Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie deciding on testing out this ANB bronze

Hello all,
    Im fresh meat to Eternium, with less than 2 weeks experience, a lv70 warrior at CL 420, a level 10 ANB character last Gold season as i had no idea what ANB was (LOL i know), just found this forum to get smarter playing and felt like instantly wiser with all the guides and builds.

Anyway, I currently have 400 gems, 75 glory, almost nil useful recipes, CL master level at 20 only, can budget maybe $30 for a bit of fun in this ANB season but I doubt I will get very far. So all recommendations and suggestions are welcome please!

Originally posted by Tin Man
    The Broken Dragon to get all three free companions.
    Sorry, Tinman: The companions can be acquired free of charge in the ANB, but only one can run for free. Eileen and Robin must be unlocked with 25 and 50 jewels, respectively, if you want to go out with them all.

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the 245 total is with all companion slots unlocked

Will you try warrior again this anb?

Comment

Thanks all for chipping in!
      @Tin Man: you're def right! i spent 400 gem unlocking the second research slot and 25 gem x2 for a second active and passive abilities. That has cleared my gem saving for now I have digested all your advices, read almost all the guides on the forum, and hoping to get at least 1 CT for trial 80 at the end of this event
      Current progress: lvl 46, trial 3 after 1h50m of play clock

BarinaSid yes I have unlocked all 3 companions, but stocking up gem to open up the last slot, can only use 2 now

Turgeon : going with warrior again for simplicity, going with a cheap version of Furious Flaming Axes by Nhat, but without any recipes

I'm saving all the equipment boxes to open at lvl70, but seem to always lack essences for crafting items every 12-15 levels, and currently struggle to get through trials quickly level 46 and only able to finish trial 1 in 90sec or less, its a shame

Comment

• Nhat
        Nhat commented
        Editing a comment
        For the initial levelling, ignore the 90 seconds rule, run the trial that matches your level - running trials too low is potentially wasting time and exp. I would set an upper limit of 4 minutes though, if you're taking long than that, then drop back down 1 level. Continue this as you level up to 70, moving up to the next trial as you clear in less than 3 minutes... but stay within your level range => level 46 should be aiming to run Trial level 5, repeat until you get to around 57, then move to 6...

If you don't have enough mats to craft the "next set" then focus on the weapons first, since you need to keep up your damage to continue moving...
        Open the crates you have now and salvage for mats, no point saving them if you're struggling...

Thanks Nhat I will open those eq crates now, doing better at level 51 clearing trial 5 in less than 4min
      @Tin Man: wow you have "lighting reflexes" casted on your fingers :P great tips thanks, still doing dailies for gem, farming some gold essences etc with my main, have 2m gold enough for a little while but keep forgetting the 3h free refresh ?

Comment

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        oh and i know why i ran out of mats so often, i crafted some epics normal gears during leveling xD

Tin man: This morning out of boredom I created a fresh account to try this anb to see how far I can go without paying as a total cheap newbie (my kind of rabbit hole lol). The Anb became available after I finish Act I on the main acct and I am switching entirely to my anb hero. The crafting mastery reset is actually not too bad (!) as with unlocking (ability to craft higher grade gear) I actually needed to spend less materials. So during leveling up to 70 you'll get 12-15 pieces of epic gears for the price of rare (I normally skip making trinkets due to lack of mithrils). The downside is the quality of crafted gear in the early stage and amount of meterials received from salvaged items). The lack of recipes and gems is a good challenge though.

tinytitan: I wouldn't open the second research slot if I were you, and if you can save up 400 gems you can wait on buying missing qol trinket/axes/warlords gears from Liana if gold buying option is not available in the next 5 days. But yeah you should follow Tin man's advice on farming gold with you regular hero to buy recipes. Set 3hr interval timer if you're serious ).
      As soon as reaching lvl25 you should cook whirlwind to lvl 6 (at least) to get that movement bonus along with frenzy lvl3. It will help clear the map faster. Now you have 2 research slots, one should be dedicated for whirlwind to max it out.
      if you're still below trial 20, just gather enough materials for two uncommon fury gears, then things to tl80 is quite a breeze. You may have to farm gems with your main hero or wait for dailies to buy marks of titan though.
      Nhat's comment is correct (!!!) for the season rewards. the master crates's awards for (killing XYZ bosses/elites, clearing numbers of tl) can be received if you complete them with your anb hero. So look out for those numbers when you use your main hero.
      Good luck!
      Last edited by Blingblingchaching; 07-20-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that you said it, that 400 gem for 2nd ability upgrade slot is kinda big spending, I could have saved those for a more prepared ANB when I have more recipes and experiences etc... But oh well, its a good expense, now I have both frenzy and whirlwind upgrading to level 9, synergy level 65 (better than my main xD). Hopefully get to TL100 if i try hard enough

