Ability Rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability Rating

What AR are players shooting for? Adrian said the new breakpoint was 2000. 400 come from CLs, 500 from IM, 90 from synergy, so that leaves roughly 1000 to get from gear. However the LBs don't reflect this. Most players don't have that much AR, especially BH.​​​​
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

My target is 1500, but with 3 slowly developing classes, I've got a loooooong way to go.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior
    ... MICA - Mage ... BELA - Hybrid BH ... MICATHREE - Mage Farmer ... BELAFOR - BH Farmer

Comment

Yes I think it's around 1500 + IM= 2000. But when I look at the wizard leaderboard nearly all top players don't even use IM but Carnival cape instead. So I too am a bit confused.

Comment

The breakpoint at 2000 AR concerns alacrity, perhaps that's what Adrian referred to? Or perhaps global cooldown... The normal cooldown reduction is continuous, there are no breakpoints, it's just that the returns are small with high AR. So alacrity starts from 5% at 0 AR, goes up to 15% at 2000, then slowly crawls up to 20% at 4000AR (all the research for that was done by LodWig).

Indeed the AR used varies wildly by class, build and playstyle. I run 3000-3500 on my warrior xp farmer (another +500 from IM), 1200-1300 on my main mage (using the same with and without IM, but adjusting the playstyle significantly). Some BHs use no AR on gear and no IM...

The main idea behind low AR is to deal most of the damage during procs (ToS/slayer), and to have vortex/stun ready.
        Mage: Anba
        Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Originally posted by bojck View Post
          The breakpoint at 2000 AR concerns alacrity, perhaps that's what Adrian referred to?
          I think he meant the inflection point for cool down reduction. With 1500 you get 33% cool down reduction but with 2300 you only get 38% cool down reduction, so I think 2000 is the inflection point.
          DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            the cooldown reduction function is AR/(2*AR + 1500), so no inflection point there

• Arawn
            Arawn commented
            Editing a comment
            bojck Oh it's linear? No idea what he meant then

So, is the deflection point, in this case, synonymous with the point of diminishing returns?

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior
          ... MICA - Mage ... BELA - Hybrid BH ... MICATHREE - Mage Farmer ... BELAFOR - BH Farmer

Comment

• Arawn
            Arawn commented
            Editing a comment
            I may have used the wrong term, I'm no maths expert. I was referring to the point of the curve where the increases in x and y values were equal, but apparently the function is linear

• Tsoufakia
            Tsoufakia commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s not linear…

Tsoufakia Yeah I don't get a linear output... When I plug the cool down formula above into a graph I get a curve. So whatever this point is called (inflection point, etc, idk) is what I assumed Adrian meant by the breakpoint, which he said was 2000
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220201-094141__01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.7 KB ID:	209131
          DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            If you set y axis between 0 and 0.5 and only look for positive ar, it will look much better But yeah it just shows how bad the returns are with higher AR, and how much we benefit from the first points in AR in early game

I expanded the graph out a bit (see what you started, @Arawn?).

​​

There's a discontiniuty at at -750AR (lol, wtf?). I'm very interested in anybody explaining what any of the negative AR means in gameplay with this formula. Only the right-side of the y-axis makes any sense (positive AR), which appears to be linear, but isn't. So the equation, to me, is nothing but a curve-fitting exercise to account for the very small incremental cooldown reduction vs. AR, which is okay -- but the left-side of the y-axis is just simply goofy.

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior

Comment

At 1500AR u get 33% cooldown reduction. At 2000AR u get around 38%. If u believe that these 500 stat points are worth for the extra 5% base cooldown reduction, then go for it. Have in mind that 500 points in parry, boost your survivability by more than 30%...

The nonlinear scaling in the stats formulas are there to remind u that: dont stack too much of something, cause the result may not be worth to the points u spend in it.

Imo u can do well with 1500AR, no need for 2000. These 500 extra point can be spent somewhere else that u are left behind.

Comment

• bojck
              bojck commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed these 500 points can have better use, though gotta be careful if you judge parry by sheet toughness, as it is very inaccurate. Sheet toughness uses the parry reduction for melee attacks, which is 100%. Against ranged it's 50%, and multiple types of attacks cannot be parried. So if it displays 30% extra toughness with the extra parry, it is safer to assume it's actually half of that... Especially for bhs and mages most damage taken is not melee, as you die from that and have to avoid it...

• Tsoufakia
              Tsoufakia commented
              Editing a comment
              With 500 parry u get about 30% parry rate. So about 1/3 of the attacks u receive are halved if u play ranged class. Still is much greater benefit than 5% base cool down reduction.

Nice cogent discussion on all of this. It clears up a lot of crap.

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior

Comment

Working...
            X