ANB on next Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB on next Friday?

I’ve only two cel’ed gears, really need some ANB’s. I guess it’s next Friday? Quite late…

Probably not. The team wants to separate LBs before the next ANB cycle starts.

Comment

Just add app ID to be part of the LB ID… should not be too complicated

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        This has been on the player's wish list for quite a while. If it was easy, they would have done it by now. The big challenge is that many players routinely switch back and forth between platforms, so you have to be able to track which times were posted on which platform.

Let's just wait for the thread about LB separation. I also have questions and suggestions regarding that but I'm still waiting for Adrian to open up the discussion..

Comment

Teebs The vast majority of PC players use that platform because:
        • PC supports a larger screen and a mouse, which gives you better control over movement, pinpointing targets, and switching between attacks
        • PC allows single-click keyboard controls instead of drawing runes, which is faster since you can use your free hand for attacking
        • PC can, and often does, support faster FPS which gives you tighter control over your attacks and movements [for me it is 60FPS on PC vs 25FPS mobile]
        For me, that amounts to about 5 trial levels higher for a hero with the exact same gear build on PC versus mobile. So the leaderboards should separate PC players from mobile players to account for that difference. Maybe there could be a third leaderboard for players who play on dual platforms, but anyone who runs trials on a PC should be scored on the PC leaderboard. Otherwise players will use the PC to push through tougher trials, which would completely defeat the purpose of having two LBs.

Comment

• Teebs
          Teebs commented
          Editing a comment
          I am NOT arguing against splitting the LB. First - I don't care enough to argue one way or another. Second- the arguments for splitting the LB are strong and supportable, and I don't, generally, disagree. Playing mage - 'farming 105' on PC is better/faster than farming it on my pokey Fire tablet. Running story, farming gold, farming lower TL, farming Gems, crafting - I way prefer to sit on my couch and just mindlessly flick through these. I can't imagine doing all these 'tasks' sitting in front of my PC.

Personally, I have no problem getting shunted into the PC LB (again - I don't care enough one way or another). I have no problem that even a single run on PC (as the -condition for which LB you are on) results in PC LB.

However - if getting placed on the PC LB results in being locked out of even being able to play at all on mobile (which is exactly what davidz seems to be arguing for: "Any account should be either pc account or mobile account, not both"), then that would suck and I would find the game far less enjoyable (and it is broadly antithetical to one of the promoted characteristics of the game, cross-platform play) Broadly, it seems the ethos of Eternium is conditioned about cross-platform play: "As long as you create an Eternium account, you can play the same profile on any supported platform!"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/98160...3522495303584/

• Teebs
          Teebs commented
          Editing a comment
          davidz , what do you mean by "not recorded"?

... KTB

Again though - I have no problem with PC players being shunted to PC LB even upon a single PC event play (personally) - as Ozymandius stated - there are clear and well-known advantages to PC play - particularly in LB placement. Few (if any) dispute this.

Your suggestion of removing cross-platform play isn't a good one.

I think a scenario where a PC player can effectively map-shop for the highest level that they can beat on mobile IS a potential complicating factor. But locking out LB placement is vastly different from locking them out of cross-platform play.

... KTB

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Teebs Sorry if I misinterpreted your original comment, which is now mysteriously missing. I agree with your position that cross platform play should not be discouraged by adding a separate leaderboard for "mobile only" players.

In my opinion, people should be allowed to play and compete on any platform, but they should only get badges on the platform that they have the highest rank.

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          You are underestimating the number of players who would use the PC to push difficult trials and then switch to mobile for easier trial (e.g,. use PC to push past Garm at TL149, then record a win against Kara at TL150 on mobile). Dual platform players should compete on the PC leaderboard or else there is no reason to have separate leaderboards at all.

• davidz
          davidz commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the push on pc LB doesn’t change mobile LB at all.

• davidz
          davidz commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the best strategy is to farm xp, gold on pc and compete on mobile…

And what about the steam thing, I imagine you can play it from a browser on a mobile and pc, will they be able to differentiate between browsers on diff platforms and/or with different credentials sent to server as diff browsers registering i.e. when you change the sent info so you register as Ios or android or N95 lol... How's that mess gonna work?

Comment

• davidz
          davidz commented
          Editing a comment
          I think dev can attach an appID to the network requests and use that on the server side to detect the device type.

• Teebs
          Teebs commented
          Editing a comment
          Why would the Steam release be playable in a browser?

As far as I can tell - the Steam release is an alternate PC version to the Windows Store - with a different UI.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/981600/Eternium/

... KTB

Bluetooth keyboards and mice on a phone?... Its a messy one for sure.

Comment

• Kardinaal
          Kardinaal commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps with a game controller, less messy that way, but controls would be awkward for a bit.

Tell the devs to take their time please before the next anb Gives me more time to rebuild my gem count by 5 starring the anb toons I already have!

Comment

Working...
        X