No announcement yet.

Good Luck to All in ANB Silver League #13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can accomplish everything with enough practice. One important thing about how to be good is ..... enjoy the game.( Smurfino)

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you use PC or mobile?

My BH on mobile has full legendaries and still dies like crazy above TL 140, though I admittedly don't have the best reflexes. I try to keep moving but the mobs always one-shot me eventually.

Congrats on your success, by the way!

Took some time off from Eternium (it's a good idea, I highly recommend it!) and now I'm sort of back, been playing on and off the last few anbs. Haven't been logging in every day for dailies so my gem budget was super low for this Silver, started with 500 gems and so far have spent about 1,800, started the event with no upgrade slot or maggie and farmed a little so I could afford them (playing with 1 upgrade slot is ).
    Made it to 70 in under 10 minutes with just 2 days worth of dailies thanks in part to some pointers I picked up from @bojck's video. Not out to set any records or personal bests this anb but so far I've accomplished my goals of 2000 cls and 2 77s (I'm going with items for a crit elr on main even though I'm pushing in anb with lily so I devoted 2 stats on each to cr/cd) and as a bonus managed to craft a very nice 76 500% beam BoM! (Total overkill for anb but I'm not complaining )
    Right now I'm waiting until tomorrows dailies so I can afford a 2nd socket for my 77 regalia robe before I ct it. In the mean time I've done a soft push, knocked down 135 in 2:43, 140 in 3:52, and 146 in 6:39. Hit 150 in Gold and 152 in Bronze and I think 152 should be totally doable this time around as well. 153 in anb with lily has so far been very frustrating for me as i spent over 2 hours attempting it in bronze and ultimately failed, so if I clear 152 I'll probably just stop there for the sake of my sanity!
    Good Luck Everyone! and remember... it's just a game!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      A bit surprised you didn't try the Smurf Challenge.

Now that's really low-budget!

• Splendor
      Splendor commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually they spent way more gems on that challenge than I did They all dual-classed so they could farm exp with Warrior and then switch to BH which costs a lot of gems, not to mention companions, research slots etc.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, I see...

I considered dual-classing once, but decided not to after adding up the cost of all the gems I'd have to spend.

Qol qol qol. For years.
    NOw is votws finally the magic wand for a shield warrior when facing the dreaded Kara and her minions?. I Absolutely hv no idea. erm. In bronze anb I'm at 144 (timing ended) while using qol as usual.. Now in silver 14 min left. Not bad/can't be worse while using votws. Still hv time for another last round. Maybe tmrw.

Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 01-22-2022, 09:01 AM.
    ANB Silver #15 Mage Trial 131
    PURIST Mobile user

Comment

Struggled a bit on my push but in the end managed to clear 151, came within a few seconds of clearing 152 on back to back runs but eventually ran out of event timer. Not sure if it was just me but the game seemed to lag a bit more than usual, especially in the mob phase. All in all though, a successful Poor Man's Anb, proving once again that Eternium success can't be bought with Gold or Gems, it takes time, dedication, practice, skill, and pinch of insanity . Is it worth it? In my humble opinion, no, but it sure can be fun to geek out on sometimes. I'll probably take another break from playing again soon but from time to time I may be back experience the rush of leveling up and gearing a character in a matter of hours like some demented mad man .
      Attached Files

Comment

• Grand_Wazoo
        Grand_Wazoo commented
        Editing a comment
        I see that this little break didn't affect your talent too much! Welcome back.

• Splendor
        Splendor commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

TL130 at the moment. Got one decent 76 axe ct'd plus I kept my 77 exp/xg trousers. They will be used on the 5 starring set I have for ex ANB warriors to recoup some of my "investment." Still got 2 hrs on timer but work tomorrow means push time ends tonight. TL135 at least is the target. Just have to see how it goes

Comment

Hello;

Just finished the event.

Since i began gearing up my mage, main goal was getting some cheap lvl77 weapons and maybe a decent position if possible.

Being a noob mage, i didn't have the courage to start with one due to slower farming. It could easily go out of control combined with my unstable clear times. So figured i should dual class again.

In general, it was a smooth and flawless AnB. Actually; for the first time i didn't have any issues giving me a hard time to complain about

I went easy with the warrior. No excess enchants, upgrades, crafting, companions etc. Because of this, average clear times were a bit slower than my usual. But good enough to get the job done.

Crafting was also pretty smooth. I was overly aggressive on saving resources during last couple of AnB's which caused a lot of trouble. Toning that down made crafting much more flawless and predictable.

Near the end after finishing Tl 149, i had enough time for just two runs. My first run at Tl 150 was pretty solid. In fact, i was probably just 2-3 thermal shocks away from an under 8min finish when i made a mistake and ended up dying. This resulted in a couple of more deaths due to loosing my buff and Kara's minions stacking. Was so close but she regained her health and i kept dying and dying

Second was kinda rushed but still managed to spawn her within a reasonable window. But made a mistake again and found my self in a smilar situation like the above. But this time it was early in the fight.

