No announcement yet.

How's all my friends ANB's bronze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TL135 completed despite Garm's best efforts to stop me. Sitting at 125 in the leaderboard so in top 500 at least and hopefully top 250. Over 3 hrs left on clock though. Will try and burn more time off and run for gems, gold and essences. Terrible luck with RNG on the BofM. Only managed to get 2 cleave bracers, both 72s out of around 40-60 attempts. Think I missed logging a craft as Pythia craft predictions seemed to be well and truly off. Event effectively ends for me tonight as work finishes at the same time as the event does tomorrow.

Comment

TheExorcist Do you mind if I use your Season LB SW as a template for my ANB SW? And can you tell me if the defender armor is good for XP farming TL 105, or am I better off crafting a separate legendary 6F or 4W 2F to do that?

Comment

• Kardinaal
        Kardinaal commented
        Editing a comment
        I managed just below 2000 cl with my shield warrior. Here is the build I use for farming:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...rple-2ct-build

It’s a 6 defender build. Don’t know how it compares to other warriors, but it’s the best shield build for exp I ever ran.

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Kardinaal Thanks, I was just reading that. My problem with your build is that I didn't upgrade DT, since I was planning on using BR, SB and WW for my push build, so I focused on leveling those up to 10. Is DT still effective on your build if it's only at level 4 or 5?

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Kardinaal I just cleared TL 95 with it. It's pretty good for such an inexpensive build, but the rhythm takes some getting used to. Having now played both, I think that 4W 2F has a smoother flow, but I'll keep working with this SW for now since I decided to commit to it for this ANB.

I think I'll go with a CR CD build SW for my push, though. I have trouble reaching TL 140+ with lily builds.

Good thing it clears mobs fairly quickly because it takes quite a while to kill the boss.
        Last edited by Kristoff; 11-08-2021, 01:17 AM.

After a marathon session I got my clock to under 4 hours. 1939 cl, got a second 77 to take home, and managed to finish my ring.

Now getting ready for a final push, but still need to run some gems to reroll exp from some gear. Gonna be a bit of a grind, but I might just pull it off if I get lucky rerolling. If not I’ll have to push with exp on my gear.
      mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Made it to TL 110, CL 1321, used 3 hours & 8 minutes - didn't have much time during the week, which gave more time to upgrade Whirlwind before trials run

- 37 minutes: Finished Act 1, level 32
        - 1 hour: Level 70
        - 1 hour 50 minutes: Cleared TL 90
        - 2 hours: CL 888, farming TL 90

edit, add ss
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211109-090542_Eternium.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	205874Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_100227.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	205873Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_100248.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	205875
        Last edited by Nhat; 11-08-2021, 11:04 PM.
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you still just running Epic Fury gear?

• Nhat
          Nhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Ozymandius yep, too lazy to work out legendary gear, also still finishing my main's exp fury lily set... added ss

The top shield warrior was “Slag” around 84th place. That you Kristoff? Anyway love the build. No power to speak of, crit dmg, crit rating on everything, and belt of the whirling storm. Only does damage when sb is on, and built for high sb uptime.

I got my Lilly shield warrior to place 223. And that good people, is good enough for my very first medal.

Coming home to my main:

Name:	72033AD7-4720-4FDF-BB1C-5F9882BF7A22.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	205847Click image for larger version

Name:	E286534E-AE05-454D-BA79-FAFA0C02E025.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	205848Click image for larger version

Name:	E4033BF8-CF2C-4427-9554-34A2F823EAB4.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	205849
        mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations, Kardinaal! I wish, but no, that wasn't me. I only made it to the top 500. Might have reached 250 if I'd been able to play more this week.

• Andromeda
          Andromeda commented
          Editing a comment
          Slag was me! Power seems to be pretty useless with Def+BG set. That build is quite bursty, and SB uptime isn’t bad at all. I just wish I’d beaten 144Garm… spent 2hrs on him, he would NEVER spawn in the corner like he was supposed to! -.-

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Andromeda Congratulations on a strong finish! So it's better not to waste power on any of the stat slots?

A bit of a disappointing finish.

