No announcement yet.

How's all my friends Silver ANB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm looking on the warrior leaderboard at players that have all 76/77 gear wondering how much money they spend on this game...
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      @Splendor: " good players quickly realize that spending real money isn't necessary."

The Play to Win aspect (vs Pay to Win) of Eternium is awesome. I completely agree that it isn't "necessary". AND if a player wants to throw $100 at the devs for the game - I certainly have no problem with it. It doesn't make them a better player - it just reduces some of the monotony.

Personally - I am not in a financial position to be able to do that - but I don't think that Pay to Win is the dominant part of the game - in order to be good at Eternium - you really have to Play to Win.

Kristoff - I can tell you that I discovered that in ANB Bronze with the three upgrade slots - and I was doing XP farming at TL105 - one hour of farming (or maybe 2 at most) easily "paid" for the 3rd upgrade slot in terms of BoL drops.

That 3rd slot is giving you 50% boost in research capacity - plus it lets you easily do the longer 9 and 10 upgrades while continuing to upgrade other skills and boost synergy. Means that it is almost impossible to lose (waste) the upgrade capacity due to nuisances like the need to sleep!

I have no clue about Gold strategy - but, for me, for Bronze - it was absolutely worth it. I think it was probably worth it too for Silver.

... KTB

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Teebs ! Now I just have to find the time to farm an extra 900 gems per ANB. Do you use a PC? For me, farming TL 105 with warrior on mobile within 90 seconds has been impossible so far.

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff ,

I have been running Mage - so yes! If I am farming TL105, I do use a PC running a Beam build.

When I am just sitting on the couch playing on my tablet, I will do 80-90 using DfA.

I have been getting myself ready to try out a Warrior build (needed to replenish Glory).

As for the Gemnomics of it - I know it would be a hassle - but you can simply count the BoL drops and see if it seems to make sense to/for you. IF you are going to end up transferring the character over to your main (for gem farming or whatever?) - then by the time you are ready to put them in to 'service' - it will most likely be fully upgraded with top synergy - which is kind of nice.

... KTB

2 new personal best TL (finally finally made 133 & even 134 with 5 minutes event timer left)....suppose it won't be enough for top100, but happy anyway....first time ever I pushed with a crit-build, unfaithful to the lily mea culpa....otherwise had good luck crafting & a usable Ignaz77 drop....did much better on BoLs and silk and silver ore this time goldfarming SoA rather than SM....so all in all pretty happy but pretty sobering as well - so many really good players (way lower stats way better results). Broken dragon and keeper Garm.....have finally been broken in (TL134)....
    Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great, Bali_Lenni ! You did better than my finish.

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      Ended up #110.....bitterbittersweet, with accent on the bitter..... so much effort/planing/timing etc. + reasonable luck & everything going good, no major hickups.....& it is still not enough to make the tophundred..... :-) guess the only factor missing is skill in churning down those damn mobs in time....thinking of just taking it easy and not push next few events.... :-)

Cheers @ Kristoff & congrats on your finish

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratz bali veey near of top 100

Trial 132 finally done. 1 over grown lizard turned into handbags! It had a good go of turning my hero into handbags on this and previous attempts. Might try 133 if I get the chance. Sitting at 171 so might make top 250.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, Wulfric ! That will get you in the top 250 for sure.

• Wulfric
      Wulfric commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Should be solidly in the middle of the pack. Getting the hang of the 4 warlord 2 fury critical build at long last.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that's been my staple build. I tried lily warrior during the last bronze ANB, but its damage profile plateaus at higher TLs.

I made tl110. By a hair’s width, seconds left on both the trial and event timers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C21C2A3-A184-4D71-B6EA-E263C6F4FC98.png
Views:	220
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	201169Click image for larger version

Name:	7274EA78-218D-4FAD-B85D-BAFDC07DF5EA.png
Views:	220
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	201171

Which makes this my best ANB ever. First time getting to 110, 1000cl (also a personal best). And I bring home some serious weaponry for my main:

Name:	785898B0-4290-4414-A91A-1DC96FC638FC.png
Views:	217
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	201170Click image for larger version

Name:	7E062475-CC64-4A9F-B9E4-040A95C3FEAC.png
Views:	221
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	201168

I had to farm like crazy to get this far, 3 starred 2 toons for gems. Lots of effort, and 110 is the best a Fire Lilly Shield Shocker can do, maybe I can get a few more levels out of the build (some skills not maxed, low synergy). Guess I’ll keep this build for Anb on the cheap (make 77, get to 90).

