This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAQ Thread

As the title says. Feel free to post questions/answers you think should be added to this list, and I hope it helps.
    If you can't find what you're looking for here, you might also check out the wikia, just in case. And remember: knowledge rarely hurts!

Codes
    Q: Where can I find the code for the Set Item?
    A: It's actually properly listed in the forums. Look around just a bit or follow this link for a shortcut.

Q: How do I find my friend code/public ID?
    A: From the character menu, click on the handshake icon (bottom of screen). Your own ID is listed in the bottom right part of the screen there. If you add friends, you'll get gems for the first one and gold for the next five. If people add you as their first friend, you will get Gems, but only for the first nine times this occurs.

Equipment
    Q: What's the difference between Staves, Maces, Swords and Axes?
    A: Staves cannot be equipped by Warriors. In addition, if a weapon has 750 average Damage, a Staff will roughly have [600-900] damage range; a Mace will have [720-780]; a Sword will have [660-840]; an Axe will have [530-970].

Q: Where can I find Set Items, Named Items and Living Items?
    A: Any enemy that has a drop table can drop Named- and Set Items randomly. However, odds seem to improve with difficulty [Normal < Heroic < Legendary], and enemy type [Normal < Elites < Bosses]. Note that only Gorgona, the boss of 6. Misty Island, can drop the Arcanist set (when fought by a Mage) and the Juggernaut set (when fought by a Warrior).
    Locked Chests (the type that requires Gems to open it) can also contain non-Gorgona Set Items, which can be identified from their unique design. There's no confirmation on Locked Chests containing Named Items at present.
    There are also Set Item Chests that always contain an Epic or Legendary Set Item. One can be obtained as a gift, and one can be claimed each month from the rewards calendar.
    "Living" Items (such as the Stormblade) are only obtainable through promotional events and cannot be obtained outside these in-game events.

Q: Why did my gear item(s) just turn grey! Is it broken?
    A: Gear that is 10 or more levels below your character's level will turn grey because using even a Common Green item at your character level is typically an upgrade from a piece of gear that is so far beneath you. Greyed-out gear still works like normal. Be aware that a warning pop-up will not appear when (accidentally?) trying to sell greyed-out gear.

Q: I got a chest from the Secret Code/Rewards Calendar/Store, how do they work?
    A: Chests that you can keep in your Inventory will always contain equipment matching the level of the Hero who opens the chest, as the time that Hero is used to open the chest. The contents of each type of chest are as stated in their descriptions. due to the rarity of Set Items, chests containing these are best kept closed until your Hero of choice reaches Level 70.

Q: How do I make good rings and necklaces?
    A: Let me refer you to this thread. Just to recap, when making a Legendary Ring/Necklace you'll want to make and use two Epic Rings/Necklaces with one stat each and one Epic Ring/Necklace with the other two stats you want on the Legendary.

Q: How does the Crafting system work?
    A: Crafting 101!
    • Crafting allows you to consume 3 items in order to create 1 new item, its type (sword/cape/chestpiece/etc) being of your choosing.
    • The quality of the crafted item (Common, Uncommon, etc) depends on chance and the quality of the ingredient pieces.
    • The level of the crafted item is two higher as the average level of the ingredient pieces, with an additional +1 bonus for each ingredient piece that matches the item type you are crafting.
    • The crafted item can retain one stat (Power, etc) that's carried by all ingredient pieces. In the event that multiple stats are shared, only one is retained! Which stat remains in this case can be checked in the Crafting menu, so do take note.

Stats
    Q: What does the [...] stat do?
    A: From your equipment menu, you can press the small red [...] button to view your stats and their effects. Incidentally, the unlisted Vitality stat increases your Life value.

Q: How does Block/Parry/Dodge work?
    A: If you Block an attack, 75% of the damage is mitigated. You can only Block attacks while a shield is equipped.
    If you Parry a melee attack, all damage is prevented. If a ranged or magical attack is parried, its damage is halved instead.
    If you Dodge an attack, all damage is prevented, no questions asked.

Q: Regeneration or Life on Hit?
    A: Life on Hit. Equipment provides higher bonuses to it when compared to Regeneration, and it's applied every time you attack (meaning attack speed now improves your healing speed).

Q: Does Damage Reflect reduce incoming damage?
    A: No. It only deals damage to anything that hits you.

All sorts of Levels
    Q: Why do my damage and toughness go down when I level up!?
    A: Certain stats depend on the level of whatever monster's being fought. For example, 10 points of armor would give you ~50% damage reduction against a level 1 monster but way less against a level 70 monster. In exchange, as you level up, you will find higher level gear which gives you higher stat points.

Q: What's the deal with my Synergy Level?
    A: Your Synergy Level starts out at 0 and goes up each time you finish upgrading an ability (so +9 for a skill that's level 10). Synergy levels grant bonus Ability Rate, Vitality and Attack Speed at certain thresholds. You can check your Synergy Level and tap it to view its effects. It's found at the left side of the ability upgrade menu.

