Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    And if you revenge match someone with a lower rank, it's usually a net loss to you because they gain more points with each battle they win while you gain less points per win.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Heikki Gross Thanks for your kind offer, but I really have quit revenge matches cold turkey. Don't want to get back into that vicious cycle. Maybe I'll do them again if there are decent LB rewards for Arena, but even then I don't see myself putting in enough time and resources to reach the highest ranks. Between work, family and my other hobbies, I can barely put in enough time to reach the top 100 during ANBs.

• lefteria
    replied
    indeed. it takes a lot of time. the battles for revenge, and this time. I have many hours of work. there is little time left for the game

Leave a comment:

• Heikki Gross
    commented on 's reply
    Kristoff Lol, it wasnt hard. Warriors are really easy to beat. No off you go and revenge. I think i stopped at rank 1, so there is a lot of rating to gain

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Heikki Gross I saw that you just beat my warrior. Congratulations on the win!

For a player as good as yourself, it was probably an easy victory.
    Last edited by Kristoff; 10-20-2021, 06:23 PM.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    I see, that's why it doesn't look the same.

Thank you, I appreciate you not taking things personally, which is not the impression that I get from certain other Arena players, none of whom I think I know directly.

I guess it's more of a personal preference for me, kind of like an attorney I know who never takes cases against acquaintances of his. And once you know the AI's weaknesses, along with strategies such as yourself, and players like Romme and bojck have developed, it's pretty much a guaranteed win unless your mobile software crashes or your online connection drops.

I just use the free tickets now with only one or two of my characters, and have stopped playing revenge matches because it was taking up so much of my time. Just to keep all of my avatars near the top, I'd have to fight so many battles per day, sometimes up to ten or more against the same opponent, because you beat them, then a minute or two later they beat you, so you fight them again to regain the lost points, ad infinitum. And that's just one enemy. Then I have to repeat this against the five or ten other players who attacked me, and then multiply that across all of the characters I have in the Arena. It was just getting exhausting and put me into a sort of siege mentality, which I don't really enjoy.

Anyway, thank you for the insights. I might try them sometime. I have to admit that I'm not at my best with mage. More than other classes, I feel that timing is critical for it, and I have problems with abilities not immediately executing on my device. I'll draw the symbol, see it and the word, let's say, "blink" on the screen, but the ability doesn't take effect, and I have to draw it again a second or third time. I know it isn't the GCD because it usually happens on my first blink cast when the fight begins. It occurs in TLs too. For me, warrior is the most forgiving on mobile since the added toughness helps when your timing gets messed up by errors like that.

• Heikki Gross
    commented on 's reply
    The circle comes from screen recorder. You should fight my mage all the time you can, Im ok with it. Its a competition after all

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Heikki Gross Thanks for explaining! I thought it might be PC because it looks a bit different on my phone. I don't have such a big circle floating around as I tap.

Yeah, I've fought your mage a few times. One of the harder designs to beat. Good luck in the Arena! I probably won't fight him again since I don't really like battling against people I know more than once or twice just to test their design.

• Heikki Gross
    commented on 's reply
    This was played on mobile as you see me drawing gestures. For warriors it is important to blink before they charge. Kind need to anticipate it. I'm using Arcanist set and I blink out behind the pillar just as my SOFT hits, that makes me immune to any CC.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Nice! Are you using a PC? I can't replicate these results on a mobile phone. If I blink away, warriors still catch me when my FPS drops.

And why don't you get frozen by the Glacies or freezing abilities of the enemy mages? If I hide behind the columns to avoid their direct attacks, at some point they eventually freeze and kill me while I'm frozen.

Using a BH is pretty much the only way I can guarantee a win against a mage.

• Heikki Gross
    replied
    I eat shield warriors for breakfast

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    You can never stop fighting if you want to stay on top. Revenge-match everyone and use up all your free tickets. For me, it's not worth it. Now I just use the tickets and don't bother with the revenge battles.

• lefteria
    replied
    yes I am referring to the total score

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    lefteria What do you mean? You were able to beat my guy. Are you referring to your overall leaderboard ranking?

• lefteria
    commented on 's reply
    I try, but I do not do so well
Working...
X