No announcement yet.

Wow, new Silver ANB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after a marathon session I got 4 hours of exp farming in. Got me around 1600 cl, bit disappointing. I just cannot get the hang of ww procs and moving, I allways loose the mobs. And I also find it hard to jump onto the next group, usually they are not on the screen. This means a lot of half missed storm of swords.

I also got really crappy luck crafting again, with a 77 only on the 41st try, a 75 wasted, and more than 20 crafts to get a cleave bom. And To top it all off, I’m out of gems so I can’t change out the exp stat for half my gear.

Performance wise the cleave/shield hybrid is not too bad though, with shield slam slightly outperforming storm of swords around tl110. So I dumped my two fury pieces for defender (I used 2 fury for farming as at lower tl it’s a huge damage boost).

I’m kinda curious how high this experiment can take me, but I probably won’t do the build justice, like I said still not used to moving around by only using charge/jump.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

With under 1hr left and having to go back to the office full time from tomorrow means that I've reached the end of this ANB. Still. 1x 77 cape and 1x 77 bom (sadly its a 99% whirlwind) plus 3 77 drops (two potentially useful, 1 not a set item but still might be useful).

Trial 136 completed (just - was bottom of the 136 rankings) means I should still manage a top 250 finish with a bit of luck.

Tried something new this time. Rather than making/collecting a specific gold set and running story mode to Morgenheim, when upgrading the ephemeral items to legendaries, I went with power/ability/Exp/Extra Gold. Farmed SM for initial gold then relied on trials for gold and gems. Reasonably pleased with the outcome but suffered from a lack of gemstones particularly the green ones.

Now I just need to get on with 5 starring the previous ANB toons.

Comment

TL 129 with ELR Lily DFA for farming exp./gold in the main.

My BH 6H/4h:2D is complete from the last 3 events (top 100 in each, most likely) so wanted to take a break. . . .also tired of crafting jewelry.

I hope some of the stuff that hadn't been adjusted properly (Arcanist, Apprentice, Fireball, Belt of Whispers, BH Assault, Mag trap) is fixed for the next Bronze otherwise I don't have anything I want to craft.
        Theoretical Modding
        (because tweaking numbers won't be enough)

Comment

• TheExorcist
          TheExorcist commented
          Editing a comment
          Carnivourous...
          How's your DFA progress? Any good for pushing. I only play Mage in the old days just because 2 skills that I like very much: in order: DFA follows by the shining and colourful pink color arcane bolt. With the recent development: err any good in tryin say DFA once again?? Thanks

• CarnivorousDeathParrot.2
          CarnivorousDeathParrot.2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not yet.
          Not sure if they were supposed to upgrade the Fireball and it didn't work but Combustion (the belt effect) needs an upgrade or another effect that compounds with it.

I officially declare this silver Anb a bust. Real life got in the way of my push. Just went to 110 for the second ct and called it. Not much of a push to be done in 15 minutes :s .

The build I used however (4wl/2D with shield) has decent potential. When climbing from 95 to 110 I noticed the build getting stronger and stronger. And on my main with single cast gear I did a full map pull at tl139 with it without ever dieing. The many healing procs from 2d bonus coupled with waaay more damage mitigation than even a normal shield warrior, make for an insane tank at what seems to be compareable damage.

I did some comparisons and shield smash seems to outdamage storm of swords in higher trials by quite a bit. You do need around 125% block, at just max block you don’t get enough shield smash, but 25% crit block doubles it up just nicely. There is ofcourse also around 20% parry, and that gets “in the way” of blocking far less than one would expect. I think that’s because you can parry magic attacks and not block them. So around a third of the parries you do are from those magic attacks, so it only is around 13% less block. Where storm of swords varies between 10-15% of my damage, shield slam passes 20% and with more consistent results.

Anyways, the failure doesn’t lie with the build, but more with me being awefull with jump and charge on my relatively small screen. I’m going back to the more mobile friendly 6d shield warrior.

If anyone decent at the cleave meta wants to give the Cleave Tank (tm) a go, I’m more than willing to write it out.
        mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Turgeon I usually wait until WW 10 proc pulls in a decent-sized mob, then I try and to fire at least one leap and one charge usage for when ToS or power infusion procs. Then I just keep collecting mobs with ITZ, parry passive and whirwind proc from 4W. Charge and templar belt keep your CR high, so you just keep leaping and charging until all the mobs are dead, then you switch to frenzy and do the same to the boss until you kill it.

You run into trouble when there are too many elite mobs for your toughness or bladestorm axe healing to overcome, and if you can't add or do more damage to clear the mobs or kill the boss in time.

I think damage is where playing on mobile hurts me the most, but I see Romme reach top 25 all the time with about the same or maybe a bit more toughness, although he has way more CLs and damage.

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnk for the advice buddy but with low medium gear i cant get higher then 153. Hhaha my shield warrior is at the same lvl. But normally cleave is supposed to go way higher then that. But im not yet good with thee skill rotation and im. Not sure i want to take time to learn a meta build who is using basic attack for primarry dmg haha
          Instead im play8ng my shield warrior sometime and shift to hunter since a couple anb Will wait for the next warrior meta bfre investing more time in it

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Turgeon You're welcome! So far I'm at around 152 to 153 also. I see the top warriors doing way more cleave damage, but I don't know how they hit those numbers. Haste may have something to do with it, as some of them really load up on that stat. The rest of it might be just mobile vs PC play, but that doesn't explain Romme's results. I think he's probably just got crazy skills.

Barely managed to squeak into the top 100.

