Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wulfric
    replied
    You need to run story mode for a second time in order to clear the side quests. You will also have to pick new flowers for Alice but don't worry, she'll take the old ones as well!

Leave a comment:

• Mangowned
    replied
    Yeah I noticed my side quests stopped. My second character has like 8 different quest items in inventory that I cannot turn in. Alice put me on mute and won't take the flowers I got her. Please help as I'm sure I've completed story.

Leave a comment:

• StGeorge688
    replied
    They changed it to make it less confusing. OOPS. Failed big time.
    Please change BACK!

Leave a comment:

• Vedova
    replied
    I've recently returned to the game after a multi-year pause, so I had a level 70 main character that had completed story levels through Act III. I limped through ANB bronze without recipes or crafting mastery. So I began spending some time playing my level 70 main character to get useful crafting skills. The constant messaging about quests waiting was bugging me, so I decided to complete the story quests, even though that meant starting back at story 1.

Yesterday I completed the last story quest, and then began getting other quests non-stop. I'm not sure how to tell the difference between daily quests and side quests, but today my main character, has gotten 12 quests so far, one right after the other. Actually, one quest (Stop the Ritual) from Liana was followed by a message that there was another quest waiting from Liana, so I got the same quest (Stop the Ritual) again and then got rewarded twice for completing it once.

I would be enjoying these new quests if they were more spaced out. They are clever and more entertaining than the old daily quests (i.e. when there was one daily quest per character). But getting them non-stop one after another like this is just weird.

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    replied
    i know the developers answered “not a bug”, but it is a bug.

Being prompted to do a quest and able to collect the needed items, but not able to claim the quest, cannot be a carefully thought decision. Therefore, it’s a bug, an unforeseen consequence of a change in the way side-quests are handled now.
    There were two correct ways of dealing with quests already accepted before the change: allow players to finish and claim them, or return them to the unaccepted state (and removing any related items already collected). The current situation is bad, players get items stuck in their inventory until they finish once the full story, and keep asking why they can’t claim the quests.

It is a bug.

Leave a comment:

• Wulfric
    replied
    Not a bug. Side quests are only available now after the character completes a single run through story mode. Fairly recent change too.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon
    replied
    Just got back into the game and noticed this quest. The quest says to collect 5 Ethereal Ice Cubes from The Wailing Peaks. I have collected 6, but the quest still shows as incomplete. Am I missing somthing or is the quest bugged?

Leave a comment:

• RockDoc
    replied
    Kristoff I agree with you, and in an ANB most of the side quests provide very useful items for a growing new hero, especially for a new player. However, once you've gone through the entire four Acts they are much less useful.

Devs: Please put the side quests back in with the initial story line like it was before. This was an interesting experiment, but learn from it and go back to a more logical progression where the side quest goes along with the main storyline.

That being said, if this is to be the "new normal" than the rewards for the side quests should be changed and increased to match the daily quest rewards since they are nothing more than the initial versions of daily quests. As it stands the current storyline side quests give you less gems, less gold, and less XP compared to the daily quests, and underpowered gear/salvage. Those rewards might have made sense when the hero was only level 40 or 50 and mid-story, but not after they have completed all 4 Acts, are level 70 and have been accumulating hundreds of Champion Level points. Think about it, I'm sure you can do better than that!

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    Moved to the existing thread on the topic.

• Kristoff
    replied
    Ok. Thanks! Wonder why they changed it like that? Having the side quests come up right at the beginning made sense because it was a nice assist for new players.

I'm now playing through the side quests, and I think that the narrative flowed better when they were part of the main storyline. When they're disconnected like this, it doesn't really make much sense story-wise other than to give players a reason to replay the same levels again.
    Last edited by Kristoff; 11-09-2021, 11:47 PM. Reason: Added side quest play-through experience.

Leave a comment:

• Wulfric
    replied
    Sadly yes. The rewards for completion of the quests seem to remain the same however.

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    replied
    Thanks! So just finish the whole story mode up to Kara's Underworld and then go back to the beginning and start all over again?

Leave a comment:

• Wulfric
    replied
    Not a bug. You will get them once you have completed story mode for the first time with a new toon. I can confirm it does happen. I have a level 70 uncommon Left Hand Brotherhood ring with life regeneration as a result.

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    replied
    Hi, Travis | Support Mgr. !

Have the side quests been disabled in story mode, or is what I experienced just another bug?

During this bronze ANB, the character I created got the ring creation, ring fusion, crafting and salvaging side quests, but none of the other quests activated. There was no mushroom soup quest, ethereal ice tea quest, etc.

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    commented on 's reply
    The consequence (stuck items in inventory) of the bug can be eliminated after you complete the story once. That doesn't mean it's not a bug.

I say it's a bug because the proper way of dealing with quests accepted but not achieved or claimed when upgrading to 1.5.73+ would be to just let the player be able to achieve and claim them. Another possibility would be to reset the quest as "not accepted" and remove from all inventories any related collectible items.

The present situation is clearly an unforeseen one, not an intended one: it's a bug.
    Last edited by LodWig; 11-02-2021, 01:05 PM.
Working...
X