Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of staying in Veteran's League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kardinaal
    replied
    Yes I think the cut off is at tl 110, any higher and your next will be master league.

Leave a comment:

• Wulfric
    commented on 's reply
    At TL 132, you'll be moving up a league next ANB.

• eliel77
    replied
    What are the requirements for moving leagues?
    I'm in my second AnB and competing on veteran...
    I pushed trial 132 and I am currently top3.

Leave a comment:

• Kardinaal
    replied
    The actual effects from medals aren’t so big as to unhinge the balance to be honest. Yes they help a fair bit when levelling up to clvl 70, so if you have a lot of medals you can save 5-10 minutes on an Anb, a bit more if you change classes half way through. But once you start to gear up, the stats you get from max level gear simply dwarf out the stat gains from medals.

So the answer to your question is simple: you don’t need medals to compete at all, veteran or master. And even for free players, with a bit of practice the occasional top 100 finish is definately possible. I can’t choose for you the importance you should put into medals, just see them as they are: medals. Not as a boost to your strength, an extra piece of gear…

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Very accurate statement, I worked bloody hard to get Red Medals. Now I could just start a new account, stay in the low leagues until AnB Gold and hey presto, easy red medals.

• PhoenixFitz
    replied
    I don't object to top players getting rewarded (duh), but the medals kind of throw a wrench into the whole premise of ANB, namely, everyone starting out on equal footing.

Leave a comment:

• papa jim
    replied
    Actually, those who want to compete get better and earn, those who don't expect it to be given for just showing up.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by papa jim View Post
    The point of medals was to award them to those who excelled, that changed with the advent of the leagues for each class. Now giving them for participation instead of achievement is disrespectful to those who competed and earned them playing for years.
    Medals are just a "rich get richer" scheme that way.

Leave a comment:

• Teebs
    commented on 's reply
    I think an even easier solution is that once you earn a medal - you are automatically elevated to the next veterancy level.

Seems the best solution to me.

... KTB

• bojck
    replied
    the way I see it there is an easy solution on the devs' side - don't award the rarest medals in lower tiers (Glory medals (power) and Heroism (cr/cd)). I don't think that anyone here minds new players getting the other colours, as we all have a lot of them, but these two are special!

To the original question - it's your call, but if you're not interested in playing why bother with medals? There are a lot of casual players around here and in Discord who casually get top 50 every time - they're just playing casually for a long time and got good in the process There's no need to spend any money, although it's way easier if you get season passes and/or 30-day gems

Leave a comment:

• papa jim
    replied
    The point of medals was to award them to those who excelled, that changed with the advent of the leagues for each class. Now giving them for participation instead of achievement is disrespectful to those who competed and earned them playing for years.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixFitz
    replied
    Yeah, there's got to be something really good that's only available in Master's league. If medals weren't limited to the top X-ranked players, but were instead available to everyone who reached certain milestones, I wouldn't mind moving up to Master's and getting that extra CT and glory.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Based on what I've seen posted, the best thing for you right now is to stay in Veteran's League.

This is exactly the point that was raised when the devs first brought up these trial-based leagues... if all the rewards are the same, players will look to intentionally stay in lower leagues... It was mentioned that the leagues "will" have different rewards, but yeah... still not changed yet

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixFitz
    started a topic Pros and Cons of staying in Veteran's League?

Pros and Cons of staying in Veteran's League?

I'm a pretty casual player, and haven't yet attempted to push TL100. I'm pretty sure that I could, but here's the thing: in Veteran's league, I still have a chance of collecting medals in ANB or other events. There's virtually no chance for me to get any medals in Master's league: I'm just not interested in working that hard or spending that much time/money/gems to finish high in that league.

I know this prevents me from getting the second CT and a bunch of extra Glory in any given ANB, but the way I see it, it will just take longer to get them with this strategy. But once I beat TL100, that's probably the end for me getting more medals.

In this situation, is there any good reason why I should push on to Master's league anyway?
Working...
X