Q: What's a "Champion Level"?
    A: After any of your Heroes reaches the maximum level (currently 70), the experience that Hero obtains will go towards raising your Champion Level instead. Your Champion Level is shared amongst all your Heroes, even ones that have yet to reach the maximum level. Each Hero can individually boost his or her stats by tapping the icon indicating your Champion Level (above the character profile in your menu). Use the +1 and +10 buttons to invest your Champion Points in stat bonuses. Each tab (offense, defense and utility) will receive a Point once in each 3 Champion Levels you obtain. Points can never be lost once obtained, and can be re-arranged at no cost by tapping the [Reset] button. After you finish filling out the Defense and Utility tabs, leftover Champion Points can be re-distributed to the Offense tab.

Companions (a.k.a. Minions)
    Q: About the shop's Endar (archer), Norgrim (tank) and Maggie (healer)...
    A: Endar, Maggie, and Norgrim are identical to their free equivalents.

Q: What does Chain Shock (Xagan's skill) do?
    A: The mage (Xagan) has Frostbolt for his normal attack, which has a chance to freeze the mob it hits. He has an AOE knockback spell that he casts when mobs get close to him (similar to the ranger's disengage, but it throws the mobs very far away). And you control his Arc Lightning spell, which is a single bolt that jumps between mobs, does damage and stuns them for a length of time. His aura adds Ability Rate which reduces the cooldown of your skills.

Q: Do minion auras stack?
    A: Yes. They are supposed to stack.

Q: Can I put gear on my minions?
    A: No, you cannot equip your minions. Instead, Companions receive some fraction of the stats from your character. Even so, they stay woefully underpowered for the entire game. They are mostly only useful for their special abilities that you control and the small boost their auras give to your character.

Miscellaneous
    Q: Can I transfer my account from one platform to another? (iOS, Google Play, Amazon, Windows 10)
    A: Yes you can! With the newest update (at the time this was written), you can register an account for yourself. So long as you remember your login credentials, you will then be able to log in from any platform to access the same account!
    Oh, but you can't be playing on multiple devices at the same time, of course. Remember to close the app when you're done with it.

Q: Should I spend Gems on [...]?
    A: * Since they directly influence your combat potential, you should eventually unlock all your skill slots and companion slots.
    * Ability upgrade slots allow you to speed up improvement of your character and synergy level, so only get them if you're in a hurry to improve or raise your Synergy.
    * The store's companion warrior (Norgrim) and ranger (Endar) only differ from the free version in appearance, but buying them can allow double/triple employment. The healer (Maggie) and mage (Xagan) have unique skills making them more valuable.
    * Purchasing equipment or opening chained chests is up to your own discretion. Chained chests sometimes contain set items.
    * Character slots are an investment; any character you raise to level 5 can receive daily quests to earn you an additional 20 Gems per day.
    * Inventory/Stash space can be bought as needed.
    * Gemstone Selection is useful if you're aiming for perfect jewelry.

Q: What is that grey bar that sometimes appears above an enemy's HP bar?
    A: This bar is related to Crowd Control(CC) resistance. When an enemy is struck with CC (Stunned, frozen or hit by Singularity or Vortex) this bar will fill. The bar's fill will lower over time, and has no effect on its own. When the bar is full, it will turn blue, and the enemy will be temporarily rendered immune to Stun and Freeze effects. Slows, displacement by Vortex and Singularity, knockback effects and Silence Field can still affect CC immune creatures.

Q: What is the use of this readable book (not the Mage off-hand weapon!) I found?
    A: There's several 'books' in the game that can be read to gain an insight on the lore of the game. Each of these books has a 100% chance of being dropped exactly once if you slay all monsters on the map the book is linked with. However, it will not be dropped if you already held a copy of the same book in your inventory when the map was started. The books have no other use, so feel free to sell them for 3 gold each, or hold onto them to avoid getting more dropped when repeating the maps.
    Last edited by Modo; 11-04-2016, 05:44 AM.
    Hello, I'm that one guy whose friend code is VAGI POSA WEME 3316. Feel free to worship me, I won't hold it against you.

War does not decide who is right, it only determines who is left.

FAQ Thread -- Mage & Minions -- Fanbase Wikia

Q: Can I transfer my account from one platform to another? (iOS, Google Play, Amazon, Windows 10)
    A: Yes. You can log into your M7M account on any platform and it will sync all your progress from the server. Purchases made on other platforms will also still apply to every platform. For example, the Gem subscription that Apple will not allow can be purchase on another platform and you will still get your daily gems on iOS.

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer)
    Parry/Dodge/Block Chances are capped at 95%.

