Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good luck to you all for this holiday ANB bronze!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arawn
    commented on 's reply
    Bali_Lenni Yeah I used to think there was some trick to take advantage of the BOM crafting configuration, not unlike there being a method to craft a 77 in 20-30 attempts with a new character. But the top ten players on the LB all have 75-77 BOMs so, like Kardinaal and Kristoff pointed out, I think it just takes a LOT of time and resources

• Bali_Lenni
    commented on 's reply
    I was wondering about that as well and decided to use the Selffullfillingprophecy tactic and named my toon LenniBoM.....
    I did end up with a 77 FrostboltBOM , nice for the Arena toon, and a 75 498% Frostbeam BOM, will have to content with that for quite a while I suppose...
    ....so I guess my strategy did work out a little bit ;-)

....wondering how many months/years it will take to get that 77 500%......

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius Welcome to my world! I often run out of time on events even though I still have extra time on my play timer.

Congratulations on your top finish!

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    I found TL 100 to be much more forgiving and faster to consistently clear, as per bojck's advice.

The one mistake I made was forgetting to drink the beer, which would probably have improved my time.

I'm all for enjoying the game as well, but by the 50th time I cleared the same TL, I just had my eyes glued to the mini-map to find the largest mobs and elite groups.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Naos If it makes you feel any better, I made the same mistake the first time that I tried dual classing from Warrior to BH.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Naos Yeah, I ran out of time on event timer. First time that I ever ran out of time in a Bronze event, but it was really slow going at first. It took around 2.5 hours to reach level 70.

• Naos
    commented on 's reply
    That is an interesting concept and a respectable achievement. Gratz...

Looking at your final score, it seems like you still had a comfortable 4-5 lvls to go. Ran out of event or self timer?

• Naos
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius if i had known any better

• Naos
    commented on 's reply
    Good advice from bojck indeed.

What works for me is this:

I pick Tl 70 or Tl 80 depending on how good my xp set turns out. And start accordingly.

I wait until my clear times are registering low 30's. Then execute 10 lvl leaps. Tl 100 and Tl 105 are tricky though.

Because; while the lower tiers offer good balance on xp, gold and resource gain for early farming, staying there for too long really hinders what you can do with crafting later.

So the idea is to reach Tl 100 or Tl 105 as soon as possible. Unless you were lucky on the xp set(might as well be considered unlucky for the push set); a typical lvl 72-73 xp set can only start to maintain reasonable times around Cl 1200-1300. Therefore at some point you'll have to settle for higher clear times and make the jump. You can counter this with strategic use of mini map occasionally but that really is not my thing because those short pauses break the flow and thus the fun. At least to my taste.

• Ozymandius
    replied
    Finished my Live off the Land challenge by completing TL120. Much better than I had expected for an event with no gear crafting or purchases, but only good enough for fourth place among BHs competing in the challenge. I think that they are planning to re-run the challenge on the next Bronze ANB for anyone who wants to go rogue and play a retro version. The nice thing is that aside from gems earned in game play, gem spending was capped at 625 [which covers the standard unlocks], and you end up with a lot of materials from salvaging gear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Whisper TL120.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	208317

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, dual classing is always a tough call. It is best to farm maximum XP before switching classes, so you can just build one new Crit gear set.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    No way, man. You have to go for it!!!

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    Naos Thanks! Until I took bojck 's advice, I didn't think these results were possible for me without buying multiple L-boxes.

And like you, I had some awful luck. The first 77 landed on my XP farming set, and I thought I was going to have a hard time getting a 77 weapon.

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    Lol I read your rank and hit the like button before reading the rest of your post as well. Still congrats on a nice rank.

• Naos
    commented on 's reply
    Those are really nice crafts. Gratz...
Working...
X