Best Place to Farm Gems (NOT gemstones)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Place to Farm Gems (NOT gemstones)

So I've been farming Darkhold Citadel for gold and noticing that a few gemstones drop but no gems. Like... ever. I imagine this is by design since it's such a heavily farmed map location for gold. I notice I get some decent gem drops in trials and I'm curious if there is a better story mode map that drops gems and can also be decent for other farming (either mats or gemstones). But I'm looking to make gems (the currency) the top priority so I can buy currency boosters and expand inventory slots, save up for ANB events, etc.

What has proven to be the best go-to spot for gem farming and what character class / setup tends to be the most efficient?

I notice Siege of Anderhelm seems to drop a lot of gems. Just after writing this post I got 4 gems in one run and often get 2 or more pretty often.
    Last edited by Bellagiofan; 06-15-2021, 01:27 AM.

Dropped gem is based per time and a max in a day if im not wrong. If you want more gem then you need to do five star story mode. With warrior and his leap its kinda fast!

Comment

• Bellagiofan
      Bellagiofan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I completed all the story modes already, I didn't realize there was a timer cap on gems. Is there some sort of official video or documentation that goes over gem drop rates and variables? I tried digging in the forums and came up empty.

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Tin Man by my experience last week bfr end of season was trying to fill my gem bank i ve remark that after 200 or something near that. Gem stopped to drop. Its why i think there is a limit per day or per week dunno. Maybe Travis could answer the right thing haha

My experience with this is that Map 55 (The Underworld) is the generally the 'best' yield (though it can be time consuming).

Also - crates and barrels oh my! There are gems 'hidden' in many crates and barrels - again - it can be incredibly time consuming kicking every crate and barrel along the way - but ... a gem here, a gem there.

... KTB

Comment

As Turgeon said, warriors are the best to use in gem farming with leap, next is BH with Smokescreen. Also Teebs is correct that there are gems hidden in kicking barrels. But timewise it is more efficient to clear the story mode rather than relying on luck to run a specific map repetitively that you already completed hoping for gem drops, just why not use those time for other maps that you still haven't cleared yet for assured gem per run?
      Edit: If you want to farm gold and gems at the same time (also salvageable gear), I use ELR mage + GMC to clear story mode. I invested in crafting a whole rare farming gear with EG and AR as stats, run story mode and use shatter to kill all mobs that I pass through. Altough mages are the slowest to use in farming gems in story mode, you still have a chance to have dropped gems aside from the assured gem/s for clearing the map, and you will also collect the gold, crafting materials and gear
      Last edited by Benedicto; 06-15-2021, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I always bring the AnB toon home and farm story mode (5stars) all worlds all levels before next AnB. Only ever played ELR GMC mage , but with a good set ,you get about 12- million gold as a bonus, without even using a booster. Very roughly that's about just under 500 (*3=1'500+ total) jewels, skiping Drachenfels and Temple and some circle-wave-spawn lvls. Still takes a few hours I suppose, but if you stretch it over a couple of days it's more bearable.....
        Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210615-194545.png
Views:	1563
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	198417
          P.S. If ELR use double shatter, not beam..
          Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)

Comment

Most players just save their ANB heroes to run story mode for the extra gems. Other than buying the 100 gems per day and running daily quests, it is the most reliable way to earn gems. Plus, it is less monotonous than running the same few maps over and over again.

Comment

5 star all story mode levels, delete that hero and repeat with a new one. Or as mentioned above, keep your AnB hero. Either way, it is a laborious task farming gems. Not something I have the slightest inclination to do anymore.
              Last edited by RAFERS102; 06-16-2021, 04:42 AM.

Comment

How often does AnB Bronze come around? I just recently missed it and I'm nervous to do silver/gold as my first so I'm waiting for the next bronze to come around.

Comment

• RockDoc
                  RockDoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Teebs, that is a big assumption for this game. Breaks in schedule are the norm and occur frequently so I'm guessing it might come later. But I may be wrong, again!

• Medamanaman
                  Medamanaman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you are wary of ANB Gold, why not use it to experiment a bit? Maybe you haven't tried out all three types of Heroes yet - get to know a new one via "speed dating". ;-)

• Bellagiofan
                  Bellagiofan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have all three types of heroes with completed storylines, but still haven't finished buying all the things that cost gems like inventory expansion and whatnot so my gem count's been a bit low until recently. I realize now that the most important advancements come from AnB's so I should have been starting them sooner. I have about 1300 gems atm. I just want to focus on getting those celestials and crafting a few 77s

How many gems do people usually invest in for each AnB?

