Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Eternium fully transition to steam

Dear team,
    will the current version still be available or will Eternium fully transfer to steam? I had someone install this for me and I just click on the icon and play. Will this still be the case? I tried to go to steam, took forever to load because of the poor internet connection here. Signed up, but still waiting for the login password which they say they will send. Tried to install over the link in one of your threads here on the forum but didn't install either. On steam I saw the reviews and makes me wonder if this will only be PC.

Anyway, I am not that adaptable anymore, and this steam seems to be a real hassle. If current version will disappear I had fun playing and thank you for this. If this will be added as additional option regard this message as obsolete.

Noir

With the push to steam an older and less adaptable player like me will not be able to follow. My question will the old current version be available still to play or will it slowly be phased out. I had someone install this on my phone and it's fun...one click to open. Jumping though all the hoops is just too much for me...I tried to sign up and still waiting for the pass..but when I use steam I always have to go to the browser first to access the game.? Sorry if I can't access the game anymore by just clicking the icon on my phone I will have to quit.

Whatever the answer I did have fun and this was one the most exciting games I played on the phone. Thank you for that.

Noir

Comment

There are far too many players that only play on mobile for them to abandon that version. After all, it started as a mobile only game. The move to Steam is only to bring more players into game, not to eliminate mobile players. Keep enjoying it on your phone. I really don't think it is going away any time soon.

Comment

Thanks RockDoc, worried me a little...glad I will be able to enjoy this game a little longer.

Comment

Good question & answer by our Rockdoc I'm a Mobile purist (former PC player) Wat on earth this steam thing?
          just try to log then press press press the err free to play? Nothin happens. Goodbye steam out you go. Log in to the usual eternium via mobile: still can play as usual

Thank you
          Whirlwind Shield Warrior Trial 154 in 9:30 min
          Redmi 10 (40-55 fps thankfully at least no stutter, glitches etc at higher trials) PURIST Mobile user

Comment

The game will remain the same game it's always been on all other platforms. It's been available on PC through the Microsoft Store for years. We just added Steam as another platform option.

Comment

I can’t play laptop when I’m in the bathroom or on a bus commuting.

Comment

• davidz
                davidz commented
                Editing a comment
                You’re right. Cal train or Bart around here. I’m just saying… some people got their company bus such as google bus, but most people wfh thanks to mr Covid.
                Last edited by davidz; 10-14-2021, 03:35 AM.

• Kristoff
                Kristoff commented
                Editing a comment
                davidz The portability and convenience is the biggest selling point that's keeping me on the mobile version. That and crafting.

• davidz
                davidz commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly…

Thanks for all the comments and explanations. It's an added option, but yes the mobile version has the advantage you can play everywhere and easier then by PC. This might open the option that there will be PC only competitions separate from mobile ones. Not sure if PC version will be slightly modified to have it only play on steam. This would address the competition difference between the two. But again, thanks and with renewed energy back to the game

Comment

• Ozymandius
                Ozymandius commented
                Editing a comment
                PC players with high end machines reported a loss of FPS when using Steam, so they would likely revolt against a Steam-only PC platform. I think the clear message from players is that the portability of the game from one platform to another is what keeps them playing. I started playing mostly on mobile to have something to do while riding commuter rail to and from work, but I routinely play across multiple platforms iPhone, Android, PC, and now Steam [though currently waiting on the Android upgrade].

I didn't know that Ozymandius, but yes that will make this switch less appealing for especially veteran players who need the high FPS to competen on the highest leve.l Guess this might become a lengthy discussion on the implemented switch from the existing base. And agreed, android upgrade was announced some.time ago..waiting for that one too.

Comment

Working...
              X