Beware for new players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware for new players.

As the new "offer" system has just been added to the game, I feel it my civic duty to point something out. Any new players that come along any of the offers seen in the images here, please please do not waste your money. To expand:-

1. The bunch of low level Epic items are completely useless and will be obsolete after one or two TL runs, there is no benefit to these items at that colossal price.

2. The orange boxes sound like a good idea, however you will only get Lv70 items. Those items will become next to useless within an hour or two of play. These boxes used to be given as milestone rewards in AnB's. Again do not waste your money.

3. The green jewlery boxes, please again, do not waste your money on them! You get them for free in the current AnB milestones and in War Supplies event and in season rewards.

All the veteran and even relatively new players will probably already know all of the above. However if just one new person reads this and this changes their mind and saves some money, totally worth it.

As a side note, it is good to support the Devs with cash injections, however spend wise, not wasteful. Good value for money is Daily Gems and Season Bank. One day even the purchasable boosters in AnB might be worth a splurge of cash on, they just need minor tweaks. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211225-124227_Eternium.jpg Views:	73 Size:	32.7 KB ID:	207722Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211225-204903_Eternium.jpg Views:	71 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	207723

There ARE good things about this store though (in many ways - this feels like what Gornathon should have long ago been!)

3 Gem packs for 125 Gems was a pretty good deal.

The 3 Basic Crafting crates for 35k gold.

I agree they work on tweaking the real money offers probably, but I am much happier with some of the in-game currency offers than what I have ever seen Gornathon offer (I am just not sure how often the offers refresh though?)

... KTB

Comment

• RAFERS102
      RAFERS102 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, the 3 crafting crates for 300 gems makes them half the price. However they really need to sort out those cash ones as new players may get sucked in. Or some child with parents credit card goes wild.

Wish I had read this before I purchased the legendary items.

Comment

• RAFERS102
      RAFERS102 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can only apologies for not getting it up sooner.

Some of the event packs can be useful to new players... I do agree it should be written that the legendary boxes are level 70 so people don't feel misled.

Regarding these offers - Jboxes are not a bad deal in ANB - if you want to craft good jewelry these help a ton, and also save time.

Epic sets can serve you well if you're doing story mode, so why not? Full 6 fury/havoc can clear the whole story mode, just need to change weapons.

Orange boxes are ok for someone who has low crafting mastery and lacks recipes.

Tbh if the offers are too good it will be a much bigger problem: if people were buying 2 77s for 10 bucks, I'd be pretty pissed.

Personally I wouldn't buy any of these deals for cash at this point, as I get everything I need from 30-day gems and season passes, but as long as the terms are clear I don't mind people spending money to quench their impatience :P
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• RAFERS102
      RAFERS102 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry what! Say again! You're saying $10 for some an epic set that becomes useless on the next run is good value or even worth it at all?

You get 3 J boxes in AnB really quickly anyway, can't see what benefit 3 more would create, other than saving time on the craft jewelry front. Again can't see how $10 is even close to worth it.

Wouldn't bother me one iota if the two orange boxes were lv77, all the power to people that want to spend that much on something you can get within 64 crafts. In fact, I think that is a great idea, make them Lv77 and Ephemeral, so people can decide to CT them or craft what they need. Then they would be marginally worth it for new players and big spenders.

Never said there were no useful packs in the store, however the ones I have shown are an absolute scam and the devs should be ashamed that they even exist.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by bojck View Post
      I do agree it should be written that the legendary boxes are level 70 so people don't feel misled.
      This will be fixed (the description will be updated).

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Rafers I'm not saying these are great deals, just explained what use they could have, but you didn't read it?

An epic havoc set can take you through the whole story mode. Not everyone levels quickly in trials. Besides this same epic set is enough to level up to 70 in trials, there's no need to throw it away after on run.

Regarding the 77s, I'm glad you're not the one in charge of the rewards, cause what you're saying is ridiculous

I kind of agree on the cost, some of the gear packs are fairly expensive. But there is value in them:

You get maxed out gear (for the level). For AnB, the difference between levelling to 70 with manually crafted gear (with average exp stat) and buying the gear sets, might be worth it if you can justify the costs for yourself. And looking at leader boards you see some players consistently getting top 10 finishes, I bet they don’t mind spending a bit more to shave off a few minutes, especially on gold AnB. And it saves time on crafting as well ofcourse.

So the warnings here are certainly useful for new players, and people that are on a budget. Just wanted to specify that there is a use / value to these items depending on your priorities.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• RAFERS102
      RAFERS102 commented
      Editing a comment
      I still don't understand how there is any benefit to these items? The best of the lot is the J boxes, however doesn't give much of an advantage. In AnB, I can get to lv70 in under 10 minutes, so I can't see how spending £8.99 would help me in anyway. Buying any of the above would not allow me to save minutes off my lv70 time, nor do I believe it would help any new players to shave noticeable time off their grind.

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, if you would manually craft near perfect exp stats on gear, you would need to pay way more in gems for the same results.

Also, if the purple gear is not ethereal (so you can transfer it to your main account), you can then use it forever to level new toons for 5-starring and/or crafting. Combine this gear with a living weapon and you have a decent set for levelling purposes.

I recently started on legendary levelling gear sets and after about 10 hours of grinding I had enough materials for a lvl 10 and 25 set, so it’s a big investment time wise. I expect to have full sets at lvl 10, 25, 40 and 55 by the end of the season. Basically getting this levelling gear together is costing me an entire season worth of play time. 30$ worth of purchases would basically half that effort.

• RAFERS102
      RAFERS102 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, could you explain this, I don't understand what you are saying? Why would it take hours to get set items at levels 10, 25, 40 and 55??? Also why would you want items at that level?

I just find myself short on gems most of the time. So I level a lot of characters to 70 for 5 starring and crafting 77s. Having a few sets you can just slap on and keep levelling is a huge time saver. Every war supplies I level 3 chars to lvl 70 to make the most of the xp boost. Then I park them for some skill upgrades (ww lvl 10 mostly), use them for crafting a 77 and 5-star them for the gems.

a second reason is I got butter fingers so I need to actually play my shield build more to get better at it. Having legendary set/unique items at lower levels means I have a full build with all bells and whistles in terms of items so time spent levelling characters doubles as training time for my main build too. (At 40 years of age muscle memory builds slowly lol).

To give you an example: my personal best to 70 in Anb is around 40 minutes, and to get that time I need to stop levelling once I unlock ww and get that to lvl 10 first. I am fully aware I will probably never get close to your 10 min mark levelling up a shield build but 40-50 minutes is slow so there definately is room for improvement.

Next AnB I will try something new with a few more items I craft at the start (apart from a Lilly I plan to also get a ww belt and a vial of the wind spirit for the screen wide damage pulses, I expect those will help my build a lot while levelling).
    Last edited by Kardinaal; 12-28-2021, 12:45 PM.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Originally posted by Sagan1969 View Post
    Wish I had read this before I purchased the legendary items.
    Life is a cruel instructor: it gives the test first, and then the lesson.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm ... so THAT's how it works!
Working...
X