Comment

• Bellagiofan
                  Bellagiofan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  500 to 2000... I imagine that can depend on the difficulty, like needing to spend more for Gold AnB due to the shortened time right? I've been farming for levels and mats in wait for the next AnB with my 2fury/4warlord warrior and getting decent gems there at TL105 which I can clear in about 2min 20 sec. 110 drops me down to 3min 30 seconds so I assume 105 is where I need to be for now. Curious, I'm still getting epics instead of all legendries. About 2/3 legendary. What is the min TL to guarantee all legendary? I'm guessing around 120?

• Turgeon
                  Turgeon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes its now somewhere in the 120. But for xp stick to 105 since xp is cap like a5 103 but 105 is always a snow map
                  For the gem expend it depend on how much time i have in real life to farm mat haha. And yes usually a bit more in gold. But i did it often with only 500 gems

• Ozymandius
                  Ozymandius commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can complete TL110 for the second CT with a minimal investment of around 1000 gems, which includes unlocking a second ability upgrade slot and one 200% XP booster for rapid push to level 70. If you are more patient, you can do it with around 500 gems by skipping the XP booster [200 gems] and second ability upgrade slot [400 gems]. You can also reduce your gem use by purchasing one of the event packs using cash, though I have never tried running an ANB without at least 500 gems in the bank.

Turgeon is one of those skilled players who can finish well in ANB without having to spend a lot, and I say that with sincere respect for his ability to do so.
                However, I would guess the average gem usage in ANBs is higher, more in the 2-5k gems range. There are plenty of players who spend in excess of 10k gems in ANBs without thinking about it, and more if they purchase multiple Legendary crafters crates. A lot of gem usage depends on what your goals are, what your skill and game knowledge levels are, and the depth of your gem reservoir. Gems flow more freely from deep reservoirs than from shallow ones.

​​​​​​​As far as best farming for XP, exactly as Turgeon stated.

Comment

• Turgeon
                  Turgeon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thnk RockDoc very happy the you put me in skilled player. But imo im far from skilled. Its just that now that ive found bh you dont need a lot in anb to reach 135-138. Only one research upgrade slot is enough since i dont need anything at 10 for the gear you just want two weapon 75-77. A molten belt one slayer enchant. No need of BOM so very eazy to keep a low gem budget!

With the way raising skills work (having to wait for it to complete), and the fact that the counter doesn't go down when in town, are you supposed to not actually do anything for a number of days and just let the skills get up first and then start actually playing? If so, especially on Gold, how high should skills get before you start the clock?

Comment

• Turgeon
                  Turgeon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me im doing 1-70 the first day or the second day then i do a 30 min gold farming then im waiting for important skill to be at a nice level bfre starting xp farm

• Bali_Lenni
                  Bali_Lenni commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I highly recommend this video
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-CBTGlByGic
                  from Wispy.
                  It really helped me when starting out on the first ANB's.
                  From own experience: it is possible to do ANB (and make 2 CTs and 1*77) with around 300jewels plus dailies, 500-600 jewels is more comfortable and 1'600-2'600 you're laughing.....Have never bought a legendary crate and always brought 1*77 item of choice home. If you want 2*77's , the legCrate would really help and make it easier.

Maybe level up to 4 or 5 before doing story 6 (or story5, story4, depending on your strength), so as not to waste too much time....
                  TL 1-70 can be tricky and a real time killer. Haven't got it quite right, so better to check other forum contributions.
                  Afterwards, definitely level 7 minimum, and then a mix of waiting real time and Books of learning.

With low jem budget it becomes even more important to stick to around 90 sec. farming (and max. 120sec farming around TL 105) , be patient and strictly avoid unnecessary pushs.

Good luck with Gold

P.S. (season medals???......patience, patience)

• Bali_Lenni
                  Bali_Lenni commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If enough jewels, give priority to
                  1. 200%booster at the very start
                  2. second ability upgrade slot

I'm usually impatient and do up to TL70 on first day (having a break at TL30ish may be helpful?!), asap make xgold gear and farm some gold (do a full 30 min. farming only once the good xg gear is ready), wait and cook that 2nd day and starting day 3 do a mix of BoL and real time waiting.

Anyway, just one way of doing it. Finding out what works is part of the fun.

Bellagiofan it is common for players to sit for a couple of days in ANB as their attacks and abilities cook. Most players play their regular heros for daily quests during those days. Level 7 sticks in my head as level to reach before farming. Obviously level 10 is recommended for main attack, but farming can start at a lower level.

Comment

Working...
                X