So Tl 149 it was... Mostly because of my inexperience on playing a mage. Still it was a very successful and a fun AnB for me.

Compared to last bronze with a mage, i was able to improve like 5 lvls. It is also 3 lvls higher than my main mage's score. My other goal of two lvl77 weapons is also fulfilled. And that's about it. Happy with the result.

Anyways good luck to anyone still running the event. Hope you all have/had fun.

Comment

• Naos
          Naos commented
          Editing a comment
          bojck don't know why but without fleet footed i tend to die a lot during mob phase.

Maybe i need to practice a bit without it. Any advice?

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          Good boots and pants : ) I also find movement speed very important, but endurance gives a very good toughness boost so I always use it. Regarding gameplay, personally I sidestep+attack all the time which dodges most of the hits. With the old controls you could just switch between left click (to sidestep) and right click (to attack while standing still). Now there are several options to achieve the same thing:
          - use shift+right click;
          - use a macro for shift+right click (I use Logitech G HUB);
          - use auto attack and just left click to sidestep, then attack automatically

I don't know if you're already doing that, but we often just give advice on stats, and this technique is more important than any toughness on gear...

For example here I get hit only once (which is more than enough to get me killed ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm5l...oyanBatchvarov

• Naos
          Naos commented
          Editing a comment
          bojck thank you for the advice.

Yep i do sidestep+attack and definetely will try the shift+right click macro.

Usually; if i make a successful pull i can spawn the boss with enough time for a kill. Depending on the mob distrubution it may be a tight or a pretty lucrative one. But still within a doable window.

Trying to get the hang out of the pulling phase atm. Certain bosses also gives me a hard time but that is a matter of practice. Pulling on the other hand is rather chaotic.

I still couldn't get a good feel on shatter distance. Therefore i use it within short bursts to be sure which results in mobs being on my tail all the time. Further i discovered that after doing the pull going back from the same route gives you plenty of space to manuever. But sometimes things get complicated and i find myself trapped or cornered. Learned to use vortex to create an escape route but not %100 reliable atm. Fleet footed helps me on these situations while pulling. I tried without it for a while but that makes my pulling phase unstable atm. Still have a lot to learn and practice

The chargers on your video are really annoying. But i somewhat learned to deal with them. What annoys me most are those sprinting casters. They nearly always leave the vortex very early and get ready to cast something which causes you to break frostbeam not to die dealing very little dmg as a result. Really slows your progress.

Four hours into the event, and I am still farming XP at TL105. Managed to craft a level 77 pistol with perfect damage stats, which I will probably CT once I push to TL110. I would like to get to 1900CLs, but I am running out of event time. Last time that I tried to finish an event at work was a bust [very low FSP and unstable connection], so I pretty much have to make a push today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xena 4hrs.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	208965

I probably need to run about 15-20 more XP runs, then I will start my push. I already started crafting critical damage gear including a level 76 ToS, so I will just need to reforge XP off a few of the better. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Naos
          Naos commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice recovery after your bad luck on weapons early event

Most useful drop ever!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, got one like that in Bronze!

Name:	130dropW.png
Views:	206
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	208977
        This one dropped on 130 with 5 mins left to go in the ANB, it'll need a few gems spending but has potential

Comment

Timer's up, Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220124-212203.png
Views:	256
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	208982 3.5 hours to go and hoping for the first silver Top 100 @ TL 137.......
          lousy player, humble goals, but great fun otw...
          Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)

Comment

Made a completely futile attempt at the top 100, but I had to try. Lost too much time to family duties over the weekends.

Morgenheim was nice, and if it didn't take so long to get there, I'd prefer it over SM for gold farming.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Kristoff
              Kristoff commented
              Editing a comment
              Also tried to shoot for CL 2022 to match the current year but didn't quite make it.

• Ozymandius
              Ozymandius commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice CL total! At least for BH, the trick is to add XG on some gear/jewelry to avoid having to make any gold runs. I've done that for the last few events, and only had to make a few runs early on to enchant an early level 77 weapon.

• Kristoff
              Kristoff commented
              Editing a comment
              Ozymandius Thanks, but even with slightly fewer CLs, you still ranked higher than me, which I think is indicative of your skill and better grasp of the game mechanics.

I'm not good at gold farming since I always wait too long rather than exiting immediately after the chest pops, so I put XP and XG on all my farming gear and jewelry.

It got pretty grindy towards the end, though, as I had to clear two TLs for every CL that I gained.

And there's even players at the top with over 2100+ CLs!

Too lazy so just did a soft push to secure a spot in top 50. TL 142 in 5m13s loll.
            Left over 2 hours of game time.

