailes which gets you to just shy of level 7. Continue cooking your abilities until 00:00 GMT and cash in the Saturday dailes to get you above level 10.

The days are based upon GMT so those in the United States would actually be the dailies for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday instead. Should knock a minute off your progress and get you sub-6 minutes. Please, do not make me pursue this rabbit hole. Besides, I suck!

I believe it is possible to clear level 70 within the first 24 hours of the ANB and do it in under 5 minutes. Would be pricey but doable. Any takers?

• bojck
        bojck commented
        Editing a comment
        that's an interesting problem : ) If a fast 70 is the main goal, and you have the whole event, sub 5 minutes is totally doable. Of course there's a good chance to find an awful map which takes 1:30 and it will all go down the drain

So theoretically you'd do the first level and use the first 3 (4?) batches to get to level 10. That's 29 sec in my best runs. That leaves 4:30 for trials 1-7. That's 30 seconds faster than what it took me this time, but if you craft ELR gear, IM and better jewelry it should be totally doable. Then you'd have to sit for 3-4 more days to collect the next dailies. To do it in 24 hours you'd have to do trials 8 and 9... Also probably you'll be short of level 10 from the first dailies so you'd have to shatter and TP 1-2 times at story level 2

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        The numbers do not lie. Three days' worth of dailes gets you from level 2 to level 10. Actually gets a partway to level 11. Six minutes should be a no-brainer for you. Five minutes would mean everything goes right and costs a boat load.

I'm stuck at 125. I do not think I will reach 130. it is very difficult. Maybe the ranking should have been assigned to player categories. for example the old players who bring a lot of medals. they had to be in a different classification, logically and we can not compete with them

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Only two medals greatly assist the most important part of the clearing TL 130. Those medals are the XP/EG booster and Life on Hit booster. The experience booster levels you up noticeably faster at lower levels where each piece has less than 1% experience boost. The Life on Hit means you can ignore adding Life on Hit to any pieces for the entire run up to level 70. Yes, the Power boost medal is incredible at lower levels but so is just leveling up your attacks.

The biggest thing is, as multiple players have said multiple times, being patient and go through the boring grind of trials that are completed in definitely less than 1:30 and less than 1:00 is even better. Do not even think about pushing trials that take longer until you are CL 1900+. You can not use another player's pushing gear as a guide how they got to level of being able to push. You have to look at the player's gear that are at TL 105 and clearing in less that 1:30 and have CLs in the 1500+ range. They could easily clear TL 120 or TL 130 with just CL 900. They are still hanging out at TL 105 for one very important reason. More CLs is the best past to success.

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        +! to what Tin Man says. Keep your trial completion times low and grind all the XP that you can. Beginners tend to push too soon.

The oxen are slow, but the Earth is patient...

• .sad.soul.
        .sad.soul. commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the quote from an old Tom Selleck film Ozy, I use it regularly. Nice one!

I tried the air vial. I think it has a better result. After I managed less time with one minute
      Click image for larger version

Name:	οθόνης 2021-04-26 171810.png
Views:	302
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	196473

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW, I forgot to add that it is entirely possible to clear CL 1900 with absolutely zero medals during Gold.

There is not a whole lot that you can do to improve this ANB with only 40 minutes left on your event timer.

Keep in mind that being able to consistently XP farm TL 105 with XP gear means that you are only two trial runs away from TL 130 with the XP gear and beating TL 130 with XP gear is entirely possible.

Not only does focusing on XP farming trials quickly get your more CLs but it also gets you more crafting materials, gold and gemstones. That means being able to craft pushing gear and pushing jewelry. Is an incredible amount of grinding and annoying but the results speak for themselves.

Your options are either listen and figure out how to consistently hit CL 1900+ or figure out how to beat the trial levels you want with less CLs. Reaching Cl 1900+ is probably the easier option.

• lefteria
        lefteria commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks. in the next nba. I will try this method. in it as you say. I understand that I can not do much with 40 minutes of time. unless the server loves me.