All basic attacks have a 25% chance to reduce the cooldown of all abilities by 2 seconds. This new mechanic acts as a resource system: the more you attack the more often you cast your big hitters.
    Ability Rating has no influence on the chance or the reduction.
    All procs have an internal cooldown (equal to your attack speed by default).
    Concerning experience gain, 1 monter in Legendary difficulty worth 1.33 monters in Heroic difficulty or 3 in Normal difficulty.
    Last edited by ezcry4t3d; 02-08-2017, 09:04 PM.
    VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
    Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Might be better with a slightly expanded explanation of minion skills ,healer silence , mage and his chain lightning , seen it asked a few times.
      Last edited by whitelight; 03-26-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ezcry4t3d View Post
        A: Not yet. Once the new authentication system is rolled out on BOTH of the platforms involved it will be possible. As of 25/03/2016 it has rolled out on Windows 10 and Amazon and will be submitted for release on Apple soon.
        Thanks, I'll refrain from adding it for now since the answer should change in about a week.

Originally posted by whitelight View Post
        Might be better with a slightly expanded explanation of minion skills ,healer silence , mage and his chain lightning , seen it asked a few times.
        Done.
        Hello, I'm that one guy whose friend code is VAGI POSA WEME 3316. Feel free to worship me, I won't hold it against you.

Comment

Ok, again:
          Can someone share with us the skills of the minions from shop please?

Comment

Originally posted by Antropic View Post
            Ok, again:
            The store's companion warrior (Norgrim) and ranger (Endar) only differ from the free version in appearance, thus you can learn about their skills & auras by looking at their free equivalent.
            The healer (Maggie) has the same skills and aura as the free healer except that Vortex is replaced by an AOE Silence that prevents mobs from casting spells for a length of time.
            The mage (Xagan) has Frostbolt for his normal attack, which has a chance to freeze the mob it hits. He has an AOE knockback spell that he casts when mobs get close to him (similar to the ranger's disengage, but it throws the mobs very far away). And you control his Arc Lightning spell, which is a single bolt that jumps between mobs, does damage and stuns them for a length of time. His aura adds Ability Rate which reduces the cooldown of your skills.
            VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402

Comment

Does minion's aura stacked? Example if I used 3 Endar, attack speed x3 from them?
              Add me - KOBE XUGO FAYU 7070

Comment

Ok, again:
                Follow the link, please?
                Last edited by Modo; 03-27-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for information.
                  So the other tank and ranger minions are not worth to get them.
                  Than I have to wait until lvl 60 with mage to get Singularity skill to replace with Vortex (Eileen), this skill is very useful.

Comment

Thanks for information.
                    So the other tank and ranger minions are not worth to get them.
                    Than I have to wait until lvl 60 with mage to get Singularity skill to replace with Vortex (Eileen), this skill is very useful.
                    As far as I know Singularity does not silence the enemies, so Archer are still able to hit you.
                    However, Vortex also stuns the enemies and is therefore not entirely comparable to Singularity.
                    'Jushug' ZAWE FIYU ROBI 3231

Comment

Originally posted by Kaalinfaz View Post
                      As far as I know Singularity does not silence the enemies, so Archer are still able to hit you.
                      However, Vortex also stuns the enemies and is therefore not entirely comparable to Singularity.
                      Excatly.Singularity pushes mobs in a direction where it is launched.And does damage.On the other hand,Vortex wraps mobs,imobillizing them for a short amount of time which I find very useful,especially versus bosses.They are different spells with advantages and disadvantages.
                      Add me : Fury,TUVI YISO XOHA 8503

Comment

Singularity is dangerous in a confined area - or even against a wall. It will bounce off and actually bring your enemies back towards you.
                        Not just 50% of the Rusty Planet, but the entire level Going With the Flow...

ZORE XECA BAME 1474

Comment

If you aim properly, that can be avoided or abused to keep enemies in Singularity's range for longer periods of time (great with Apprentice set, all those fires..!)

On which note: it seems skills will aim at the center of your drawn sign, know thy aim.
                          Last edited by Modo; 04-02-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Gemstone Guide

Fuse Level Gemstone Ruby Topaz Emerald Sapphire Amethyst Diamond
                            Total Requirement Name Power Crit Rating Vitality Attack Speed Ability Rate Armor
                            243 None Rough +5 +5 +5 +0.5% +5 +20
                            81 5 Common +10 +10 +10 +1.0% +10 +40
                            27 10 Teardrop +20 +20 +20 +2.0% +20 +80
                            9 15 Radiant +30 +30 +30 +3.0% +30 +120
                            3 20 Trillion +40 +40 +40 +4.0% +40 +160
                            1 25 Brilliant +50 +50 +50 +5.0% +50 +200
                            Maybe this goes in more of a wiki/guide than a FAQ, I don't know...
                            Last edited by ezcry4t3d; 04-03-2016, 03:02 AM.
                            VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402

Comment

I do think it's a bit much for a FAQ entry, yeah. Nice format.

Comment

Working...
                              X