I guess I can and should/must conclude my bronze anb experiment with a fresh account and not paying any real money (Warrior fury setup)

-Tl 120 is very much attainable, tl130 if cleave BoM drops during farming.
      - cl 1600+ is attainable
      -crafting mastery leveling should be done in anb (32/17 or almost ~2 times faster than by doing it with your regular hero).
      - Glory from season and anb rewards (up to tl100) will allow you to unlock enough gears for 4w2f final push set, except for BoM: 3 fury gears (35), ToS trinket (20), templar belt (20), slayer exotic enchantment (20).

My anb hero is at cl 500, cleared tl80 and has more than 9hrs left. Real time playing is ~9hrs over 2 days (very unhealthy).
      But as Tin man said, I guess I can leave the game for sometime now until something new pops up, like many other come-n-go players

Comment

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea, I think its quite a bit of saving crafting in ANB for the purpose of leveling the mastery level, gold and essences, any drawback if y'all can think of?

• Blingblingchaching
        Blingblingchaching commented
        Editing a comment
        It's too long ago for me to remember but if cm leveling with your regular hero, I found crafting a rare lvl 7 normal gear with two different types of lesser essences works best to maximize essence recovery (you'll get a lot more essences back when you salvage, not 20%, but way more than 100%). So you just need to farm ~4-5M gold to max out. That gives a +17xp for cm (more with level bonus after cm lvl 25). In anb you can craft lvl 26 uncommon gears (if essences are the limited material - it will require 1 lesser essence/gear) for +32xp for cm. if iron bar/cloth is the limited material you can go to lvl 40+ uncommon gear? for +50xp/pop (it will still require only 1 ironbar/cloth). Gold is net positive in anb with crafting, you just need a few hundreds gold to start.

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        tinytitan The main drawback is that you will need event timer time to gain the resources and gold, unless of course you buy them with gems, which are better kept for other use especially as a new player. Also, raising the ML out of the event will cost only gold, which is easy to get, and you will benefit from ML 50 right from the start in the event. I strongly advise against waiting an ANB to raise the ML.
        Last edited by LodWig; 07-22-2021, 09:53 AM.

There is one thing I would definitely buy with real world money - The Secondary Stash for $5

This gives you a fully opened Stash - in both Your Main account AND every ANB ... it becomes an invaluable resource for ANB's ... and it is really nice/convenient to have in your main as well.

Personally - I think it is one of the best deals in gaming ... just my 2 cents

... KTB

Comment

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        indeed, that's one of the best bang for the buck !

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree, the full unlocked second stash is very handy for ANBs (and in main as well of course)

Tinytitan: actually frenzy and others at lvl7-8 is quite enough for farming xp. You'll should up ww then leap to 10 for better mob control, and have critical rating for at least 30% chance of critical hits. What are your choices for passives?
      below is my poor hero after sweating to clear tl80 to get enough Glory for unlocking that shiny ToS trinket.

Comment

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        All active skills are lv10, im just slowly upgrading the passive now

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        my passives are Fleet Footed, Ability Rate (whatever it's called lol) and Power Infusion, all lv 6 for now

Latest update:
      CL 1050, cleared TL 100, however only 1h45min left on the clock
      Not sure if I have enough time to get strong enough to clear TL110.
      Couple of questions though:
      1. After the event play clock ends, the character is unable to level up any more right? but he can still craft and do other things, and try to beat higher level TL (with event time left of course)?
      2. Best use of Celestial Transform? I have a bunch of looted legendaries (best one is a Viscera sword lv76 (3/4 DPS stats and 1 vitality). And if I dont want to use those can I keep it for future needs?
      3. After event ends completely, this character and all gems,essences, loot are still there right? only Ephemeral items disappear?
      Last edited by tinytitan; 07-23-2021, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        Mah man, thanks Teeb, "never say no to a quickie" as the oldie always say xD

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        tinytitan , check my edit.

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        Kudos for extra info on number 2, now that I know that CT and ephemeral get splitted after transferring anyway, CT must be done on ephemeral during ANB or else it's a waste.
        Outside of ANB, from my understanding of the effect statement on CT, then it can be used on high level unique/set legendaries for "endgame" purpose, to make a perfect lv77 item. Am I right?

Originally posted by tinytitan View Post
      Latest update:
      CL 1050, cleared TL 100, however only 1h45min left on the clock
      Great work for your first run...

