Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of staying in Veteran's League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bali_Lenni
    commented on 's reply
    Having started the game before the different leagues, I can only confirm that it is very hard to get a red medal, at least if you play mobile only. So for me one day, hopefully, it will be my one great reward telling me - " Hey your play style\skills and understanding of how the game works has finally reached a good+ level !"
    ....and that is all ....oh well except it looks good to have a complete rack - so that is a very legitimate reason to hang in until you have at least 1 red

All I am saying is that if you are staying in lower leagues because of the very false assumption that lots of medals will help you to rank higher in Masters League , well might as well move up and have more fun with new challenges.

• TrentRiver
    replied
    Thanks After 3 times at 119 feels like I hit a brick wall but I will not that wall down Saved gems for silver anb. Silver and Gold anbs are more Important to me than Bronze. Bronze I use for practice to get ready for silver and gold. I might just stay in Veterans and try mage and BH for a few rounds even though I suck with them. Got bh to 107 in season and mage 105 and and hit walls with both of them. Can't keep them alive like 1 shot dead lol

Leave a comment:

• Gargos
    replied
    My two bob's opinion, from a player accidentally fell into the lb change The main thing you miss if you leave the lower leagues is a better chance at a Red medal. A red medal is a mark of prestige, and it fills your rack of medals. It is very much harder to score one in Masters, but in terms of game play it makes very little difference. Players with few medals can compete in Masters, and it's a lot more challenging and therefore enjoyable than frigging around in lower leagues if you think you are ready. Masters is tough, but far better if you think you can do it. Basically, it doesn't hurt, all you hve to do is work harder

Leave a comment:

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    Without even having to asking what class you are using; you are not ready for Master league.

When I stop farming TL 105 for the ANB? I clear TL 119 in less than 2m with my XP gear.

Step back. Figure out what you are doing wrong that makes your farming inefficient. CL 1610 is very much on the low side for a Gold ANB let alone a Bronze. A knowledgeable layer with good gear can do TL 130+ with just CL 1600. You have some areas to figure out where to improve.

CL 1800 without spending a gem on boosters is very doable during Bronze.

Just being bluntly honest with you.

Other players are more than happy to help you figure out where your snafus lay.

• TrentRiver
    replied
    I think what I am doing wrong is farming for the timer books instead of taking the 36 and 72 hr wait time when I am done 4 days a head of time
    I will give silver and gold a try better time management and maybe gold I will make the jump I wanted to get a red medal before did. It's a mental game for me it's all in my head my brain is my worst enemy
    I got to 1610 cl and 150 synergy this round did not spend gems on enough boosters figuring saving them for silver and gold
    I want the medals and like testing my skills to get better figure out a better way to play
    my best time anytime is 4:03 at 119 in season and anb it takes me about 2.5 mins just to get him out lol
    Last edited by TrentRiver; 01-05-2023, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    If you are running out of time getting to TL 119? Seriously think twice about beating TL 120+ to shove you into Master.

There are only two reasons to go above Veteran:

1) You want the additional Glory from TL 120 and TL 130.

2) You want to go for a Season ranking which obviously requires you to go above TL 119.

Being able to clear TL 119 is 1:30 or less only takes a couple of hours of Event Timer with any class. If one is struggling to clear TL 119 during Gold ANBs, let alone Bronze or Silver, then one should seriously reconsider making the jump to Master.

This is all predicated on wanting to be able to earn medals. Do not care about the medals? Zero reason to hang in the lower leagues.

• TrentRiver
    replied
    In Veterans 119 is the threshold to Master League I am right on the cusp of going over I can get to 119 3 times now but not quite ready to go over 2 more under my belt and I think I should be ready. I run out of time getting to 119 so if I can do it faster and leave more time to advance to enough trials and place better then I will go for it

Leave a comment:

• Blackhole
    commented on 's reply
    I'm staying in Veteran for a bit. Why? I want the experience of playing against the best remaining veterans in th spring ANBs. So I plan to hold at level 99 this season, and move up sometime in the spring. (In between is farming time!)

• Ognastay
    replied
    If you want to stay casual, stay casual. if you wanna go causal, get causal.

Pro's of staying in vets:
    casual play, take all day
    no stress to be the best
    no need for speed
    you grow as you go
    competition not your mission
    then you settle for any medal
    if that's your style, then stay awhile

Con's of staying in vets
    wanna develop faster, move to master

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Tin Man I was basing my comments on the Dev's originally proposed threshold for the Master's league. I agree that changing the threshold to TL120 does decrease the numbers a bit. However, I stand by my original position that if you are pushing to top of the leaderboard to earn medals then you really have only one shot. Even using the TL120 threshold most of the top 100 BHs will threshold out of their current league in a single event.

Silver 12 BHs that passed the TL120 threshold = 95
    Gold 12 BHs that passed the TL120 threshold = 49

I expect that most players will eventually end up in Master's league unless they deliberately avoid crossing the threshold. You can already see that the number of BHs in Silver who crossed the threshold [95] dropped significantly in Gold [49] since the top 95 Veteran BHs in Silver all moved up to Masters league. I would expect to see that trend continue until only "new" players are in the lower leagues.

The only exception would be if a players actively trying to "game the system" by not completing TL120 by any of the heroes on that account just to keep the account in the lower league. Given the current stats in those lower leagues, I do not see that as a viable strategy for a player who wants to be competitive.
    Last edited by Ozymandius; 01-09-2022, 08:13 PM. Reason: Added values to reflect the change in Master's league threshold to TL120

• WarriorSeven
    commented on 's reply
    Well stated, Ozy!

• Ozymandius
    replied
    You really only have one shot at finishing at the top of the Veteran's leaderboard because the trial thresholds for moving up were set so low. In the last Silver and Gold ANBs, all of the top 100 Veteran BH players passed the trial threshold for moving up to Masters league. In the most recent Bronze event, over half [68] of the top 100 players in the BH Contender's league will also move up to Master's League based on their ANB trial completion. I suppose that you could stay just under the threshold and still earn a lesser class of medal, but what would be the point of that?
    Last edited by Ozymandius; 01-07-2022, 09:32 PM. Reason: added BH class to clarify which leaderboards I was using.

Leave a comment:

• Yia
    replied
    Mine showed it too, this event and the one before but very briefly. It was there then gone and I didn't see it again. ??‍♀️

Sorry for the strange characters in my post. I should have used the forums and not my phones emojis.

Leave a comment:

• Bali_Lenni
    commented on 's reply
    A small amendatory veto if permitted:
    would like to see Green medals {xxp/xg} added to that list.
    As a , so far, non money spending mobile only toon, I have been trying, rather unsuccesfully, for months and months to get even 1 of those green medals . At my skill level, current 'mixed LB' and not the best of devices, the only possibilty of remotely hoping for a greenie is Top100 in silver....that makes it seem pretty precious
    [Pink Floyd's “Green is the colour“ comes to kind]

Not feeling in a position to enter the fairness/advantage argument, I do think medals may be a great motivational element for many players, so I wholeheartedly agree that to keep them special would certainly be a good decision.

• PhoenixFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eliel77 View Post
    What are the requirements for moving leagues?
    I'm in my second AnB and competing on veteran...
    I pushed trial 132 and I am currently top3.
    I think TL100.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X