Name:	Eternium 2022-01-24 12_32_13 (2).png
Views:	220
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	208991

Comment

• Kristoff
              Kristoff commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish I could be as "lazy" as you!

Good riddance, ANB Silver #13. Ugh! Yuck! What an unmitigated disaster for me!

Was in "Master Warrior" class (Bwah-ha-ha ... yeah, right) and barely finished TL117. Finished well over 500 in standing, so no medals.
            472,378 Damage
            6,052,639 Toughness
            170,049 Recovery

4W/2F build, with WW axe and Cleaver, and pretty much meta.

OK, I did manage 2 CT's and some materials and gems in the end, but could not CT any 77 pieces because I didn't have any: only one 75 and one 76 piece, the rest was CRAP.

Crafting was absolutely a joke and a complete waste of time, gold and materials, in retrospect. Toon power was just a pile of POO because of the low gear power and damage levels.

Plus ... poor, POOR execution on my part. No one to blame but me. Just abominable performance -- and it's not that I didn't know better. Although I don't play warrior a lot in ANB, I thought I could do much, much better here for this one.

The absolute number one issue was I did not pay enough attention to XP development, and only ended with 810 CL. WTF??? Where was my brain? What was I thinking? Plus my experiment to separate separate XP and XG gear into different sets was probably a bad idea, not to be repeated until I research this much more thoroughly and understand better WTF I'm doing.

It will be a while before I play warrior in any ANB in the near future. Got to clear the air of this very bad odor before the next event.

WARNING!!! DO NOT LOITER NEAR THIS POST TOO LONG. TOXIC! REEKS FROM A VERY FOUL AND POISONOUS ODOR! BAD! BAD! BAD! RUN AWAY! MR. YUCK IS MEAN, MR. YUCK IS GREEN!
            Last edited by WarriorSeven; 01-24-2022, 07:56 PM.
            “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior
            ... MICA - Mage ... BELA - Hybrid BH ... MICATHREE - Mage Farmer ... BELATOO - BH Farmer

Comment

• WarriorSeven
              WarriorSeven commented
              Editing a comment
              Ozymandius, yeah, I used Pythia. Not a lot of help for me this round for the ANB toon. So much for the luck of the draw. And I picked the popular meta 4W/2F strategy to start (I had originally planned 6F). And of COURSE I selected one which did NOT use the Lily. Why? Because I was worried it would negate the CD on the warrior.

Nothing but a comedy of errors, almost every step of the way.

Thinking this my last post on this matter. Need to decompress.

But thanks for everyone's support! I do appreciate all you guys!
              Last edited by WarriorSeven; 01-25-2022, 03:28 AM.

• Kristoff
              Kristoff commented
              Editing a comment
              Most of what I know I learned from Romme . He has a very good ANB guide for warriors. I've also applied fast-leveling strategies that I've learned from RAFERS102 and bojck .

• Bali_Lenni
              Bali_Lenni commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha.... don't worry too much....I think "bad" ANBs with disasterous choices, probably happen to most of us at some stage. Actually I did finally finally finallllliiiii wrench that green medal [at my skill level only possible in Silver], ending up rank 63, but my previous silver was a complete disaster - bad choices, bad timing, getting mixed up between Crit and Lily builds and in the process practically wasting 2600 preciois precious jewels on my very first Legcrate purchase on top of that - all that culminating in a futile shot at the top100....that reminded me of many a veteran's' comments, that you really do need patience and keep a cool head playing this game.
              Your lucky number will come - bon courage

Did not have time to push on Sunday night thanks to the overtime battle between KC and Buffalo, so I booked a conference room at work to make a mediocre push this morning. Ended up with 1927 CLs, but I never got past Garm at TL139. I used the ephemeral jewelry for XP farming thinking that I would be able to craft better jewelry later in the game. Unfortunately, I ended up having to rush it with less than stellar results. I need to go back to crafting XP jewelry from now on as all of my CD stats came out about 30 points lower than the ephemerals even after blowing a lot of gems to craft them. I also experimented with using two damage stats on trinkets, bracer, and belt without thinking that strategy through. While others were using Fire + Nature for Snipe DOT, I tried Fire + Physical, which was a total bust. I was able to recraft a new molten belt and even BoM, but would have needed another day to replace the trinkets. I left almost 3 hours on the game clock, so I was not likely to be competitive in this event even without those mistakes.

Name:	Xena TL138.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	209025
            On the plus side, I perfected my 6Havoc Fire Lily XP farming and ended up with decent CLs. I also had some nice times in Discord Shootout. On the downside, the switch from 6H to 4h:2D was more challenging than I expected though it was likely impacted by the low framerate at work and being somewhat hungover after the AFC late game. I just kept getting one shot by mobs that I didn't even see...

Comment

Working...
            X