1. After the event play clock ends, the character is unable to level up any more right? but he can still craft and do other things, and try to beat higher level TL (with event time left of course)?
      There are 2 clocks:
      - The "gameplay timer" you see at the bottom of the screen: you may only start a new level/trial if there is time left, you can finish up any trials started after this run out, and the result will still count. You can continue to do thing in the hometown after this runs out.

- The "official timer" you see in the event's page: once this run out, it's the same as if you used up your "gameplay timer" - no longer able to start a level/trial. I can't recall what happens to crafting though... I think you should still be able to do it, so it's the same as above. The only difference is that you can end the event and transfer things over to your main account.

2. Best use of Celestial Transform? I have a bunch of looted legendaries (best one is a Viscera sword lv76 (3/4 DPS stats and 1 vitality). And if I dont want to use those can I keep it for future needs?
      Normal looted gear will transfer over to your main account, so there's no need to use the CT on them. If you don't have any crafted ephemeral items (which will disappear during the transfer) that you want to keep, then there's also the option of using the CT on your current highest level weapon, for the damage boost to help clear higher trials. The item and CT will be separated during the end game transfer anyway, so you can always keep the CT and decide what to do on your main account later.
      Leaving the CT as is, is a bit of a waste...

3. After event ends completely, this character and all gems,essences, loot are still there right? only Ephemeral items disappear?
      The character will only transfer if you have an available slot, one with a blue [+], it's all explained in the prompt that appears when you press the End Event button, please read carefully before continuing - you have the option to cancel and do it again later. But yes, all other items - aside from Ephemerals, either from the rewards or crafted - will transfer to your main account.

Eternium Files - links and details - 04 February 2021 - v1.5.3x changes: Ability Rate formula changed to: AR / ( 2xAR + 1500 )

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Nhat, inspiration from your Fury Flaming Axe guide mostly! loving the dmg and the crowd control, just havent mastered it yet so most TL runs I can only clear within the 100-120seconds time, need to watch more videos to horn my skills.
        1. All cleared with your and Teeb's input. So i'd better leave last 30min left on the "gameplay timer" to try to get to TL110.
        2. Indeed, will try to make use of that CT
        3. So I'd better delete my failed attempt level 10 newbie from last ANB to keep an empty slot for this new warrior? (and probably even delete my main warrior sometimes later, he's worse than the this new one)

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        tinytitan ,

Just as an FYI re: Transferring your ANB character.

It will stay there (kind of like in limbo) UNTIL you click the End Event. You can keep it there until you gather enough gems to open up another character slot, or do whatever you want with your other characters. There isn't a time limit between when the event ends and when you click End Event ... so there isn't any pressure there.

ALSO - and you might know this already - but All your XP transfers when you click End Event - So, that it is possible that if your main is Sub 70 - You can have a level 10 Hero (or whatever) with CL's of 1050.

• tinytitan
        tinytitan commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, ANB guides mentioned that too, can keep lining up those ANB characters without clicking "End event", until they clog your screens and you're unable to click anything xD
        My 3 chars for now are:
        1. Main Warrior: lv70, CL500
        2. Failed attempt first ANB Mage lvl 10, CL 500 (already clicked End Event)
        3. This ANB warrior, lv70 , CL 1050
        I could keep the Mage level 10 for a speed run then delete I guess, because of the CL 500 gives bonus dmg/speed for better clearing speed of regular maps, but the pros said speed runs are better done with a Bounty Hunter for speediest results
        Last edited by tinytitan; 07-23-2021, 04:26 AM.

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
      Normal looted gear will transfer over to your main account, so there's no need to use the CT on them. If you don't have any crafted ephemeral items (which will disappear during the transfer) that you want to keep, then there's also the option of using the CT on your current highest level weapon, for the damage boost to help clear higher trials. The item and CT will be separated during the end game transfer anyway, so you can always keep the CT and decide what to do on your main account later.
      Leaving the CT as is, is a bit of a waste...
      I don’t think a CT used on a non ephemeral item will get separated during the transfer, if I’m right don’t use it on a dropped weapon. Also, if you’re unsure about which weapon to use the CT on, you can use my Quality Control spreadsheet (available in my Dropbox, see the link in my signature) to preview the result. If both weapon have already max or very high damage, it could be better to use the CT on another item; however as Nhat suggested, use it on a high level item for a better extra vitality stat.
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        TIL that CT behave as described. Thank you!

(Edit: this was an answer to a now deleted comment, which informed me that the treatment upon transfer of any CT’d item is the same, whether it was ephemeral or not.)
        Last edited by LodWig; 08-07-2021, 09:47 AM.
    Working...
    X