Now I got a well rounded skill build that can deal with mobs and bosses efficiently (RS,FR/SW,SB,DT/SaB,TaN,End), and a decent idea of how the mechanics work, it’s time for the training wheels to come off and introduce crit to the build.
    Attached Files
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Made it to TL 132, which I hope secures the top 250 placement. Not as good as I would have liked, but not bad considering that I've been driving 3 to 6 hours per day for the past two weeks.

Managed to resist buying any event packs. Sorry, Travis | Support Mgr. , but I wanted to see what I could do without the extra assist. Didn't get to see the Making Fun office, but San Francisco wasn't as bad as we expected.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cleared TL110 - CL 1674, used 4 hours and 47 minutes. Usual build, got lucky with BoM drop, ans used some additional gems for socketing...

Name:	20210810_030657.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	201178Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210810-030032_Eternium.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	201179Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210810-030011_Eternium.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	201180

For future comparison, and in case anyone is interested:
      - 1 hour: cleared TL 70, CL 244
      - 2 hour: CL 805
      - 3 hour: CL 1195
      - 4 hour: CL 1513
      Eternium Files - links and details

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Ozymandius I add movement to both pants and boots for warrior too. Many top warrior builds only do one movement slot, but having lots of mobility has saved my bacon so many times, especially when it comes to avoiding the dragons' attacks in high TLs. Do you use nimble fighter and pathfinder as well, or one of the standard poison / piercing / tracer combos?

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Kristoff For an ANB hero, I always start with Pathfinder at least until I craft pants and boots. Once I fill all of the move speed CLs, I often switch over to tracer ammo. Definitely use the Poisoned Ammo to get the poison cloud from Assassin weapon set.

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the tips, Ozymandius ! I'll definitely try them out, but it'll probably be a while before I can get results anywhere in the same ballpark as yours. Good luck this coming gold!

So I did a Slim (to me!) Silver ... Full Character unlock plus a couple beginning crates and a few +50% XP boosters and Socketing for one of my CT's. I ended up with 176 more gems than I started ... doing nothing other than dailies on my main and playing my ANB character.

My theory was just to casual play to basically trade some gems in for some glory - Having unlocked everything I need to play mage, time to move on to other classes (Warrior looks like a beast of glory demands with the Fury unlocks!). So I did OK (for me!) ... made it to TL123 ... wasn't expecting to be able to get those 15 Glory, but having learned a bit over time ... I kind of all fell into place, and I was able to use the last half hour for push - whereas, basically ... I just end up leaving no time for push!

Anyway - I had some fun - and surprised myself at being able to make it up as far as I did with my "slim" budget.

... KTB

Comment

For me another satisfying anb. Cost about 1500 gem. 3h45 left on t8mer. Managed to clear trial 135 in 6:09. Didnt had enough time to push haha
        anyway thats put me in temporary 64th position so another top 100. Hourray
        Attached Files

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, Turgeon ! Amazing finish!

• Bali_Lenni
          Bali_Lenni commented
          Editing a comment
          Well done....
          (( :-) good to hear 'tis not just the young guns securing top spots ))

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha thnk bali. Gratz on your anb aswell

LodWig did some work for us (dropped in the discord) regarding Books of Learning drops, Kristoff

Name:	BoL.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	201254

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Teebs ! Good 'ol LodWig ! Figures he'd have a spreadsheet for it. Between him and Nhat , they probably know almost as much about the game mechanics as the developers.

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnk for sharing these info!

Congrats Turgeon & the rest of my dear friends for the achievements etc
        New Season:

Whirlwind Shield Warrior Trial 154 in 9:40 min
        PURIST Mobile user

Comment

Working...
      X