Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Did Romme make a video of it? Was he using the new BH buffs?

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I find that watching Romme TL181 video reminds me that I have to work on patience and cut down on extra movement. I tend to kite Macgroth from a safer distance, but it turns out that his movements are so predictable that only small movements are necessary, which allows you to get off more shots on target. I also tend to pull mobs that are larger, but I have to cut down on mob size at higher trials.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Turgeon I usually wait until WW 10 proc pulls in a decent-sized mob, then I try and to fire at least one leap and one charge usage for when ToS or power infusion procs. Then I just keep collecting mobs with ITZ, parry passive and whirwind proc from 4W. Charge and templar belt keep your CR high, so you just keep leaping and charging until all the mobs are dead, then you switch to frenzy and do the same to the boss until you kill it.

You run into trouble when there are too many elite mobs for your toughness or bladestorm axe healing to overcome, and if you can't add or do more damage to clear the mobs or kill the boss in time.

I think damage is where playing on mobile hurts me the most, but I see Romme reach top 25 all the time with about the same or maybe a bit more toughness, although he has way more CLs and damage.

• Phương Nguyễn
    commented on 's reply
    I think should watch romme delete tl181 with bh, his method is very good

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius Maybe you can ask Phuong for some advice. Didn't he clear TL 162 with BH? And I think his damage was about the same as yours.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Kardinaal Actually, my stats are better with this hero (e.g., damage 3.4m in Silver vs. 2.6m in Bronze). It is just that the entry point for top 100 was considerably higher in Silver than it was in Bronze. If they ever post the leaderboards for the events, you will see that Silver was a more competitive event for BH than Bronze was. I think the new changes to BH led a number of good players to switch over to BH for this event. It feels like I better find a way to beat Garm at TL149 to make top 100 in Gold.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Kardinaal 6F gives you two uses each of leap and charge, and the whirling belt cuts two seconds off your cooldown whenever you activate whirlwind. So if you use up all your leap and charge on mobs before turning on whirlwind, you get a faster recharge on both abilities. Doing it that way, I'm often able to have a near-constant rain of SoS attacks on the boss once I clear the mobs.

With CD on everything and if ToS and power infusion proc, you can kill Kara with just one or two SoS hits.
    Last edited by Kristoff; 11-23-2021, 11:03 PM.

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    And Ozymandius, 11 spots isn’t that big of a difference. Might just be the luck of the draw crafting…

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    I used 4wl 2D for exp farming briefly, then changed over to 4wl2fury cause I noticed I didn’t need the healing at those tl.

So if I understand right, while the whole world uses 4wl2f for pushing, no one uses it for exp? That explains a lot lol.

Yet another sign it was me that failed, not the cleave tank.
    Last edited by Kardinaal; 11-23-2021, 09:37 PM.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Things are changing. I used to dual class, using a FireLily Fury Warrior as my XP farmer then switching to BH since Warrior was so competitive. With the changes to BH builds, it is suddenly more competitive. I finished one trial higher but 11 spots down from my finish in Bronze even though I had more CLs in this event. Better practice before you make the switch...

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Kardinaal Did you use belt of the whirling storm? I started pushing with 4W 2F, but switched to a CD-based 6F once I'd leveled WW up to 10. Combined with that belt, I was able to farm in 60 seconds at TL 105.

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    Mine was a cleave meta build adapted to using a shield. It tested really good at tl138 when I briefly tried it before. So I was really overconfident.

At tl140 in testing I had zero problems keeping the ww proc going and such things. But when I started exp farming at lower tl it was a completely different story and the problems began. Ww proc was way less dependable, and the mob got left behind more often than not. Tried to correct with some gear changes (2 pieces of defender changed to 2 fury for storm of swords, cause around tl100 it does good damage). Only to find out you need to be really accurate with jump and charge for it to actually hit (which I apparently am not ).

Long story short, I never got my push build to the higher trials where I tested the build works. So Anb ended as a total disaster and so far still no proof the build actually works as good as I think it does.

Once the disappointment goes away a bit I’ll write up a small guide to the build I dubbed “the cleave tank”, and I will definately give the build another go (with a more familiar exp farming build so I can do it justice).

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Kardinaal That's why I didn't go with SW this time. I barely made it to TL 130 last bronze, but I also had over 4 unused hours and only 1400 CLs, so it wasn't entirely the fault of the build.

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite animes, but after seeing the new Netflix series, I don't think that John Cho makes a convincing Spike Spiegel. And I like the actor.

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    Yup. I did. Regret it though . The build is good enough but not a good fit for my butter fingers. And I was sooo shure I could take it to the top 100.
Working...
X