Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good luck to you all for this holiday ANB bronze!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad battlemaster is just salvage material.

Oh, well... The stats were crappy anyway.
    Attached Files

Comment

Missed again by a few seconds.

Tried for TL 144 when I maybe should have just cleared TL 143 a little bit faster.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        No way, man. You have to go for it!!!

For the first time, I wish there were more than two CTs.

Got lucky and managed to craft three 77s without using any extra L-boxes.

Wanted to bring the belt home too, but I CT'd the axe because the original damage rating was garbage.

Thanks to bojck for the suggestion to stay at lower TLs.

With the faster clear times, I was able to farm enough gold and mats to craft my three 77s, though the trade-off was that I missed out on some CLs.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Kristoff; 01-06-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Naos Thanks! Until I took bojck 's advice, I didn't think these results were possible for me without buying multiple L-boxes.

And like you, I had some awful luck. The first 77 landed on my XP farming set, and I thought I was going to have a hard time getting a 77 weapon.

• Naos
        Naos commented
        Editing a comment
        Good advice from bojck indeed.

What works for me is this:

I pick Tl 70 or Tl 80 depending on how good my xp set turns out. And start accordingly.

I wait until my clear times are registering low 30's. Then execute 10 lvl leaps. Tl 100 and Tl 105 are tricky though.

Because; while the lower tiers offer good balance on xp, gold and resource gain for early farming, staying there for too long really hinders what you can do with crafting later.

So the idea is to reach Tl 100 or Tl 105 as soon as possible. Unless you were lucky on the xp set(might as well be considered unlucky for the push set); a typical lvl 72-73 xp set can only start to maintain reasonable times around Cl 1200-1300. Therefore at some point you'll have to settle for higher clear times and make the jump. You can counter this with strategic use of mini map occasionally but that really is not my thing because those short pauses break the flow and thus the fun. At least to my taste.

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        I found TL 100 to be much more forgiving and faster to consistently clear, as per bojck's advice.

The one mistake I made was forgetting to drink the beer, which would probably have improved my time.

I'm all for enjoying the game as well, but by the 50th time I cleared the same TL, I just had my eyes glued to the mini-map to find the largest mobs and elite groups.

Hello;

Finished the event i guess at 32nd place.

This was a horrible event for me on angles. Probably everthing which could possibly gone wrong, went wrong.

First of all, i couldn't receive an event pack i bought and still waiting for a response from the support team.

Made a bad judgement mid game. I switched from warrior to mage too early at around 4h30 min mark. That negatively impacted xp, gold and resource gain due to slower clear times. Not playing a mage for a long time also contributed to this as i was a bit rusty.

I couldn't use around 3h15min of my event time due to rl. Further, I could just start crafting my push set around 1h25min left on the event timer. Therefore had to rush through crafting without paying much attention so that i'd still have some time for pushing trials. Also not receiving the event pack as mentioned before further complicated things due to thight resources.These two factors lead me to waste 2 lvl77's while rapidly crafting and managing resources...

Started pushing around 1h10min left on the timer. Near the end after clearing Tl 140; next 3 consecutive achievements were not registered by the game. Only the fourth which was also the last one registered at Tl 144. If it did not i would be out of top 50 due to no time left.

Anyways i am still taking home a lvl 77 IG and a lvl76 BoM. More important than that a fully unlocked mage...

Hope you all had fun.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, dual classing is always a tough call. It is best to farm maximum XP before switching classes, so you can just build one new Crit gear set.

• Naos
        Naos commented
        Editing a comment
        Ozymandius if i had known any better

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Naos If it makes you feel any better, I made the same mistake the first time that I tried dual classing from Warrior to BH.

Finished my Live off the Land challenge by completing TL120. Much better than I had expected for an event with no gear crafting or purchases, but only good enough for fourth place among BHs competing in the challenge. I think that they are planning to re-run the challenge on the next Bronze ANB for anyone who wants to go rogue and play a retro version. The nice thing is that aside from gems earned in game play, gem spending was capped at 625 [which covers the standard unlocks], and you end up with a lot of materials from salvaging gear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Whisper TL120.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	208317

Comment

• Naos
        Naos commented
        Editing a comment
        That is an interesting concept and a respectable achievement. Gratz...

Looking at your final score, it seems like you still had a comfortable 4-5 lvls to go. Ran out of event or self timer?

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Naos Yeah, I ran out of time on event timer. First time that I ever ran out of time in a Bronze event, but it was really slow going at first. It took around 2.5 hours to reach level 70.

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Ozymandius Welcome to my world! I often run out of time on events even though I still have extra time on my play timer.

Congratulations on your top finish!
    Working...
    X