Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kardinaal
    replied
    Damn, I really need to poke my head inside the tavern more. Never knew it was such a bustling place. We could talk about how contracting other heroes, doing some minimal investments to their skills so they gain basic crafting skill, and having them do the crafting for you, is way more efficient. It’s a very common arrangement, where you teach a young hero to stand on his own, and in return he will give you his first level 77 craft. After that, the young hero can just go his own way, or further arrangements can be made to further the training for gold, jewels and gems.

As Wulfric says, every hero gets one 77 craft every 64 attempts, so in average that first 77 will come at craft 32. If you then train a new hero, again in average 32 crafts for the next 77 (compared to 64 if you keep crafting yourself).

(damn it’s not easy trying to roleplay this from a hero’s view)

Leave a comment:

• Wulfric
    commented on 's reply
    L77's and "the bag" is explained in this thread

HTML Code:
    https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/eternium/guides-and-walkthroughs/193012-to-bag-or-not-to-bag-how-do-i-craft-a-lvl77-item
    A long read but worth it. Basically 1x 77 every 64 crafts of legendary set items.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius I do that too, but from my own experience of BoL drop rates, I'm not sure that with 279 CLs, Kinnu was able to use just those to get WW to level 10. I think that he also had to use gems, though I could be wrong.

For example, I had to farm up to 600+ CLs before I had enough BoLs to get an ability to level 10, and compared to Kinnu, I'm pretty sure that I'm a crappy farmer. Now that I think about it, though, he could also have bought event packs that had BoLs in them.
    Last edited by Kristoff; 11-16-2021, 05:00 AM. Reason: Corrected number of CLs.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Turgeon I just crossed the 1200 CL mark, but I am still lagging behind around TL100 for now. I thought I would try the Epic gear boxes, but I won't make that mistake again unless I am trying to run a minimal gem event. Not sure that I can catch up to your CLs though.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Three words: "Books of Learning"

I typically use BoLs to upgrade abilities on both slots at the same time. Much cheaper than spending gems.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, that's why I sometimes spring for a second L-crate in addition to the mats I've farmed, if I haven't found two good items to CT and I still have gold to spend on crafting but no more time to farm. I reason that I would have spent far more to craft outside ANB anyway.

I wish you good fortune as well! Hope you can hold on to that top 5 spot!

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Turgeon I agree, but unless you use a lot of gems, waiting for it to cook takes so long, and then I end up having so many unused hours when the event ends. So I just farm whatever lower TL I can clear in 60 seconds until my WW levels up.

• Tolimar
    commented on 's reply
    I think there is some sort of crafting math formula that guarantees a 77 every certain number of crafts. If that number of crafts includes ALL crafting attempts ANB and non-ANB combined, then I just lucked out during the ANB. It makes up for the huge number of clunkers I craft outside of ANB events. My gut still tells me I craft more 75s-77s during ANBs. My main has two 77s, the rest 74s-76s. It took me forever to go from a 73 to 74 ToS. I really think I’m going to go for the higher level crafts only during ANBs. And yes, it is hard to not compare yourself to others, especially with so much focus on Leaderboards. I made it as high as #5 this current ANB, but I know that moment was as fleeting and transient as a spring rain on Misty Island. Best of luck in all your future endeavors, and much appreciation for your comments.

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    Normally with those cl im alrdy pushing but ill try to get to 1800 2000. This time to maximize the lcrate haha

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    U cant farm effectively with a warrior without ww to 10. Imo

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    Nice to see you. Back to SW again!?

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius Honestly, looking at Kinnu's build felt a bit like this post I made all over again:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...s-was-possible

That their skill and grasp of the game mechanics is such that they can just slap a bunch of non-optimal gear together and still do well.

Or maybe I just lack the knowledge and experience to figure out for myself what's really going on.

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    Thnk ozy youre my inspiration! U learn me a lot of thing i think we both got gqood skill from there the difference is amount of gems spent the. L crate to star farming a# soon as hitting 70 is kinda huge!

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations! I don't think I've ever gotten two legendary 77s. The best I've done is a 77 and a 76.

It's hard to do, but I think that I should stop comparing myself to others and simply keep trying to be a better "me," however I choose to define that.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius I did check the gear stats, and most were the usual ones you see in a warrior farming build, but they didn't have XP on everything. It also used ephemeral push jewelry with CR CD stats, but no necklace. If I remember correctly, there was even some blue or green gear. I struggle to farm TL 80 efficiently with all purples, and I'm trying to figure out how it was done at 58 seconds with gear and ability levels below mine. Frenzy, for example, was only at level 3. The main thing that stood out to me was that their whirlwind was already at level 10, while mine was only level 8 or so.
Working...
X