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a very important thing that you can do right now before it is too late. Look at the Top 100 and check out the players with 1:30 or less clearing times. Look at what they are doing and what equipment they have. Everything below TL 110 has already disappeared. There are still some farming heroes there. One has CL 1968 and cleared TL 110 in 1:35. Take a look at what is involved. Do not wait. Check now before the information is lost because they have pushed.

i'm very happy
      although i'm still not good in Mage style of playin
      there are many friends (Mages or others who are very familiar with mage style of playin) who are so kind to give their assistance
      if i'm a Whirlwind Shield warrior who i'm goin to seek guidance?
      For heaven's sake! there's just me, Turgeon and one or two other stooges left?
      as if we the very few still cling on to it just for fun sake. Not incline to the LB at all (well i haven't seen any SW manage to break the barrier: which is trial 140). haha
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 04-26-2021, 04:14 PM.
      Honest playin with Low end Pc
      Shield warrior lover Trial 139 (Final Destination? Ohh for heaven's sake I'm not sure)

Comment

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        Didnt see any sw at 141+ since the nerf of alacrity and ability rate

Burned through 50+ MoT trying for Legendary Frost Beam BoM. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. I had only 2 MoT left and had to settle for Epic Frost Beam, yeah! Now I'm gonna farm until I get another buttload of MoT to attempt another batch of BoM.

I did get a 77 Immolate (495% woot!), so I CT'd that. That makes 3 77 BoM (Arc Lightning, Fireball and Immolate) in my collection. You never know when one of them becomes the next mage Meta.

Comment

Unlike all the rabbits zipping around, it took me 30 minutes to reach level 70. A new speed record for me. Also got to TL90 in 3 hrs, another record for me. Playing BH in Gold since it was only hero type who still hadn't unlocked BoM recipe. And while I'll never set any speed ot highest trial records, I do get lucky crafting, sometimes.

Name:	Screenshot_20210424-113312_Eternium.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	196493Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210425-143354_Eternium.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	196494
        Now if I can just eek out a win at TL110 so I can keep them both.

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          But does not the turtle win the race?

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice dude. Youll get to 110 ez with bh. Real ez until 130 135. Then you need some skill haha.

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on those primo crafts! You are some kind of speed demon; I am still only about 45 minutes into this event.

So far my anb Gold is pretty decent. I'm doing this anb on a budget since I blew most of my gems on silver, all I bought to start were 3 50 gem crates, a 200 gem MoT crate, 100 gem crafting crate, 50 gems worth of gold, all basic unlocks, 1 extra upgrade slot, and a Maggie. My main goal for this event was to see how I would do with no leg crate in Gold. I actually took my time upgrading skills and waiting for dailies while leveling to 70 but I don't have bojck's patience so I only collected 3 sets on my way and got a modest time of 10:40 to 70. My cl milestones have been a little slower than Silver, but only by a few minutes, and considering I bought a leg crate in Silver I'll consider that a good result. My crafting luck has been pretty bad this anb, took almost 2 dozen crafts to get an epic beam BoM, my weapon crafting has been just short of cursed, and with fewer resources (again due to no leg crate) I had to be careful to craft all my important enchantments before blowing all my resources on gear. I tried using the ephemeral necklace for push this time with 900 LoH (as I mentioned previously I'm going for a more defensive/recovery based build this time) and crafted 2 push rings. In the future in Gold I plan to use 2 ephemeral jewelry pieces for push and to only craft 1. Crafting 2 was too expensive in terms of gemstones and in the end I only managed to craft 1 ring enchantment, instead of the 2 I wanted, due to lack of gemstones. I have achieved 1910+ cls, so from an exp standpoint this has been a successful anb. Most of my push gear and upgrades are done and I've done a soft push to Trial 140. I was hoping to unlock several trials (as I did at 115, 125, 130, and 135) but I messed up and let kara get an armor buff while ToP and Slayer were procced which probably cost me a minute and at least 1 extra tl unlock. For now I'm getting my synergy to at least 130 (it's 128 now), finishing up getting some key skills to 10, and waiting for gems to add a final socket or 2 to gear. I still have a good chunk of time left and I'm thinking 148 might be my goal this anb, having no leg crate cost me the most important resource in Gold anb (time) so my 150-1 goal isn't realistic this time. Looking forward to a relaxing bronze where I plan to play on an even smaller budget and run story mode to DC after hitting 70. If you're still reading my ramblings I'll add for your amusement that I made the biggest newb mistake possible this anb and used a ct before socketing Trying to play so fast (which I always seem to do) definitely leads to some mistakes

Comment

Nice start for me...currently farming XP at trial 100 and at 1225ish CL. Still 3 hours to go.
          Got very lucky with my crafts. Lvl 77 Frostfire belt and lvl 75 BoM (Beam) both at the first attempt. Glad I won't have to spend a lot of ressource on it.
          Usually I don't CT lvl 75 items but I might do an exception with the bracer since it's better than my main and so expensive to craft.