Was hoping to be done before the weekend, but my COVID booster shot laid me low for a couple of days. Felt so bad that I couldn't play at all. Thank goodness I was able to use up my last two hours this morning and the night before.

Had really bad drop and crafting luck, so I ended up having to CT a sub-par 76 cleaver (which was a drop) just for the extra damage bonus.

Played a perfect Garm game at 139, blew through Kara and Magroth, then ended with a sloppy win against TBD at 142. Couldn't crack 143, so I just spent the rest of my time farming XP and mats. Didn't bother crafting since I'd used up both CTs anyway.

Hope the rest of you had a great experience!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Gratz for your top 100

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Turgeon Congratulations to you too! Heard that you got in as well.

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnk Kristoff yes ive finished somewhere in the 70

Oh Dang!
        Just putting all my push gear on , still just under an hour to go....walks out to battle and.... Aargh timer expired, I really thought I had another hour DOH!

Comment

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          It happens to me too. I had over 4 unused hours last ANB bronze, but that was more about poor time management on my part.

Haha. Like ussually i did my small push yesterday before bed then i was supposed like i do normally to finish the push bfr work on morning. But my ipad didnot recharge in the night. Doh so when i wake up this morning to complete the push the battery were at 0% lol. So i end up with 3hrs unused. With tl149 complete

at least it place me in top 100.

congratz to everyone with their anb

ill add a couple cl on my main and bring back a 77 firebug
        3 other 77 drop good for gold runner
        Attached Files

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I never caught up to you this event. I admire your tenacity in pushing for the extra CLs.

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnk Ozymandius first time ive reach that cl in any anb but it didnt worth anything. Hasnt been able to push decently so i could have reach that with way less cl. But happy to gain some exp for my main

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          It gets harder to stay motivated to farm XP when you only get 1 or 2 CLs on each trial. I ran TL105 so many times that I lost count. I probably should have mixed it up a bit more to keep from getting bored with XP farming, but it is hard to give up the visibility of a nice snow map.

Wake up in the morning: have local breakfast nearby (ayam penyek vs Milo). Went home: watched my fav anime: Naruto plus hunterxhunter then as an afterthought: log in eternium am I kicked out? Lemme see: ohh for heaven's sake:

Turgeon dear friend: Congrats on achieving trial 149and no 76. But but it seems this time playin warrior at silver anb need just trial 144 to be at no 71?.

Congrats to all of us Have a nice day
        Attached Files
        Last edited by TheExorcist; 11-23-2021, 02:38 AM.
        New Season:

Whirlwind Shield Warrior Trial 154 in 9:40 min
        PURIST Mobile user

Comment

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice finish exorcist gratz for the top 100. Will you be playing shield warrior aga8nnext gold anb?

• TheExorcist
          TheExorcist commented
          Editing a comment
          We'll see. Havent made my mind yet? SW or Havoc it might even be DFA build ( my normal mage 5 star runnin completed long time ago. If I choose a mage I can run Mage 5 star again). As an afterthought?: Gold is difficult: just 6 hrs. COMMON SENSE: we should choose the one that WE ARE VERY FAMILIAR WITH. Am I right??. Now for me : it's a whirlwind shield warrior. Hopefully I don't have to throw dice: head or tail? SW for head, Havoc or DFA for tail. This is fun
          Last edited by TheExorcist; 11-25-2021, 12:01 AM.

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha thats a good option dunno where you found the time to 5 star. Did it on only two character for now
          I always need to be wise on the gem i spend in anb . Only bought season pass once. So gems are rare!

Busy weekend. I had to sneak off to an empty conference room at work to make the final push early this morning. Struggled with low FPS and a couple of dropped connections on trials, but the system let me keep moving ahead even though the trials did not register on the leaderboard. Managed to complete TL148 and earn 1919 CLs. I did manage to push the Fire Lily 6 Havoc BH through TL130 in just over 6 minutes last night. So, if you just want to get the final reward for completing TL130, you can just skip the Legendary Crafter's Crate and just run the 6H gear set. I probably could have pushed the 6H higher, but I was anxious to start the final push with the 4H:2D hybrid. When I first made the switch, I was disappointed with the fact that I could no longer one shot the non-elite mobs, so I added the third healer to improve mob control. It was more competitive for BH this event. I finished one trial higher than Bronze, but dropped from rank 77 down to rank 88. I guess I need to practice fighting Garm in TL149, so I can push into the 150s in Gold. I would have liked to have spent some time crafting, since I had a ton of materials and gold, but I had to get back to my desk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Artemis TL148.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	206562

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Kristoff What I found is that having a rocky obstacle is a mixed blessing. You do avoid a few of Garm's spitting attacks, but I find that it is easier to time and dodge attacks in a wide open map than when Garm is moving around obstacles. Maybe because the timing of attacks seems more predictable when Garm is stationary than when Garm is moving around. The best distance for fighting Garm seems to be just outside of the stun circle radius. If you are at a distance, Garm switches to the three pronged spitting attack which is harder to dodge. Definitely good to have some distance against TBDs overflowing attacks though.

Turgeon I have not mastered it yet, but the best strategy is to ignore the blue circles altogether and use Smokescreen to survive the poison ring attacks. There is a nice video of that technique on Discord that makes it seem worth the effort to learn. You just have to survive long enough to build up enough stacks of molten armor, tracer ammo, and osmosis, so that you can finish off Garm. I think that I die more times trying to time my run through the blue circles than if I could master the smokescreen approach.

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Ill need to wait for the video since im not on discord haha. But ill try to found it on you tube

• Kristoff
          Kristoff commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the tips!

Have to try and remember them the next time I switch to BH.
      Working...
      X