Barely cleared TL 130 to get the ranking, but the event timer ended so I just missed the 20 glory, though it's not like I really need it...

Was kind of expecting this because I'm not too familiar with SW, and the holidays are always a bad time for me to join events due to all the family obligations. Had over 5 hours left on my timer and left a lot of unfarmed CLs on the table.

Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but compared to 4W 2F, SW seems to take forever to finish the boss part of the trial. Even when ToS procs, it only chips away slowly at the health bar.

Kardinaal advised combining Whirlwind Axe with Blackguard's Resolve for better healing (thanks, Kardinaal!), but I wanted to see what the set combo was like so I went for the mace and died a lot as a result. Definitely needs way more toughness to survive high-TL mobs. You can't just wade in and expect the Defender and shield bonuses to save you, unlike with the Bladestorm / parry / 4W combo.

Going back to my usual for the season push. Hopefully I can do better there.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Kardinaal
          Kardinaal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you need enough time with the boss to get enough slayer stacks on the boss so you start doing damage. If I go with dt/ww and use frenzy as only attack, I need about 5m30s with the boss to kill it. Once mob phase starts eating into that I get quite stuck. Might be a bit better with a crit based version, since it does more damage. But I still expect you need 5 min with the boss.On average. Dragons need more time as you are dodging more.

The thing with shield warriors is, once you get to the boss, you can facetank quite a lot of attacks.

Like for Kara I just facetank everything. Yes you get a speed debuff from the purple arrows, but your damage comes from blocking anyway, so not too bad. And they are blockable leading to 4 shield slams at least. I try and time my shield block with the arrows to get the most out of them. The minions are not that bad if you go with deadly throw (even lvl 5 will do), which I highly recommend for Kara.

For Elban I take everything except for the big round attack and the life steal ofc.

For Margoth dodge everything, but after every talisman proc take one of his 3 small meteors in the face. It will take you to low health and you get an extra sb from blackguards shield.

For dragons, you need to move, meaning less attacks, less slayer stacks,…. I usually get stuck on Garm. Only enough time can get you past these beasts. You can however use their breath attack to get below 30% health to pick up the extra sb.

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Kardinaal Yeah, not sure how TheExorcist made it past Garm at TL 154. I pretty much copied his season build. All I lack are the CTs on most of the gear.

I feel like I keep running out of SB charges and have to wait so long for it to power up again. And yes, I try to save up at least one SB for Kara's sword storm attack. Maybe I need to space out the use of SB more to keep it active longer.

Garm and TBD are the worst opponents for this build since they have high toughness and you can't just tank them or they'll eat you alive, even with tons of armor and vitality.

I'll probably try your whirlwind axe / blackguard shield combo at some point and see if I get better results.

Pushed to just over 1800 CL with Fire Lily hybrid build, then went to story mode to farm gold and pick up free companions. I completed TL125 in 4:43 using up the last XP booster, the switched over to a critical build [still 4H:2D]. I probably could have pushed the Fire Lily XP farmer higher, but I was on the last day of the event, and I was hoping to earn a top 100 placement on the BH leaderboard. It took several attempts and a steep learning curve to finally avoid being one-shot by Garm at TL144. I tried swtiching over the Smokescreen, but I wasn't able to manage the mob phase fast enough. In the end, I boosted Vitality and switched from Pathfinder to Nimble Fighter for the extra dodge ability.

Name:	Moana TL147.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	205861

I think that if I had another day on the event clock, I could have pushed higher. I guess I have only a short window of time to see if the level 77 Torch and level 76 ToS will make any difference on my hybrid BH season run. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Just complete my anb with a mini push this morn8ng Complete lvl 139 under 7 minute. CL 1750 reached. Still 7 hrs left on clock t8mer. With a small budget of 1500 gem spent. With more t8me to push coulda prolly be in top 100. First time havoc build was real fun. Im bring8ng bach. A 76 torch and a 77 demo boots. With a bonus a nice drop havoc helmet 77

just to show how much 8 didnt had the time t9 push i did not even craft jewelr6 this anb ive took all 3 ephemeral for xp gold on it. To do the push
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X