Can't understand this BH gear and ability combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't understand this BH gear and ability combo

Ozymandius Since you play BH a lot, do you think that you could please explain the logic behind this? It's a full stalker and assassin pistol build, but the chosen abilities seem better suited for havok or demolitionist gear. The extra damage is even nature on all possible gear. Why would someone have a setup like this and not use poison?
    Attached Files

Poison is nature damage, and all of those abilities are standard for a stalker build. Try reading Umbradei's guide that he posted here in the forums. The only thing I find odd about that player is that he cleared trial 181 which seems suspiciously high when top bh's like Umbradei and Hegemony are only in the high 160s.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Turgeon Do you mean that the player is testing an alpha version of the software?

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff i mean that this leaderboard are from the alpha version

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff. Sry i was wrong. Its really the leaderboard of the current season. Woah that is so impressive

The whole build revolves around maximising Snipe DoT dps, because that damage type is the only ability that increases quadratically in damage with CD and CR instead of linearly, as well as quadratic in flat damage boosts.

In that context, Tracer Ammo (to make Molten Armor work), Piercing Ammo (to ensure additional Molten Armor stacks on mob groups) and Power Infusion (giving a x1.4 damage boost) all help the Snipe DoT increase its quadratic damage even faster.

Poison Ammo is only linear, so can long term never hope to compete.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Ozymandius Cool! That would make sense. So the igniter buff is better than the lower snipe cooldown offered by the assassin set?

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff I am hoping to test that but my andriod is a bit buggy. I am trying a reinstall to see if that fixes it. I will update once I am able to test the changes.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with the fix, Ozymandius !

UmbraDei Just tried this build. It's pretty good, but I'm so out of practice since I've been focusing mainly on warrior. Have to re-learn patience and wait for the ToS to proc before executing stealth, rapid fire and snipe.

Comment

So far, my main problem when pulling mobs is getting potted and killed by missile attacks when the ToS procs and I try to execute the vortex-stealth-rapid fire-snipe combo, which is complicated by either the GCD or whatever bug is keeping the abilities from firing the first time I draw the signs.

Comment

Yes the way i do now. Is to group the mob stealth then RF. After i do a side foot step then i hit my snipe

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Turgeon And you're able to do all this on a mobile device before the ToS proc ends? Do you ever have to sign more than once to get an ability to execute? I know the software is logging my drawings because I see the name of the ability on the screen, but it just doesn't fire.

I wait for when i know tos is ready. Then i do that. Yes on mobile. But just drawing symbol once exept when i failed the drawing lol

grouping mob and stealth dont activate tos. Then when i activate RF tos activating i do my snipe. Walk a bit then hit them back for another snipe

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Turgeon ! I guess I just have to keep practicing and work around the ability lag and FPS slowdown that occurs when I pull in more mobs.
      Working...
      X