ANB Shortages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB Shortages

What do you guys tend to run out of during ANBs? I used to run low on gold all the time, so now I farm more than I think I'll need. Another time my bottleneck became iron and mithril, and another ANB it was MoTs.

Unless you put XG on some jewelry or gear, which is hard to do if you are a damage junkie like me, then Gold will be the anchor that drags you down. For a BH, Mithril is the bottleneck because most of your salvage material is made of cured leather. However, if you dual class by running a Warrior for SP farming first, you can usually stockpile enough Mithril for the BH. I typically end up with an extra stockpile of MoTs by the end of an ANB, but they tend to be in short supply during the early going unless you buy the Legendary Crafter's Crate.

Comment

• Stusmith50
      Stusmith50 commented
      Editing a comment
      CL is maintained on the ANB account (just need to level to 70 again). Abilities are reset to 1 - I save all my BoL when farming on the first toon to use on the 2nd one. And you need to purchase upgrade slots again.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff No, the CLs from the first hero transfer to the second hero. You do have to save enough event time time and/or BoLs to level up key abilities. Luckily BH doesn't have many key abilities, mostly just Snipe and Rapid Fire.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Stusmith50 Ozymandius Thanks, guys! I might try it on a bronze or silver ANB, but probably not for gold, mainly because of the playtime restriction.

Is dual-classing in worthy in gold? With the BoL/gear drop nerf is it still enough to max key abilities and decent synergy level? And how much gems will be spent?

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you'd need to spend at least 2.5K for a legendary crate, and multiply the gem unlocks by two, plus spend double the gems for ability upgrades to at least level 4 since you're spending for two characters. So maybe about 6K to 7K in gems?

In past anbs, silver ore has often been the resource I run out of most, resulting in having to purchase many many 25k gold crates. This anb I found myself surprisingly short on MoTs early on (despite purchasing a Leg crate), but as the event went on the only resource I actually ended up running out of was silk cloth (go figure). For Mage I usually like to farm trials with exp/eg gear, and this strategy is especially useful in Gold AnB (I ran about 3650% exp/2500% eg with 200% boosters running for most of the event). I find that with the right mix of stats, this approach is totally doable and doesn't really slow down my clear speeds much/at all. My average on 105 was about 1:10, and my best run was 53 seconds. Although I don't play Warrior, I know this strategy is also viable for Warrior farming (probably even more so since top Warriors can clear 100-105 in 30-40 seconds). I think in total I didn't spend more than 20 minutes farming outside of trials this AnB, and most of that was to gather gemstones for jewelry crafting/enchantments/sockets.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Splendor Are you playing on a PC? I have a hard time using mage on a mobile, especially at high TLs, because you can't move in one direction while casting abilities in another area. Also, do you have to use up three ephemeral jewelry slots and craft lots of equipment over and over to get 3600%+ XP? I just banged together some quickie jewelry and gear, and the best I got with a 200% booster was around 3150% XP and 3000% XG.

• Splendor
      Splendor commented
      Editing a comment
      I am on PC, yes. Some strong mobile players do farm with mage at a pretty good clip though, I believe Romme has a video of him farming with frostbeam on trial 105 on mobile. For jewelry this gold I crafted a quick eg/exp ring and necklace when I had the materials, each with 2 other stats and about 93-4% exp, and I used 1 ephemeral ring for exp/eg, the 112.5% is nice, but I knew i could only craft 1 decent ring for push with limited gemstones in Gold. I didn't craft much equipment for exp, just did 1 craft for most pieces, weapons I did a few crafts to get decent dmg. When I moved up to trial 105 I recrafted a couple exp/eg pieces with just exp for the extra stat. With exp on every piece of gear, 3500% is pretty easy to achieve. I'm assuming when you mention 3150% exp and 3000% eg you had those as seperate sets? My 3650% exp/2500% eg was 1 set of gear specifically for doing trials. For straight gold runs I had about 3500% eg which is very easy to get (or exceed) by just crafting green/blue eg gear.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, I'm either not as skilled as Romme , or my mobile glitches up when casting spells or abilities. It takes me anywhere from 2 to 4 tries sometimes to get a spell to execute (and I don't think it's the GCD), and that can kill you really fast in high TLs. In order to save on time and crafting resources, I use only one set of gear and jewelry to farm both XP and gold, rather than dedicated sets for each.

Iron bars
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you solve the shortage? Buy crafting chests? Or do you story or TL farm?

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff Basic resource crates (gold is cheap) and mats from salvaging trial runs. Gold is so easy to farm now that it's probably easiest to simply purchase basic resource crates

Fire GE. I never have enough Fire essence because every piece needs XP and CD. If I have a bad run of BoM, I can go through 3 Legendary Crate worth in minutes.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      mousse That's why I only do purple XP or XG gear at the most, and I only craft them once. Hate the RNG on BoMs. Had to buy two legendaries once to get the BoM I needed.
Working...
X