Name:	Lvl77sash.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	196509

Name:	Lvl75BOM.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	196510

Name:	ANBgold.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	196511

Comment

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            that sure is some good crafting luck : ) You could wait til all gear is crafted before CT-ing, but this bracer is pretty awesome already

• Grand_Wazoo
            Grand_Wazoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks ... I haven't used a celestial transform on anything yet just in case ... but it's tempting.

• Splendor
            Splendor commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, that bracer is the stuff dreams are made of

I just can't resist the allure of another ANB. Still playing around with FireLily 6pc Fury Warrior. I tried, but even using a level 200+ XP booster, SP on all gear, and crafting replacement gear about every 5-10 levels it still takes me around 20 minutes to hit level 70. Here are my heroes at the 30 minute mark:

Name:	Sparrow 30mins.png
Views:	256
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	196524

Name:	Swann 30mins.png
Views:	283
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	196523

I will probably push the purple e-box gear to see how far I can get in a shorter event. I can always change strategy if I get bored, but I really like the Storm of Swords and WW Tornadoes abilities. My only legendary level 70 craft to this point was to upgrade the FireLily that I crafted back at level 2, so I could pull more XPs. Swann's boots were a lucky drop. Once I hit trial 70, I will jettison the level 2 VoWS for Talisman of Power and add Belt of Whirling Storm.

Comment

This three day wait for Whirlwind and Leap level 10 is painful beyond belief

Comment

• Ozymandius
              Ozymandius commented
              Editing a comment
              I admire your patience, however, you can still run trials or story maps to get Books of Learning to speed up your ability upgrades.

• Benedicto
              Benedicto commented
              Editing a comment
              My style is to upgrade only one skill to level 10 which is the most important, then the other slot is below 9, so that if I farm for exp and get GBoLs, it makes the upgrade faster than wait for 72 hours.

Completed the first hour of the event. Quickly pushed up to TL70 to get all of the e-boxes and ephemeral jewelry, then farmed TL70 for XP and materials. The hunt for Mithril has been devastatingly slow, but thus far I have managed to keep myself from buying the Legendary Crafter's Crate. Swann has crafted 6 pieces of gear and Sparrow has crafted 5 pieces. Swann has been luckier with crafting a level 75 Cleaver and a level 74 Belt of Whirling Storm, so her best time at TL70 is 2 seconds faster than Sparrow, whose top crafts were a level 75 Fire Lily and level 74 Talisman of Power. Sparrow has more CLs, though that will not last once Swann gets to level 10 on Leap and Whirlwind sometime tomorrow. Sparrow, who started a day later, is still cooking level 9 abilities on WW and Leap.

Name:	Sparrow 1hr.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	196546Click image for larger version

Name:	Swann 1hr.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	196547
            The second hour will most likely start by going back to run Story Mode for the two additional free companions and maybe farming some more gold along the way. Then, I plan to push them both up to TL80 to see if I can get luckier with salvaging Mithril, so I can craft better weapons.

Comment

I just did a ridiculously good 149 run and will skip 150

Apparently I'm not the only one though, looking at the other mages' times... Looks like a lot of people will be aiming for 154+. Still 2:22:21 remaining for that last part of the push, so hope things work out

Name:	149 Garm 5_41.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	196571
              Mage: Anba

Comment

• limai
                limai commented
                Editing a comment
                i forget tell you that I'm chinafff

• bojck
                bojck commented
                Editing a comment
                Good job! I should've left some event time for Monday (to do 156 faster instead of trying 157), but wanted to finish the event and have the rest of the weekend free How is your season going, have you pushed after the ladder reset?

• limai
                limai commented
                Editing a comment
                this season is boring,i do not want to try anything,Looking forward to next season

Sat out the last few ANBs... The main reward is the CTs and level 77 items take so long to craft that my stash was piling up with unused CTs. Also, with the drop nerf it seems you pretty much have to purchase legendary crates to craft much of anything and without a way to farm gems anymore I did not want to blow through what few gems I had saved up. Figured I'd play this one though. I knew all the warriors would be carbon copy 4 warlord/2 fury build so I decided to play defender build. It's fun but ANB does use a lot of gems (at least for impatient people like me)
              DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

Working...
              X