Steam Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Questions.

After struggling to get it working on my Linux. I could login via browser, but when actually trying to play a game (it launches a stand alone client) I had forgotten this(sorry Teebs in previous post), and kept having issues logging in, no matter what or how many times I changed my password, it still refused to log in... eventually I disabled steam secure as I wasn't getting the confirmation emails from it. And that sorted the log in issue.
    Now I remember it well, it tells me last game I played was in 2007 half-life extension pack (remember that?) LOL that's/I'm so old!
    Anyway the point of the post is... if I log in with steam will all my mobile endeavours be negated? will I then be designated as a PC player even tho it may be turn out to be as slow as emulators, virtual boxes, windows 8.1 etc (I got 10+ year old hardware) and all my old mobile scores will become worse? (as they will now be in PC category rankings?) If that's the case would creating a new account be the way to test it before hand? to avoid messing up previous hard work on mobile devices

Yes, I'd like to know the answers to some of these questions as well.

Comment

How about the mobile devices team with no PC? ?

Comment

That's a good question: it might not be convenient for mobile players to log in on Steam if it's going to affect the leaderboards later.

In theory, leaderboard separation should be based on whether a TL was completed on PC or not - but a guarantee would be needed before mobile players rush to sign up elsewhere, possibly ruining their accounts, for some silly cosmetic points.
        Last edited by CarnivorousDeathParrot.2; 10-12-2021, 05:04 PM. Reason: clarity
        Theoretical Modding
        (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• Excalibur71189
          Excalibur71189 commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably right. Meh! Whatever.. my point is it would be cool if we get to steam online using mobile. Steam anywhere. Anyways ??

The "BIG" reward for the Steam (in my opinion) is the 200 Glory - if you don't need that, then I don't see what the point would be to be honest (I very much wanted that - AND I play on PC so the 'risk' of being relegated as a PC player wasn't there for me)

Also - LeaderBoard split has NOT taken place - so guessing what the 'rules' of the LB split beforehand seems odd to be honest - but also - if it is back dated, it seems like this is unfair.

... KTB

Comment

• papa jim
          papa jim commented
          Editing a comment
          for most we have an overabundance of glory, the cosmetic points will be more fun

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't really need either of them, but I claimed them anyway. Guess it's hard for me to pass up free stuff.

AFAIK, it's on a per-event basis, so logging in on Steam wouldn't affect a future ANB, but it may affect the season LB. Either way, it wouldn't happen until after the LBs are split, so you're free to play on any platform for now.

Comment

Working...
        X