No announcement yet.

How's all my dear friends gold anb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to TheExorcist , Kardinaal , Turgeon and all those who kept the SW build alive and have now witnessed its return to competitive play!

It's been years since I've seen SWs this high on the leaderboards. I suspect that we'll soon see them in larger numbers after this.

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thnk bro finnally mafe it to 146 but could havedone better i was thinking event wereendingon monday but it was till thuesday lol

I'm done... 20 minutes left on the clock, my longest and highest run yet - CL 1807 - TL 115 - still too far from top 250 for that Heroism medal, looks like I'll need to switch to Legendary Crit set to push higher next Gold...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210928-115517_Eternium.jpg Views:	6 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	203787Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210928-121248_Eternium.jpg Views:	6 Size:	129.7 KB ID:	203788

Been updating the previous posts with milestones, include here to make it easier to find... bought an extra 200% exp booster and socketing of the shoulder pad, so that's roughly 300 Gems, bringing the total spent to roughly: 1,531 - net Gems spent since the start of the event is 65.

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    Trying a lower Gems spend this run, so no Gemming Abilities nor Jewelries... Early state is definitely slower, but later on seems to have caught up - might be due to the damage boost...

Gems spent: 1,031 - Unlocks (not 3rd upgrade slot), 5 for Gold, and crafting chests (450)

Milestones:
    - 35 minutes to clear Act 1, level 33
    - 1 hour mark: level 61, TL 7
    - 1:10 to reach level 70
    - 1:20 to reach TL 70, CL 249 - Whirlwind at level 8, others at level 2
    - 2:00 - CL 754, TL 85 - Whirlwind at level 9, others at level 3
    - 3:00 - CL 1144, TL90 - Whirlwind at level 10, mains at 7, others at 4
    - Cleared TL 100 somewhere here to get more boosters, CL 1236
    - 4:00 - CL 1482, TL 95 - others abilities almost all level 7
    - 5:00 - CL 1716, TL 95 - bought a 200% exp booster, synergy 147, and finally got my lvl 77 shoulder pads...

Edit, found a bit more time, did a few runs, 5 minutes left, TL 118, CL 1813
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210928-181637_Eternium.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	203808
    Last edited by Nhat; 09-28-2021, 08:23 AM.
    Eternium Files - links and details

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish that I could give you one of my heroism medals, Nhat. As far as I'm concerned, you more than deserve it!

• Nhat
      Nhat commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff thanks for the offer, at least it gives me something to aim for in the upcoming ANBs...

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome, Nhat ! Maybe you'll have better luck with the new SW build.

My best performance ever so far in an ANB Gold. Still have about an hour left on my timer, so I'll keep fighting to the end and try to stay in the top 100.

After seeing TheExorcist and Turgeon 's results, I wonder if I could have done better with SW, but then again, I'm not really familiar with the build and might not have been able to fully utilize its abilities. I'm looking forward to trying it out in the regular season and pit it against my WW to see which one can go further.

​​​​​​​Still amazed Romme 's ranking on mobile, but I guess I shouldn't be given his experience and skill level.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Good job for top 100 finish

Here too. Best Anb ever. Did my xp farming at tl 100 and later 105, good for 1400 cl (almost doubled my previous record). Due to forgetting s&b double armour bonus I had to invest quite a bit of gems though. For the rest I’m using blue single stat so jewelry (not even good ones, just 3 greens slapped together), the purple boxes for defender set, and for weapons I went with push crafts directly. Less + xp that way, but it enables me to farm higher tl for better gear to salvage. For comparison: Before the update I was farming tl90. I think I might be able to get to 110 in my xp gear, so that’s quite good also for the cost of future Anb .

For the rest I have a 77 weapon to take home to my main, and around 2 hours left on the clock for a push. Shield is lvl 74 due to rotten luck crafting, both lvl76 and 3 of 4 lvl75 crafts passed before I got the lvl 77. So we will see how high I get. Hoping for 130.
    Last edited by Kardinaal; 09-28-2021, 10:30 AM.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations, Kardinaal! I'm still climbing to stay at the top, but so is everyone else. Hope I can keep my ranking.

