Inventory expansion costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory expansion costs

Is this right?? It's been ages since I expanded a character's inventory outside of ANB. I don't have any intention of doing so but I just clicked on the button for the hey of it. I don't recall what the price was but I didn't think it was this much. This is exorbitant for one row of inventory. Is this a bug or is this really what it costs and I've just forgotten it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211112-065457_68dbe00f0fcd6dfd7235a3c537a2baa1__01.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	206023
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

That is the regular, non-ANB price for rows five, six and seven for non-Steam platforms. For whatever reason, Steam prices for unlocking heroes are substantially lower, Non-inventory unlocks in Steam are the same as ANB unlocks. Inventory unlocks when running Steam are greater than ANB costs but far less than the other platforms. The same row costs only 200 gems to unlock when the hero is open under Steam.

The moral of the story? The developers are creating multiple versions of the game and they are not consistent with each other. You need to shop for the version that gives the best results for various tasks. With the extreme costs differences between Steam and the other platforms, Steam should not share leaderboards with the other platforms nor be allowed for cross-platform play. Many players will be clueless about the differences between the various platforms and pay exorbitant costs that they would not have to pay if they were in the know.

The only reason why I run the application under Steam is for the reduced costs.

I find that Steam completely sucks for everything else.

Comment

Oh how easy we forget. If you haven't started a new account recently, you would be shocked at the high cost of game entry in gems, gold, and Glory. In my new account, I paid for the second full stash, which was also priced fairly high, instead of opening each page of the original stash. Luckily that account is just for beta testing, but I can see how a new player would quickly become frustrated with the game, especially the monotony of building crafting mastery. There is such a high cost to open things and there is not really an easy pathway to accumulate gems. Once you complete all four story levels, you can earn 100 gems per day through Daily Quests, but for the rest you either run countless story maps for a small handful of gems OR you buy gems with real money. Do we really think that it is fair to have to play every day for a week just to open a row of inventory or an extra stash page?

Click image for larger version

Name:	stash page.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	206026

You can build a new hero and farm XP during ANB events for less gems, but a lot of new players give up long before they learn how to find these lower cost work arounds. If you want to attract new players, you need to reduce the entry costs.

Comment

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        "I paid for the second full stash, which was also priced fairly high,"?

Just kinda curious here what this means. I mean ... it was $5 when I bought mine ... a totally great deal. Did they increase the cost?

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        Tin Man , I had no idea they had made the Daily Quest unlocks so convoluted! This seems 'unintended consequences' for what Travis said was simplifying the game for the Steam release!

This seems like a real *oops!

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Tin Man Once again I have oversimplified things. Thanks for the correction, and +1 on needing to rethink the "rewards" from side quests. Once you have completed full Story Mode, those rewards are pure crap! It is good to see you posting again. Are you playing Silver ANB?

Teebs It means two things: 1) I could not really remember how much it cost to open the second stash, and 2) I must be really cheap to complain about spending $4.99. LOL Everyone probably thinks that I am living in my mom's basement now...

This is why I barely unlock anything when I create a new character just for farming gems in story mode, and I have to clear out the inventory every 2 to 3 runs.

Comment

The price for the second stash on iOS is 4,99€ for me, and I don’t think price has changed since I started mid spring season.

For most heroes I also don’t unlock a full inventory, but on bronze and silver Anb I unlock a few rows. I also have 2 fully unlocked characters with full inventory on my main so I don’t have to switch gear so much. Push gear one one, exp gear on the other.

For gold I use new characters levelled to 70. I just five star the easy and/or lucrative levels in gold gear with booster, craft a 77 and delete the char. It’s a one stop shop for gold, jewels and gems. To give an example, in act 1 I five star broken mountain, anderheim and broken dragon. The rest I just run once.
        mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Working...
        X