Always check your equipment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always check your equipment!

I didn't even make it into the top 250 this season because of a dumb mistake on my part.

I changed the enchantments on my weapons to test some things out, but I forgot to re-enchant them back to slayer when I started my final push, and I didn't realize my error until after the season ended.

So the whole time I was wondering why the TLs seemed so much tougher than before, when it was just due to my stupidity.

Hope this helps prevent someone else from making the same screw-up.

I didn’t make any mistake but was still kicked out of 250… 3 badges are gone Is there a new season coming or what?

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      davidz Where did you finally end up?

No idea about the new season. Maybe a new ANB or war supplies on Friday.

What hurts the most is that with slayer, I probably could have cleared TL 152 and had a shot at the top 100 because I already cleared TL 151 last season.

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      what was your position? You know a lot of entries will be removed from top 250, because they belong to different toons for the same player, and only the highest ranked hero counts

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      bojck I think I ended up at 280 or 281, but I kind of doubt that they'll remove 30+ positions. It's okay, though. Missing 3 to 6 medals doesn't really matter that much.

bojck thanks! Great to know that. I’m around 260, hope I can get a shot. I’m still having zero medals.

Comment

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      oh you're certainly in top 250 : ) Not sure about Kristoff, 30 positions are a lot indeed... It's gonna be close!

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      I checked some nice statistics for accounts with multiple heroes that were posted in Discord (as I understood using Medals and CL over a longer period of time to track down which heroes belong to which player). It's available for top 100 only. So actually there are 5 warriors in top 100 that will be removed, because the players have another higher-ranked hero. So it is almost certain that 11 will be removed from top 250, 30 is not likely. For comparison, 11 BHs in top 100 will be removed for this reason. Personally I have 2 hunters that will be removed, because my mage is ranked higher. With mage and BH sometimes people do a few trials when they transfer an ANB toon, myself included. And since vitality is not that important as for warriors, these toons can rank very high without CTs. I made a fun experiment the other day after Bronze ended - managed to do 171 with a BH with 360k toughness So this toon is now sitting there pretty high on the leaderboard. Guess these kind of experiments are not that popular for warriors, as they rely heavily on gear...

Thanks again. Hope I can get it. Yeah, warriors really fight hard, without magic or bombs.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck, davidz! Thanks for looking into this, bojck . I'll plan better next time. Lessons learned.

I actually had several hours left to play the night before, but my partner caught me and forced me to go to bed. I didn't have much time left the next morning, so my plan was to just beat TL 152 since I saw that the top 100 cutoff was at that TL. I was fairly confident I could do it since I'd even upgraded my weapons and gear since the time I'd beaten TL 151, but of course I couldn't do it without the slayer enchants, and by the time I figured out why, the season had ended.
      Last edited by Kristoff; 11-11-2021, 12:47 PM.

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      lol yeah I think you've got your priorities right

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      bojck I debated waiting until they were asleep and then creeping out of the bed to play, but I figured it wasn't worth the grief I'd get if they woke up and caught me again since they're a very light sleeper.

Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful SO and I'd never choose to go back to being single, but I do miss some things, like being able to play games all night whenever I wanted to.
      Last edited by Kristoff; 11-11-2021, 03:51 PM.
Working...
X