So here are the results you’ve been waiting for. Final push landed me at tl128. The minions at 129 take too much time for this Lily build to beat, especially with only a lvl 74 shield without ct. Even if Garm isn’t the most difficult boss, I only have 2 minutes left after minion phase, and I die a lot. This is partly due to not having much experience with pulling mobs with ww, partly the belt of the whirling storm doing screen wide damage making it hard to pull normal mobs without elites.

All in all a massive improvement over previous anbs, where I struggled to reach tl110. Still no badges or titles though.

Name:	1636D07C-394F-4AB2-AD1A-2273915B7F68.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	203833Click image for larger version

Name:	33CEDE05-7A23-4BB5-A9CC-A43B0D42694F.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	203834

Next AnB I’ll go back to the girdle of heroism, and either use whirlwind axe or revert back to shockwave cause I need to be able to heal. Even with 240k life and 95% damage redux from armour, healing with just apples and potions, and the healing procs from 2pce defender it’s hard to stay alive.
    Attached Files
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Tried two more times, being way more careful of elites. Best I got was 3.5 min for playing with garm, got him down 2/3rd of the way, but that’s about as far as I am gonna get. I’m not gonna improve enough with a few more runs to make up the extra minute or so I need to finish the dragon.

Even extra life from daily stew didn’t make enough of a difference.
      Last edited by Kardinaal; 09-28-2021, 04:59 PM.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for showing us how good the new SW can be! I'm definitely impressed and will try crafting one of my own.

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      Whirlwind axe can heal pretty well too…

Okay, put a fork in me, because I'm done! Killed Elban a second after the TL timer expired, so I'm only at TL 142.

Managed to stay in the top 100, though, so I'm pleased with how things turned out overall.

Congratulations to Turgeon , who I think made it into the top 50 with a victory in TL 146, and to Romme with an outstanding top 25 finish!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kristoff; 09-28-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Grand_Wazoo ! I owe it all to the great advice you guys have given me. Never thought I'd ever end up this high on the leaderboards, especially for a gold ANB.

And I even spent less this time. I usually get two L-crates for gold.

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Gratz kristoff nice finish

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Turgeon ! Wish I'd done as well as you and Grand_Wazoo . Maybe I'll try SW next time. Have to practice, though.

Turgeon!!
    congrats at 146
    You definitely beat me
    hope u can achieve the top 50
    I'm at 144 (top 100)
    Our Dear fren the Kardinaal did superb with the Fire-Lilly thing. Well It's not easy playin a fire lilly I'm afraid. Congrats to him also
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-28-2021, 06:02 PM.
    New Season:

Whirlwind Shield Warrior Trial 154 in 9:40 min
    PURIST Mobile user

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Fire Lilly shield warrior is definately not as powerful as the crit version. But it’s easier mathematically, and more straight forward on the attributes, so it’s a good starter platform to test stuff out.

But even if I build a full 77 set, I probably will top out around TL135-140.

Main problem with the build is that it just has too much power stat (with the new additions to my main it comes close to 17000 power with Sb and top active). So I’m allready bumping into serious diminishing returns.

Still, I want to see just how high I can push power (and casting speed), so I’m gonna finish the set. After that, I’ll work crit into the build.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great, Kardinaal ! I look forward to seeing your new build.

• Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Gratz to you TheExorcist

First of all i wanna say big thnk to Grand_Wazoo with their post yesterday were he was saying that he made 14* in the and I was thinking theanb were over but it wasnt so this morning before job a wake up 20 min earlier to try 2 more trial since i had plenty of event timer left i succeed with 144 with only 1 sec left then i did 145 with one min left.

then atthe job during the travel to worksite i did 146. Didnt had the time to try 147 148.

anywayto place me in top 50 at 48th. Very happy. With low cl only 1550 and a lvl 75 shield only with over 90 min left on timer

cost me a bit more gem to be there then when i gostalker

1000 gem for 2 nogrim
    400 gem for the research slot
    2500 gem for l crate
    200 gem for master crate
    unlocking char skill about 250
    plus 10*20 reforge 200

total. Near 4500k gem.
    for same rank with bh i can use under 3k

But. So happy to see that defender can goin top spot anb again Yayayayayayayayay
    next anb is gonna be bronze so ill try a log gem budget to see how i can do

Attached Files

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      In the 146 i drag 2 3 pack of elite with all the mob that give me5he ten death in about 1 min lol

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I hate it when that happens. One minute you're okay, then the next it's like WTF?!

• Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Me and my big mouth... ......
      Last edited by Grand_Wazoo; 09-29-2021, 07:56 PM.

Here is the stats sheet if someone wanna try a Sw. a bit different then the exorcist. Im always a bit more dps and he always more defensive. But both perform well depend probably9n the playstyle! Glad if it could help s9meone
    Attached Files

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! This is useful.

Turgeon just for chit chat purpose I have a dream
    in the future why not we try to build a some sort of whirlwind SHeild warrior guide? (LB aside)

Turgeon: Offensive
    The Exorcist: Defensive
    Kardinaal: a Shockwave SW?? Well our fren here always go for shockwave
    ​​
    many thanks
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-29-2021, 02:19 AM.
    New Season:

Whirlwind Shield Warrior Trial 154 in 9:40 min
    PURIST Mobile user

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of the time shockwave yes. This Anb I went with ww hoping the healing from defender 2 bonus would keep me alive when my butter fingers pulled all the elites. And also to see if belt of the whirling storm could help with Sb uptime.

It does help by the way, but the screen wide damage pulse makes it almost useless since you literally pull everything. For xp farming it’s a great help, but it has no place in a push set.

And for a guide on the way of the shield, I’m game.
      Last edited by Kardinaal; 09-29-2021, 10:21 AM.

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      Please start it now! It can be a live document and get updated as new findings are discovered.

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe theexorcist and kardinaal can do it soon but for me your gonna have to wait a bit since im so buzy these time but as soon as i have a small amount of time ill start it

I learned quite a lot this ANB. While I still love the Fury Fire Lily XP farmer, I was able to make a decent run into the top 100 using a Havoc BH for farming XP, and that comes in spite of not really having a well defined strategy for the event. I just flipped one of my warriors over to BH on a whim.

Name:	Havoc TL138 top100.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	203903
    I really enjoyed being able to destroy even large mobs in a one-shot blast of Heatseekers. The Belt of Ordnance and BoM with Heatseekers bonus do quick work of most mobs, especially if you can time your heatseeker attacks with a ToP proc. The weakness of the Havoc build as you climb into higher trials is that the boss fights take far too long. Magnetic Trap doesn't really affect bosses (i.e., does not trap them and any damage seems minimal), so I had to switch over to Molten Belt to get enough damage to push past bosses around TL135. Sadly, the switch to Molten Belt means that you can no longer one-shot the large mobs since you lose the 50% heatseeker bonus from Belt of Ordnance.

It seems like you can grind a decent amount of XP using a Fire Lily build Havoc BH. While the Fury Warrior had a lot more punch in the TL 80-100 range, I always feel like it loses effectiveness somewhere around TL110, which is fine if you goal is only to get the second CT. Oddly enough that is around the same point that the Havoc BH seems to switch to a higher gear. I was only aiming to push into top 250 medal territory, but I kept making tweaks, such as reforging off XP, that allowed me to keep pushing. I am thinking that I will save the extra expense and time of dual classing and go "all in" on a Havoc BH in the next event.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice one!

Now I have to decide if I want to try Havoc BH or SW next time.

• MrNoob
      MrNoob commented
      Editing a comment
      I used the xp fire lily havoc build to clear up to tl135. Placed in the top 100 and never made push gear. I'm very glad to see more meta options and the developers should be applauded for making the game more fun than just using the cookie cutter builds for the classes.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      MrNoob Thanks for sharing. I may have bailed on Fire Lily build too early, but I wanted to try the CD/CR build before the event ended. Glad to learn that the Fire Lily can reach TL135 level. What is your hero name in Gold ANB?

Made it to TL135 and into the top 250. Was never going to make top 100 though. Got 1 77 for the main toon and a nice 76 as well. Spent far too many red gems though.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on making the top 250!

I was trying a low-spend strategy and only bought one L-crate instead of two, but I ended up splurging on two Nogrims and unlocking the third research slot, so it was kind of a wash.
Working...
X